Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » ENT: Iceland-class revised (Page 1)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: ENT: Iceland-class revised
Irishman
Member # 1188

- posted      Profile for Irishman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've spent some time and attention reworking the flying wing/challenger-class/iceland-class from Enterprise. I think I've got it VERY close this time. I wanted to show you what I've finished, with the realizationthat I still have a ventral view to do, and coloring to do.

What do you think? Be critical.

http://img27.photobucket.com/albums/v81/Irishman/FW-WIP.jpg

--------------------
This is just fun...it's not life...keep this in mind and we'll all enjoy it much more

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very, very nice! [Eek!]

Not sure your fore view of the bridge matches your elevation view, though. And, also in the elevation view, it looks like you have an over-extended line near the afte end of the nacelle.

-MMoM [Big Grin]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Manticore
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Manticore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why are the bussards blue...?

--------------------
Fell deeds await. Now for Wrath... Now for Ruin... and a Red Dawn...
-Theoden, TTT

Lord Vorkosigan does not always get what he wants!

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, drool! I love it.

The only crit I have is about the name: Technically, it should be the Iceland-type (assuming the Iceland is even the name of the ship, which it isn't necessarily). The class would be NV-Class or whatever the letters are in the registry, according to the Earth Starfleet's registry system.

But that's a really awesome set of orthos. Deckplans! Deckplans!

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very, very nice! But could you do a version of the site view with the starboard nacelle where it's supposed to be? That would be very useful for reference charts! [Cool]

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Irishman
Member # 1188

- posted      Profile for Irishman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Guys,

I've modified the orthos, taking into account your comments. The bridge module on the fore view should now parallel that of the side view. I fixed the nacelle outline glitch as well. I added another side view that shows the starboard nacelle in place.

The nacelle end caps, both fore and aft, glow blue in the show, so that's why I used it. I don't know if they're supposed to be bussard ramscoops or not. I'm just drawing it as I sees it. It is possible that, in the visible absence of a navigational deflector on the front of the ship. that there are actually two navigational deflectors, one on the front end of each nacelle.

I realize we don't know the names of any of these ships, much less the class-ship. Yet, people usually either refer to it as one of the three names, so that's why I used those names.

http://img27.photobucket.com/albums/v81/Irishman/FW-WIP2.jpg

--------------------
This is just fun...it's not life...keep this in mind and we'll all enjoy it much more

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"The nacelle end caps, both fore and aft, glow blue in the show..."

Uh, they do?

--------------------
".mirrorS arE morE fuN thaN televisioN" - TEH PNIK FLAMIGNO

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Odd. I remembered blue, too. At least you've got the end caps right [Smile]

Absolutely rockin' man.

Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow. How come I dont even remember this ship?

I saw the episode, i just dont remember seeing it.

Mabye I was drunk.

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Aban Rune:
Oh, drool! I love it.

The only crit I have is about the name: Technically, it should be the Iceland-type (assuming the Iceland is even the name of the ship, which it isn't necessarily). The class would be NV-Class or whatever the letters are in the registry, according to the Earth Starfleet's registry system.

But that's a really awesome set of orthos. Deckplans! Deckplans!

To coin a phrase: "LOL." [Razz]

The Iceland-class moniker is simply a joke which originated on this board, referring to the fact that the design looked to some like an abbreviated Norway-class. It seems to have caught on like Mark's Shelley-class designation for the Curry.

-MMoM [Big Grin]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Irishman
Member # 1188

By the way, I know the Iceland is grey, but can anyone see in there a tinge of another color in the hull that they feel needs to be represented in my orthos?

--------------------

Manticore
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Manticore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Mighty Monkey of Mim:
To coin a phrase: "LOL." [Razz]

The Iceland-class moniker is simply a joke which originated on this board, referring to the fact that the design looked to some like an abbreviated Norway-class. It seems to have caught on like Mark's Shelley-class designation for the Curry.

-MMoM [Big Grin]

Which I never understood--I don't see any Norway in there... [Confused]

--------------------
-Theoden, TTT

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

It took me some figuring out as well...but I now see what they were talking about. It does look somewhat like a Norway saucer with the nacelles and pylons brought forward.

--------------------

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

MMoM: I remember that you made it up, and I'm fine with the designation. I think it's a cool name for the ship. Which really irritates me, because whoever's in charge of designing these ships should've given them names and registries. I don't understand why that was so hard to do.

"OK... the Enterprise is NX Class... Let's make this one NU-Class in case we want to show the Enterprise's immediate predecessor someday. Oh, and let's actually name the ship while we're at it." Boom. Done. Not hard at all.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Manticore
Member # 1227

Oh, I'm sure that there's a name used somewhere by the production staff. Maybe the "Piece of Flying sh*t?" [Wink]

--------------------
-Theoden, TTT

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps