Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Olympic Class (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Olympic Class
The Red Admiral
Admiral on Deck....
Member # 602

- posted      Profile for The Red Admiral     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So here's the prgress so far on it (and bear in mind it is a work in progress. There's a few things I have to finish and figure out, such as textures, and replacing the way too thin nacelle pylons, etc. But it's coming along okay.

-

-

-

-

--------------------
"To the Enterprise and the Stargazer. Old girlfriends we'll never meet again." - Scotty

Trekmania -My Comprehensive Trek Resource

The ASDB

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
VERY nice.
The shuttlebay and docking port thingie on the side have small details not on your model but it's looking great.
Mabye brighten the hull color a couple of shades to more of a white.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with the hull colour - at the moment it is too... metallic-sheeting... Not that heavier whiter look - that 24th century ships have - which gives them a 'stronger' futuristic look.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ooohh... dis em loverly!

Care to post a somewhat ventral view? I've always wanted to see this girl from below. I think that would be a cool view.

Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very nice indeed! can't wait to see the finished product!

--------------------
"I am an almost extinct breed, an old-fashioned gentleman, which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-bitch when it suits me." --Jubal Harshaw

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, that's a nice model job there, Mark!

I agree that the hull coloring needs to be lightened a bit -- at least, if you want it to match what we saw in "All Good Things..." But IMO it looks pretty darn cool the way it is! [Wink]

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very, very nice one!

Perhaps the lifeboats are a little too extruded, though?

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Wee Bairns
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glad to see someone finally working on a decent mesh of the Olympic/Hope class.
Out of curiosity, how many decks are you supposing the ship has??

IP: Logged
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It looks like that ship has about 25.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can we see a "sphere" separation pic please!?! I'm sure it has the 'mechanisms' for it - there is that connection between the primary and secondary hulls that looks like it could support a docking/undocking.

--------------------

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

That is one of my favourite designs... It just has EVERYTHING right about it.

--------------------

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's awesome that the creators would go all out in designing new ship for one episode of TNG, knowing it would probably never be used again (and it wasn't). Granted it was the series finale. But even Voyager with it's CGI didn't manage that. But I guess Voyager did give us the Prommie and Nova Classes which were also essentially one ep ships. So I guess my irritation is abated...

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

The Red Admiral
Admiral on Deck....
Member # 602

- posted      Profile for The Red Admiral     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Many thanks, glad you like the model so far. Here's a couple of quickfire renders of a few amendments (still wip)..

The hull colour has been lightened a little, and perhaps I did extrude the lifeboats a bit too much, but it's too late now! And no ventral view for now, as I have yet to fully detail the underside.

I reckon there to be about 27-28 decks in the sphere alone (not all windowed), which is the same as the physical studio model, of which mine is a direct copy (as best as I could do it based on the photos).

A sphere separation shot? Hold on to your horses! Let's finish the model first.. [Cool]

-

-

--------------------
"To the Enterprise and the Stargazer. Old girlfriends we'll never meet again." - Scotty

Trekmania -My Comprehensive Trek Resource

The ASDB

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
It's awesome that the creators would go all out in designing new ship for one episode of TNG, knowing it would probably never be used again (and it wasn't).
IIRC, the model wasn't built for the episode at all. I was made by someone (Greg Jein?) in his/her spare time. Just a geeky hobbyist making a 'modern Daedalus'. But when they needed a ship for AGT, somehow that model was chosen.

The correct story is in the Continuing Mission, I think...

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Phoenix
Member # 966

- posted      Profile for Phoenix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great name. [Smile]
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps