Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Starship Exeter Back Again (Page 3)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Starship Exeter Back Again
Teh PW
Self Impossed Exile (This Space for rent)
Member # 1203

- posted      Profile for Teh PW         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:
Mabye they could get someone with really bad asthma to be Kirk:
"Spock....we have....to get...(inhaler)...out of here!"

[Big Grin]
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I mentioned Star Wars fan films above. I was just thinking to myself... what other 'cultish' TV shows or movies have spawned their own fan films (of decent quality)?

I'm sure a Lord of the Rings minifilm based on PJ's look for the Trilogy would look cool.

Stargate - now that could be cool - you have SO many places to play in, in the Stargate universe.

B5? Buffy? Walker, Texas Ranger? [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd be in a Stargate FanFlick. That'd be pretty cool. It wouldn't even be all that hard to get accurate costumes. Just order from a surplus catalog. They sell patches for the units on-line.

I wanna be a Go'auld. I could probably make a ribbon device if I put enough time into it...

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You just want to make you eyes glow. (You know, that'd be kinda useful at times...)

B.J.

Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Like in a powercut.

--------------------
"I am an almost extinct breed, an old-fashioned gentleman, which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-bitch when it suits me." --Jubal Harshaw

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Aban Rune:
I'd be in a Stargate FanFlick. That'd be pretty cool. It wouldn't even be all that hard to get accurate costumes. Just order from a surplus catalog. They sell patches for the units on-line.

I wanna be a Go'auld. I could probably make a ribbon device if I put enough time into it...

I'd do one too! I wanna Zat! [Smile]

I wonder if we could rope in Vanessa Angel to reprise her Tok'Ra role? [Smile]

--------------------

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mmmm... if we could, I have a fair idea of what kind of story I'd write. It would almost certainly invole a torrid love affair between her and my Go'auld character.

I've trying to figure out, off an on, how to build a staff weapon prop that would actually hold up to mild use. The staff portion could be made easily enough from PVC pipe, but I'm not quite sure how I'd affix the bulbous butt end or the head piece...

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Duc[t|k] tape.
WizArtist II
"How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock? "
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AndrewR:

I'm sure a Lord of the Rings minifilm based on PJ's look for the Trilogy would look cool.

Late night cable.... "Lord of the G-strings"

SERIOUSLY...I bet Jason heard of it.

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

WizArtist II
"How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock? "
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

I've trying to figure out, off an on, how to build a staff weapon prop that would actually hold up to mild use. The staff portion could be made easily enough from PVC pipe, but I'm not quite sure how I'd affix the bulbous butt end or the head piece...

I'd start with a wooden dowel similar to the ones used in closets. It would be heftier and you can always use gorilla snot to add other pieces

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

Would you have the end pop-open?

--------------------

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

No. I'm not good enough to do anything moving. Realistically, the best I could probably hope for is a PVC or wodden dowel with carved styrofoam (or similarly carvable material) details and paint. Wouldn't hold up to much use, but it might look groovy hanging on a wall. I'll get to it in my free time.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

Wee Bairns
Member # 1324

- posted      Profile for Wee Bairns     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I really like the visuals, if not the acting. The wreckage of the Kongo and the Cage bridge shot were well done, as was the TOS-looking orbit shot.
The beam-in was effectively done, too.

--------------------
Visit the Clive Cussler Forum at http://clivecusslerforum.com/

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

Yah, the beam-in was good. The focus shift from the befuzzled captain and landing party to the wreck of the Kongo in front of them was good too. What's odd is that probably every special effect in that production is better than on the original series.

But then I see Garrovick's man-boobs jiggling and my suspension of disbelief is shattered.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

quote:

But then I see Garrovick's man-boobs jiggling and my suspension of disbelief is shattered.

He's just staying true to Shatner [Smile]

--------------------

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps