Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Olympic Class (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Olympic Class
The Red Admiral
Admiral on Deck....
Member # 602

- posted      Profile for The Red Admiral     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fugly doesn't come close to describing that atrocity. It is the only ship actually detest. I have a model of the Medusa, and some call that a monstosity. No, my next project is to rebuild Nebula Class (again). I Never did get that one nailed down to my satisfaction. The saucer's done.

Andrew: yes I'd gratefully accept any further pics you have of the Pasteur... cheers

--------------------
"To the Enterprise and the Stargazer. Old girlfriends we'll never meet again." - Scotty

Trekmania -My Comprehensive Trek Resource

The ASDB

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Reverend: Believe it if you can, all decals are modelled! right down to the Starfleet Medical logo. It was easier in this instance to get a finer precision in matching it to the physical model. Mapping images across a sphere isn't the simplest thing, besides, drawing the logo for instance in Photoshop would've been my idea of a nightmare. I see that some of the windows appear to be close to the edge in places but the shadow along the rather severe smoothing angle makes it deceptive.
Oh I believe it alright. I can tell that those are not image maps, the edges are too sharp and there's no stretch distortion.
You've done a fine job with the logo, but if you did want one drawn then you only needed to ask. [Wink] I've had it on my 'shelf' for years.
I understand that Photoshop's vector suit is a little less user friendly that PSP's but I can't see how you'd have any difficulty drawing it I've you've already managed to model it. It's just points and vertices.

The Olympic is definatly ugly but at least it has character, something that cannot be said for most other fan designs. Besides, I like ugly looking ships. [Wink]

As for the Elkins...I'd rather just ignore this one altogether or squint really hard and pretend that it's really Sternbach's proto-Voyager.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

The Red Admiral
Admiral on Deck....
Member # 602

- posted      Profile for The Red Admiral     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What vector suit in Photoshop...? it must be a separate plugin, or are you talking about Adobe Illustrator? Either way, Photoshop is about as useful at Paint - you're basically limited to freehand design. (anyway, it's tailored for the manipulation of existing images, not their creation). I wonder if PSP available on Kazaa..

--------------------
"To the Enterprise and the Stargazer. Old girlfriends we'll never meet again." - Scotty

Trekmania -My Comprehensive Trek Resource

The ASDB

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You can create paths in Photoshop. It's just not as felxible as Illustrator.

I actually like the Olympic. It's definitely a Starfleet design but something different than what we'd seen before. I always thought it was very cool.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Axeman 3D
Member # 1050

- posted      Profile for Axeman 3D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I stand by my first assessment, fugly ship but well suited for it's purpose. It looks like an early TNG ship with a chromosome missing, if you know what I mean. The Elkins looks ok from a distance, I like the look of it from above and from certain side angles, but Jesus it's ugly looking close up and any view that shows the underside. It's kinda like a huge Voyager 'speedboat' shuttle when viewed from above, but like a collision from below.

--------------------
www.kennyscrap.com - where I download crap I make.

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps