Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » USS Excalibur bridge plan (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: USS Excalibur bridge plan
Kazeite
Member # 970

- posted      Profile for Kazeite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As requested in another thread [Smile]

-

--------------------
"Do I remember about my amnesia?"

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is based on the covers of the novels, right? I love the layout.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What's that forward station?

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

japol
Member # 1149

- posted      Profile for japol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah... what is that? Enterprise-C had it too. Never made any sense to me. No seat and the conn and ops are already taken care of. Someone goes up front to use it and the captain starts yelling, "Down in front!"

--------------------
I slit the sheet, the sheet I slit, and on the slitted sheet I sit.

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's a playstation / game cube / dvd player. The viewscreen provides excellent game play for the night shift.
Kazeite
Member # 970

- posted      Profile for Kazeite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you for feedback.

Well, this bridge wasn't based on covers of the novels. I mean, the are nice, but besides familiar horseshoe structure one couldn't see much of the bridge layout.

This bridge is based on layout shown in "Double Time" New Frontier comic book. What I could gather from two screenshots I found it's basically cross between Ambassador and Galaxy bridges.

And yes, that forward console is definetly there and no, I have no idea what does it do either. [Smile]

(And look what I found now trying to find those caps again...)

--------------------

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's what he was using for his portfolio?!?
It's not bad, exactly......just really heavy with the black lines and it looks like he made it in MS Paint.
Not bad if it's just initial concept art.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Scan from "Hard Time" comic book, courtesy of Sci-Fi Meshes.com

The doors are off, according to this. The aft starboard door goes to the conference room, and the fore starboard is the other turbo. Also, the doors themselves are pretty much where they were on the E-C set, with the additional two taking the place of wall panels aft. Compare this to the E-C bridge iso, HERE.

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Kazeite
Member # 970

Whoa...

Thanks for this picture, Mark. I'll get to updating right away [Smile]

--------------------

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The forward console of the E-C could easily be the helm, complete with one or two seats for the helmsman and the navigator. The way the bridge is trashed by the Romulans, a chair or two could easily go missing...

The two seat/console combos further back but still forward of the command chair could be Ops and Tactical, assuming those positions exist in the E-C era (we don't really hear of Ops in "Y's E", now do we?). After the forward console is blasted to hell, the crew simply reroutes Helm to one of those two consoles.

Timo Saloniemi

Captain Boh
Member # 1282

- posted      Profile for Captain Boh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did the Enterprise-B not have Ops?
Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not mentioned in the script. We know helm is where Sulu was sitting, and the script puts the navigator ("we're the only ship in range") as the person at the other one. The aft console could be anything but is only mentioned in ths script as a transporter console. Unlikely that that is the console's only function, as it would not likely be placed there for a view of the window.

The "Y's E" script reads, "Parker, you've got ops. Fredricks, you take the conn". Yar then chimes in and says she'll handle tactical, and then sits at the left console. We don't know who (if anyone) sat at the other, as it was off-camera. However, during the earlier attack Castillo initiates evasive maneuvers from the starboard console, so...

Mark

[ May 13, 2004, 01:04 PM: Message edited by: Mark Nguyen ]

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Kazeite
Member # 970

U.S.S. Excalibur bridge, take two [Smile]

-

(Now compare that with "Double Time" layout... I definetly see differences here.

Anyway, since I think that scribbling on "Hard Time" layout states that ready room and observation lounge are supposed to be taken from Ent-E, I went ahead and added them as well.

What do you think?

--------------------

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

Is 13 the ready room? It looks too big.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

MarianLH
Member # 1102

- posted      Profile for MarianLH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Where's the head?

[Smile]
Marian

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps