Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » USS Enterprise NCC-1701-A (omg! Wes takes on TOS-Movie Era!) (Page 3)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: USS Enterprise NCC-1701-A (omg! Wes takes on TOS-Movie Era!)
MarianLH
Member # 1102

- posted      Profile for MarianLH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Originally posted by Treknophyle:
quote:
Pay no attention to the unbelievers!
The 1701-A shall always be the fairest of maindens.

I fell in love with her at a premiere of ST:TMP on the big screen - during the drydock tour.

Um...the ship in TMP wasn't the 1701-A. [Smile] You meant the refit Constitution, right?

As for finishing the model, a clear satin coat, or even gloss, should help with getting the plearly gleam effect. I've got that old FSM article on correcting the AMT Enterprise, which included the aztec masks and painting tips. I'll dig it up and say what it says.

Marian

Marauth
Member # 1320

- posted      Profile for Marauth     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Constitution Refit? Oh you mean the Enterprise class, right I see...

--------------------
Garbled, confusing and quite frankly duller than an inflight magazine produced by Air Belgium.

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw the NX-01 at a hobby store the other day. It's friggin' enormous. And it was going for $50. I waited for another day, but I oh so want it.

I'll have to take a trip to Walmart today and see if I can find the TOS kit.

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here we go with another one and the whole Enterprise class mess.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

Captain Boh
Member # 1282

- posted      Profile for Captain Boh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Enterprise Class or not, its a refit of the Constitution so Constitution Refit is a valid designation weather or not the class is called that [Wink]
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought the scratchbuilt Ent A was the ship that is supposedly Enterprise Class, not the refit Connie.
Captain Boh
Member # 1282

- posted      Profile for Captain Boh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ironicly, the movies seem to present it the other way around
Marauth
Member # 1320

- posted      Profile for Marauth     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not to mention the argument over wether the Ent-A was scratchbuilt or not, which I doubt it was as they wouldn't decomission a 7 year old ship even if the crew were retiring...

The Refit Enterprise is supposedly Enterprise class as this can be seen on a turbolift or some other piece of scenery in TWOK (? - correct me if I'm wrong not sure on the film) while in STVI (?) Scotty can be seen reading a set of blueprints of the Ent-A that refer to it as a Constitution-Refit. This change probably has something to do with Okuda as he seems to have made it 'official' that it's the Constitution-Refit. Either name is fine with me though.

--------------------
Garbled, confusing and quite frankly duller than an inflight magazine produced by Air Belgium.

Captain Boh
Member # 1282

Perhaps Enterprise Class refers to the version of the Refit that the Enterprise 1701 was, as the 1701-A seems to be almost compleatly different inside, while Constitution Refit simlpy refurs to any ship with that exterior
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Or, instead of discussing this, we could hit ourselves in the face with hammers!

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The simulator in TWOK had a plaque indicating it as an Enterprise-class simulator.
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

Liam: Agreed. I choose sledge.
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Topher:
The simulator in TWOK had a plaque indicating it as an Enterprise-class simulator.

Or it indicated that the room was for the use of the class assigned to the Enterprise, and I can't believe I'm doing this again.

*Hits self in face with hammer*

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Captain Boh
Member # 1282

Seeing as nearly all the bridges at that point were near identical
MarianLH
Member # 1102

- posted      Profile for MarianLH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Originally posted by PsyLiam:
quote:
*Hits self in face with hammer*
I grovel and beg your forgiveness. I didn't mean to open this can of worms.

Marian

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps