Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Starship Exeter Back Again (Page 2)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Starship Exeter Back Again
Zefram
Member # 1568

- posted      Profile for Zefram     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Weren't Starfleet away teams equipped with coats in both Star Trek II and Star Trek III?

You'd think that with the most advanced sensors the 24th century could produce, they'd be able to figure out the weather over the area they were about to transport into and dress accordingly. They could have a closet or something in the transporter room itself and the computer could make recomendations as to appropriate gear and clothing. Why gather up equipment before heading to the transporter room? Come in your uniform and grab your tricorder, coat, parka, environmental suit, etc. from the locker just before you beam out.

--------------------
"Having is not so pleasing a thing, after all, as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true."

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The XO is supposed to have an accent? I thought that was a speech impediment...
Captain Boh
Member # 1282

- posted      Profile for Captain Boh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actors tend to cost money. They may not have access to many people who both have the free time to give AND the talent.

As for clothes, perhaps in the future the clothes they have are good enough. Plus extra costumes cost money too. [Big Grin]

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've had a bit of experience in no/low-budget films. Actors often work for free for the sake of gettting a credit.

--------------------
When you're in the Sol system, come visit the Starfleet Museum

HerbShrump
Member # 1230

- posted      Profile for HerbShrump     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There was rain in The Cage?

Oh, wait, you mean the jackets... never mind.

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't get me wrong... if I was doing a fan production, I'd cast myself as the captain too... and I'd all sorts of suck. I think anyone who's willing to put the time and cash into something that, overall, came out as good as this did deserves high geek honors. There are just some improvements I'd make were it me.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Man, if they just went with a diffrent crew/ship and explained why in fuck everyone is so young it would not be so....distracting.

You'd also think they would offer parts to aspiring actors instead of aspiring fans.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Captain Boh
Member # 1282

- posted      Profile for Captain Boh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Will actors take a Trek fanfilm seriously? I somehow doubt it. I personally have never found these free actors everyone is talking about, but then Vancouver probably isn't the best place to look for people who can't get some kind of paid acting work...
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm talking "local theatre" types here- people who might want to get a bit of experience.....

Anything except for producers who are obviously eager just to be there.
Their expressions practically scream "Holy shit: I'm really on Star Trek!

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Captain Boh
Member # 1282

I'm quite aware of what you mean. But people who want to get experience may not want a "goofy fan film" to haunt them later.
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Let's just hope that a fan Klingon film is never made. I don't think I've EVER seen a decent fan costume of a Klingon. And then they start shouting crap out from all the non-canon stuff.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Plus....Klingons are often (outside of DS9) cringworthy to watch even on the real trek.

Boh, we rarely (if ever) see an actor's humble begnings so I dont think a fan-film would do any real harm.
Besides, the local theatre types are not always looking to be movie stars- some really just like acting.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Captain Boh
Member # 1282

Well, like I said, I'm in Vancouver. Could all be upside-down here with the kids getting their first jobs early for toy commercials and stuff.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Mabye they could get someone with really bad asthma to be Kirk:
"Spock....we have....to get...(inhaler)...out of here!"

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

WizArtist II
"How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock? "
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wait till the Binary's fan club starts their film

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps