Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » TOS Display! Yay! (Page 3)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: TOS Display! Yay!
Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm gonna assume Romii is not Remus, but instead a heavily populated Romulan colony nearby and just has a similar name.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well "Romii" would seem to be a contraction/corruption of "Romulus II," meaning presumably that it is a binary sister to Romulus (I). These being stars, not planets.

-MMoM [Big Grin]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Another one. With Futura. And different character spacings, like the BoT map [Smile]

-

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i think the Futura looks much more authentic for Fleet readouts and maps and such.. the other font (seen on the HULL PRESSUR COMP'TS or whatever graphic from TOS) sems to fit better only for technical schematics..

and history and biographical data seems to be limited to not typewriter fonts, but definitely typeset looking black text on white screen.

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh.. I seem to have missed the fact that Alondra and Mantilles are supposed to be in the same system. [Embarrassed]

--------------------

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice TAS reference, all the same. [Wink]
capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
and the other planet, the one that was missing.. i was gonna comment on why there were other star systems only a few AUs away.. although i suppose they could be light years distant.. just 'under' the 2D plane of the map..
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Mighty Monkey of Mim:

Ah-ha! That's why I couldn't figure out which episode this is from.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

quote:
Originally posted by Reverend:
quote:
Originally posted by The Mighty Monkey of Mim:

Ah-ha! That's why I couldn't figure out which episode this is from.
Tee hee, yeah...

"One Of Our Planets Is Missing"

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Was it BoT that established the RNZ at about one light-year wide? If so, and if that band on that map is supposed to be 1ly thick, then "Romii" or "Rom II" or whatever is definitely not in the same system as Romulus.
Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

The 1 lightyear thickness is conjecture based on 1 lightyear squares on that BoT map. And it doesn't make much sense anyway that Romii and Remus would be the same. I mean, if Romulus and Romii on that map are planets, where's their sun?

--------------------

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Those squares don't say 1 ly - it just says 5000.

What could the 5000 be? Kellicams? [Smile]

The thing about there being no star - maybe this again fits with my theory above that this is a solar system map - and that the Earth Outposts are either on Asteroids in the Romulus system or on Kuiper belt objects. Romulus and Romii are close planets. The Neutral zone might run through the system (maybe between the last planet and the kuiper belt objects.) And this is why the Romulans didn't need FTL. AND why there was a comet... with a TAIL!

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

But it would be a rather pathetic *Star* Empire, wouldn't it?

Anyway..

Here's a TMP-era map.
 -

--------------------

Griffworks
Member # 1014

- posted      Profile for Griffworks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Timo:
I know TOS SB numbers went up to 200
>SNIP<

Where was this established? I'm curious to know, as I don't recall any numbers in TOS above Starbase 13, tho am going from memory at the moment....
Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"The Alternative Factor" had Starbase 200 in it. There were only supposed to go up to about 17, but sometimes writers didn't know. Thus Starbases 200 & 27.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps