Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » USS Excalibur bridge plan (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: USS Excalibur bridge plan
Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, the port door once led to a turbolift, which was then replaced with a Jeffries Tube junction. The starboard door was never used at all, but since the port door was once a lift, I assume they intended the starboard door for a lift as well. I don't think any set extension was made behind those doors and I don't think they were ever relabeled when the port lift became a Jeffries Tube junction. I'd like to think they would have kept the starboard door leading to a lift since it would still provided direct access to and from other decks on a normal basis.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sure that the starboard door has been seen as a lift, especially after the portside one was coverted to the tube set. People often just walk around the corner to enter the set, but I'm positive we've seen the other door as a lift.

Since we're in "New Frontier" bridge territory, I'm wondering if anyone has read the stories featuring the fanboy spoogefest Excalibur-A? All I've heard of her is that she would have been considered a "hot rod" version of a Galaxy-class ship. Have any details of the bridge ever been described in books?

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No details except warp capablilty for the saucer (I think that's NF, anyway!).

Some hotrod: from all the illustrations I've seen, the ship doesnt even have the nacelle phaser pods (like the Venture does).

Unfortunately, "fanboy spoogefest" sums up the series.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mark Nguyen:
Have any details of the bridge ever been described in books?

i've not read the bulk of the series since then, but i always imagined the layout being like a cherry GCS, E-D bridge, although with the extra Generations stations, but styled as a Sovereign or other post TNG bridge.. maybe i should do up specs to test style schemes ....
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The computer is now sentient. Specifically, Robin Lefler's immortal mother has been fused to the computer. Sorta like what Graves did only with an "Andromeda" twist.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

capped
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
and for those that haven't shit themselves yet, make note that Lefler's mother was Pike's first officer on the Enterprise, known mysteriously only as 'Number One'

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

MarianLH
Member # 1102

- posted      Profile for MarianLH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Originally posted by MirrorCaptainMike:
quote:
and for those that haven't shit themselves yet, make note that Lefler's mother was Pike's first officer on the Enterprise, known mysteriously only as 'Number One'
Maybe I should read one of these before the next time I reread Strangers From The Sky. You know, just for contrast.

[Smile]
Marian

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Spoogefest, indeed.

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

capped
Member # 709

sovereignized for the 2370s.. this ain't your father's GCS..  -

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Captain Boh
Member # 1282

- posted      Profile for Captain Boh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sovy style Helm/Ops consoles would be a good adition aswell, they would match the shape of the consoles on the Generations section
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Agreed. Even though I don't really care for the Sovvie's forward consoles. Nice color scheme though.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
The aft console could be anything but is only mentioned in ths script as a transporter console.
One bit of that console is dedicated to the shield systems.

BTW: Did anyone else notice the model of the "B5: Crusade" Excalibur in the Excalibur's observation lounge?

--------------------
"Never give up. And never, under any circumstances, no matter what - never face the facts." - Ruth Gordon

Russell Christiansen
Member # 1333

- posted      Profile for Russell Christiansen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like the bridge as is.

BTW, those Generations section consoles don't really look like the way they do in the picture. Often, Fact Files and Star Trek: The Magazine usually gets a few details wrong, and it is not totally accurate. Sean Robertson never uses them for reference due to this.

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you mean the displays or the ops/conn stations? Tell me what exactly you find wrong in the Generations bridge drawing. I already know there should be handbars that flank all the doors, but what else?

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

Captain Serek
Member # 1038

- posted      Profile for Captain Serek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was looking closley at the "Sovereignized" picture closely and all that was done was a differeent color scheme on the carpet and consoles, no actual rearrangement or addition or subraction of details.
While I agree the Fact Files/Magazine is not 100% accurate, it is at least the best guide one has until someone else creates better, more accurate diagrams. At least all of the vidcaps can at least see parts of where a certain console or chair is, the diagrams give an overall view to give where things are in relation to one another. Just me batherling. [Eek!]

--------------------
I've come a long way for the power of Genesis, and what do I find? A Square Pegs reject, another actress playing Saavik, and Leonard Nimoy's stand-in.

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps