Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » TOS Bridges ... (build your ...) (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: TOS Bridges ... (build your ...)
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Siggy pointed out this totally cool website which allows you to construct your own TOS-era bridge using modular components. So, let's all build, shall we? Here's one of my newer ones:

-

Clockwise from the viewscreen:

Engineering Duty Station; Sciences; Communications; Turbolift A; Ship MSD with vital system screens; conference room; Weapons & Defense; Ship Operations; Auxillary Systems; Turbolift B; Captain's Ready Room.

The entire command platform is raised - rather then recessed - on this ship.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Duh - forgot the link to the bridge builder:

http://www-rnks.informatik.tu-cottbus.de/~tweimann/tmp/bridge-blueprints%20updated/constitution%20class%20bridge%20creator%20-%20wip2.swf

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Two I doodled with: here and here.

They don't... make a whole lot of technical sense - but when these sorts of programs with limited features come along - I like to try and push them! [Big Grin] I mean don't ask ME where they are supposed to look on the second bridge... they can look at their instruments! [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, and I'd like to see a bridge builder with different eras and the ability to mix different eras.

--------------------

Captain Serek
Member # 1038

- posted      Profile for Captain Serek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Surprisingly, Cmdr tw is going to do that later on after he is done with a few projects that he has going.

--------------------
I've come a long way for the power of Genesis, and what do I find? A Square Pegs reject, another actress playing Saavik, and Leonard Nimoy's stand-in.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

Oh and one more I just did. The centre area is raised. Oh and forward is up. Here.

--------------------

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

And ONE more... an observation lounge/deck/lookout. Those are windows on the right. [Smile] Maybe the bridge on the Astral Queen or whatever that cruise liner was in "The Conscience of the King".

Look here.

--------------------

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Serek:
Surprisingly, Cmdr tw is going to do that later on after he is done with a few projects that he has going.

It ought to be pretty easy to do convert his existing program to do movie-style bridges from The Final Frontier and The Undiscovered Country. All he'd need to do is add the support structs that separate the stations, swap out the helm/navigation and command chair components, and add an additional station that has the leg on it for science and communications. Getting ones for the latter eras will probably be more difficult since those bridges aren't based on concentric circles.

-
So there's the one that I saved when I first started playing with his bridge constructor. Starting from top dead-center and rotating clockwise, there's the turbolift, sensor analysis, science, small briefing room, mission operations, data scan viewer, main viewer, sector scan viewer, communications, crew head, engineering, and environmental control. In the center are the standard helm and navigation stations along with the command chair. I figured this would be a bridge on a small science vessel (hence the Andromeda-style viewers to display sensor data and analysis processes).

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

Yes the concentric circle thing is the tricky bit - but I'm sure it could work... somehow - or even leave the concentric circles just have more varied 'furniature'. Some of the TNG vessels were TMP movie bridges but with modern touches. Even the most advanced (discounting time travel) ships we have seen - the Prometheus had a circular design.

--------------------

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

OK one more.

-

--------------------

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

OK to explain the one above. It's a TOS'd E-D bridge... sort of.

The aft egress leads to deck 2 and an obs deck/briefing room. Science I, Tactical, Environment and Engineering at the back. Various things along the sides with standing crewmen. Weapons and Ops at front right and left of the viewscreen. Captain's ready room bottom right. The middle is still Captain's chair, helm and navigation. Can't change the middle chairs. The captain's chair, helm and navigation are sunken - so the railing behind the captain is above him.

--------------------

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

-Ded Plaque goes in the Turbolift alcove.
-Aft stations on either side of the MSD are Engineering and Mission Ops.
-The space behind those stations leads off to other crew areas and an airlock.
-Continuing clockwise, the three stations there are Communications, Environment, and Aux Systems.
-The area behind those stations is the crew head.
-Two standing stations/displays are located on either side of the viewscreen
-The two large rooms on either side of the viewscreen are the Ready Room and conference lounge. The lounge has access to the egress ladder and computer/viewscreen systems.
-The last two stations are tactical and sceince.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Yay, another one. This is just a small patrol ship's bridge. Starting at center right and going clockwise: briefing room, communications, engineering, environmental systems, turbolift, auxiliary systems, main viewer, door to service space, wall plug, turbolift, tactical, and science. In the middle are the usual stations.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm addicted to this thing:

-

-The room at center aft is a conference room/obs. lounge flanked by two standing stations
-Going clockwise is the turbolift and two stations for Engineering and Environmental.
-After that is a small corridor leading off the bridge. The door on the right is the ready room whose borders extend out past the bridge hull.
-On the other side of the viewscreen is the crew's head and another corridor leading aft of the bridge.
-The single stations behind the forward rooms are Mission ops and Science.
-The starboard stations are Tactical and Communications.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Kazeite
Member # 970

- posted      Profile for Kazeite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Quick, I'll draw his attention, and you take this bridge creator away from him [Wink]

--------------------
"Do I remember about my amnesia?"

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps