Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Designing the USS Titan (Page 4)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Designing the USS Titan
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Futurama Guy:
quote:
Originally posted by CaptainMike:
it seems that most large-crew situations have conselors assigned.. DS9 had an assigned counselor.. and Ezri was said to be an 'assistant counselor' presumably serving under another higher ranked counselor..

Ezri was such on the Destiny, assistant that is; she got promoted to the station counselor of DS9, before that, there seemed to be none on the station.
DS9 didint need no stinkin counselor!
Their bar served real liquor!

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, after O'brien was fake-locked up for 30 years and finally came back tot he station and went nutso, Sisko had him seeing Dr. Telnori... I think. I assumed he was the station's counselor.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Shik:
Ref Counselor Telnorri in "Whispers."

You owe me $10.

$10 Canadian, right? [Wink]

The official record:

"Psychological advisor on Deep Space 9 before Ezri Dax's arrival. Miles O'Brien, though at first resistant, worked with Telnorri three times a week to overcome implanted Argrathi prison life memories."

Obviously not a very important character. And it was "Hard Time"...not "Whispers"...you owe somebody $10 now. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

TheWoozle
Member # 929

- posted      Profile for TheWoozle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, you guys are tough... demanding real money now too... I'm glad I just lurk here. [Razz]

--------------------
joH'a' 'oH wIj DevwI' jIH DIchDaq Hutlh pagh
(some days it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps in the morning)
The Woozle!

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
USD$10. And I owe you nothing, as there are no tagbacks.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
USD$10!?!
You can buy a house in Canada for that!

The doctor's lack of recognition just shows that the DS9 crew were'nt the sissys of the TNG cast.

You's never see Worf in a mudbath on DS9.
It just would'nt be tolerated. [Big Grin]

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Triton
Member # 1043

- posted      Profile for Triton         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mud bath? I don't think Worf would tolerate a soap and water bath. [Big Grin] Remember when he spat between his teeth: "Reminds one of bathing" with total disgust. Unfortunately, I cannot remember the TNG episode he said this or to whom.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

And yet....there he was: soaking in mud with Lwaxana Troi, Deanna and his crabhead child while holographic (and very sissy) bozos capered about.
Not one of TNG's high points.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I vaguely recall that episode..."Cost of Living"...one of those wonderful 'Mamas gotta get laid' episodes we knew we were gonna get everytime Majel showed up...

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just recently watched TOS "What Are Little Girls Made Of" with the nzgf and dang if Majel isn't one heckafine hot momma. Why couldn't they give her a less irritating reoccuring TNG character? Or make those episodes with her less irritating?

Also the klingon child's laughter makes my corneas bleed. Nothing to add w/r/t Titan.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Man, if only Duras has killed the brat and we'd kept Keh'Lar (sp?) as a recurring TNG character instead....

Lwaxana was actually prety cool (and likable!) on DS9.
Oddly enough, Deanna was good on Voyager, and I can't watch a sappy TNG "I sense blah blah blah" episode anymore (except when she loses her powers and Riker tells her off when she's whining about for the whole ep).
Mabye the Troi's are better away from the rest of the TNG crew. Worf sure was. [Wink]

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Back to the design at hand:
Is the pod structure at the aft above, below or in line with the ship's centerline?

My big gripe with the design is that it looks inspired by B5 ships (the whitestar in particular) and some of the sense of scale is lost as a result.

Some tweaking and the loss of those extra nacelle pylon things and you'll have something nice, so keep at it. [Wink]

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps