Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » TOS Display! Yay! (Page 4)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: TOS Display! Yay!
Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ahh.. "The Alternative Factor". It's like the "Threshold" of TOS [Big Grin]

Although in retrospect, perhaps 200 is a more sensible number than 17, starbase-wise.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Griffworks
Member # 1014

- posted      Profile for Griffworks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Shik:
"The Alternative Factor" had Starbase 200 in it. There were only supposed to go up to about 17, but sometimes writers didn't know. Thus Starbases 200 & 27.

Ah. OK, thanks. Yet another reason I wish they'd release TOS in a Season Set format....
MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice TMP map, Harry! It's been a while since I saw TMP (though I do have the DVD-SE)... they really do use that perspective view for the map? Though it looks cool, it seems kinda illogical for a 2D display...

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's kind of my own invention. But it is based on the countless weird "oh look we have a budget!" 3d(-ish) scanners, monitors and charts blinking on the bridge.

And TOS Season Sets are a Very Very Very Good IdeaTM

--------------------

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice display, although I'd use Microgrammer Bold-Ext instead of medium, since that's what they ended up using in the later TOS movies.

Unless of course it's an intentional tie-in to those scans of FJ's manual that cropped up in TWoK.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Harry:
But it would be a rather pathetic *Star* Empire, wouldn't it?

Well - what I'm saying is, is that it could be the just the Federation Neutral Zone side that runs through the Romulan system (and maybe only in BoT - after that it might have been pushed back due to the destruction of the outposts) and that the Romulan Star Empire extended out the other way... or up even.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

quote:
Originally posted by Reverend:
Nice display, although I'd use Microgrammer Bold-Ext instead of medium, since that's what they ended up using in the later TOS movies.

Unless of course it's an intentional tie-in to those scans of FJ's manual that cropped up in TWoK.

They did use Microgramma Bold-Ext in the later movies, but it was medium in most of the TMP displays.

--------------------

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Ahh.. "The Alternative Factor". It's like the "Threshold" of TOS [Big Grin]

wow, the kid knows of what he speaks...
MrNeutron
Member # 524

- posted      Profile for MrNeutron     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MinutiaeMan:
Nice TMP map, Harry! It's been a while since I saw TMP (though I do have the DVD-SE)... they really do use that perspective view for the map? Though it looks cool, it seems kinda illogical for a 2D display...

There are no "maps" in TMP.

There are a two tactical projections around the V'ger cloud and projections of V'ger and its weapons in Earth orbit, but that's it.

--------------------
"Well, I mean, it's generally understood that, of all of the people in the world, Mike Nelson is the best." -- ULTRA MAGNUS, steadfast in curmudgeon

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Another one. With Futura. And different character spacings, like the BoT map [Smile]

-

quote:
Oh.. I seem to have missed the fact that Alondra and Mantilles are supposed to be in the same system. [Embarrassed]

I meant to post this before, Harry, but I forgot. Sorry. It's a display similar to yours that appeared in Shane Johnson's Worlds of the Federation that might help if you plan to make revisions to your version.

-

-MMoM [Big Grin]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps