Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Designing the USS Titan (Page 3)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Designing the USS Titan
Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Uck! Do not like that version...

blah...

*licks tongue in dirt*

The used Ambassador looks a lot more unique without looking too much like one ship (Galaxy) or another (Excelsior). I see waaaaaaaay too much Galaxy in that design.

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, how about the *original* Enterprise-C, that was hanging on the wall of the E-D conference room for four years? Has anyone ever tried extrapolating that design? The Ambassador we eventually got looks nothing like it, and for that matter I don't think Probert's design looks much like it either.

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
(We haven't encountered ship's counsellors on any ship other than the Galaxy and Sovereign-class Enterprise. We never found out what class of starship Ezri Dax's U.S.S. Destiny was. Does anybody know what class of ship the Destiny was?)
That's not true. There was a ship's counselor aboard the USS Brittan (sp?). It seems to me that a ship's psychologist is a pretty routine posting in the 24th Century Starfleet, even if the ship's counselor isn't a member of the bridge staff.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Was Andrus Hagan the cousellor of the Brattain? I thought he was a scientific advisor. He was from Betazed, though.

Janeway indicated that they didn't have a counsellor on board because of the nature of their original mission, not the size of the ship.

I'm guessing that any ship that is due to be out in space for any length of time will have a counsellor aboard. Voyager was only scheduled to be gone a short time before their little side-jaunt.

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, Hagen was the "science advisor". In a quick tangent, the Brattain, does anyone have a theory on whether it destroyed in the end of that episode o rnot? At the end of that episode it was never indicated if the Enterprise towed it to a starbase or if it was just left there. I realize we saw the explosion that ruptured the rift to allow the Enterprise/UAI to escape, and neither of those ships were destroyed, so I cannot see any reason why the Brattain wasn't destroyed either, but nonetheless there was no indication of whether or not a salvage was made...or is it just MIA?

--------------------

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It could have been sent on autopilot to randevous with a support ship like the Hood and staken to starbase from there: no use tying up the flagship.
It's not like the Brittain was a cutting edge ship that any of the major powers would bother to steal.

...and just for torture's sake, they should have sent Mr. Hagan agong as the sole crewman for the trip back.
Kinda a starfleet flying dutchman. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mark Nguyen:
Hey, how about the *original* Enterprise-C, that was hanging on the wall of the E-D conference room for four years? Has anyone ever tried extrapolating that design? The Ambassador we eventually got looks nothing like it, and for that matter I don't think Probert's design looks much like it either.

Mark

That's a good idea!
Anybody got a pic of that?

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yo.

Mark

--------------------

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Thanks.

I can see that representing the Probert design.
...at least as much as the Excelsior representing Enterprise B, anyway. [Wink]

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

I don't.. There can be an AWFUL lot of license take with that wall model. Already, I like it more than the Probert thing.

Mark

--------------------

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Kinda looks like the ASDB Korlov design to me.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
it seems that most large-crew situations have conselors assigned.. DS9 had an assigned counselor.. and Ezri was said to be an 'assistant counselor' presumably serving under another higher ranked counselor..

as a large military entity, Starfleet must have a dedicated corps of mental health professionals to look after the good of the crews, even as early as "Where No Man Has Gone Before" there was a psychologist assigned to the Enterprise, long before the creation of the counselor position

we can probably assume that ships with very small crews or short mission profiles dont have dedicated counselors along, but probably have surgeons that are chosen for dual talents in psychological and physiological medicine.

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

True - Janeway specifically states that they don't have a counsellor because she figured her short-duration mission into the Badlands wouldn't need one. It follows that there is probably a corps of Starfleet counsellors who get assigned as needed to either ships with families aboard, or those without that would be on longer-range missions.

Of course, this is not to say that ships without counsellors are deficient. There are probably plenty of officers or crew out there with equivalents to bachelors degrees in psychology; heck, we've got plenty right now. [Smile]

Mark

--------------------

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

quote:
Originally posted by CaptainMike:
it seems that most large-crew situations have conselors assigned.. DS9 had an assigned counselor.. and Ezri was said to be an 'assistant counselor' presumably serving under another higher ranked counselor..

Ezri was such on the Destiny, assistant that is; she got promoted to the station counselor of DS9, before that, there seemed to be none on the station.

--------------------

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ref Counselor Telnorri in "Whispers."

You owe me $10.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps