Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Original Series (Page 1)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Original Series
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know, I've encountered on these boards (on a few different occasions), instances where people have spoken of their own "Trek Series" ... most focusing on the aftermath of the Dominion War.

I wanted to compare notes.

My series is called "Gamma Quadrant." I've written eight episodes (including a 2-part "Series Premiere" and will be at work on the 2-part "Season Finale" when I get back to writing).

The end of the Dominion War has decimated the Federation. Enrollment is well down, and the majority of the Fleet's resources are being spent repairing the thousands of damaged ships.

Odo, in charge of the Dominion, has proposed an offer to help reduce tensions. The Dominion will allow restricted access to Dominion space by ships from the 3 major participants of the Dominion War: that is, the Federation, Klingons, and Romulans.

Cpt. Connor Macy, an ex-special forces operative, has been chosen to command the USS TOKYO as one of 13 Federation starships being sent. Macy doesn't want to go -- his wife and daughter died during the Breen attack on San Fran, his eldest son is presumed to have died as a POW, and his youngest wants nothing to do with him.

His first officer, Melanie Kline, joined Starfleet to escape a troubled life, and found herself rising rapidly in rank during the war, from ensign to lt. commander in about 2 1/2 years ... and she's more than aware she's unqualified for the post, but there's no one else to do it.

Other crew members include Lt. Blair, a narcotic addict; Lt. Bach, an officer embittered over his lack of promotion during the war; an Andorian chief of security; and a Section 31 agent and the civilian Federal agent hunting him somewhere among the senior staff...

Plot Points:

In true DS9/VOY fashion, the pilot episodes features Deep Space Nine, as well as cameos by Quark and Col. Kira. (I wanted to add something about a possible re-assignment for the Defiant, but decided against it). Odo and Worf both make VERY BRIEF cameos in later eps, but don't interact with my characters)

The TOKYO itself is falling apart. Badly battered during the Battle For Cardassia, the ship was patched together at the drydock at OSLER II before being certified for duty, over the objections of the facility's CEO ... yes, thats, right, a conspiracy that'll come back later to haunt members of the crew later in the "season."

A modified version of Ketracel White which is addictive to humanoids, and was distributed by Dominion agents during the War. Despite the Alpha Quadrants best efforts, many are still addicted to this nightmare ... including members of the crew ...

The Gia'nt, a xenophobic species who have sporadicly combated the Dominion for the past few centuries. They're not a fan of the Alpha Quadrant species at all, and prove to be a dangerous enemy, utilizing fighter based attacks which force the Starfleet crew to adapt their tactical training ...

The "so called" True Dominion, a splinter group, who led by renegade Founders, believe that Odo is wrong, and the Alpha Quadrant must be defeated. They have enough forces to start another war if they wish, and also to aid the renegade commander of the Klingon forces in the Gamma Quadrant ... (a Klingon who wishes to overthrow Martok and destroy the Dominion, making this a truly Unholy Alliance, when you think about it...)

On a lighter note, we'll also see Outpost Sixteen, a joint Romulan/Klingon/Federation/Dominion facility at the mouth of the wormhole, where all sides struggle to work together after the horrors of the war.

As the TOKYO deals with whatever problems each particular episode deals her, we take periodic interludes to the Starship SEGUR, where Macy's love, Cpt. Michelle Dasz also does her best to present the best face of the Federation ...

That's about it!

Let's compare notes, fellas!

------------------
Jeff's Webcam
Gore/Lieberman 2000
"The Eiffel Tower ... the worlds' largest lightening rod!" MacLeod to Kalas before taking his head atop the Paris landmark

[This message has been edited by JeffKardde (edited October 18, 2000).]

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought'd I'd put in a list of the "Gamma Quad" episodes I've written, in case anyone is intereasted.

"A NEW BEGINNING" - The pilot episode. 8 months ago, the destructive war between the Alpha Quadrant and the Dominion came to an end. Now, in an attempt to further the bonds of trust, the Dominion is opening its borders to the races of the Alpha Quadrant. Capt. Connor Macy and a war-weary crew take command of the USS TOKYO and set out to explore the Gamma Quadrant ...

"THE COURIER" - The war may have ended, but there are some on both sides who are looking for it to continue. Capt. Macy and the crew must place their faith in a mysterious Starfleet agent to prevent another war.

"SLEEPY TOKYO" - Lt Commdr. Kline and Lt. Bach are participating in a holodeck version of an old movie, when a malfunction threatens not only their lives, but the lives of the entire crew ... ("Heads Will Roll!!!")

"PARADISE LOST" - The Tokyo is faced with a multi-prong attack when a landing party comes under attack, and the Gia'nt force a confrontation ...

"TRIBUNAL" - A young officer's shocking accusations coincide with a security investigation, and one of the senior staff finds themselves under fire from all sides as their career hangs in the balance ...

"INTERCEPTOR" - Cpt. Macy tries to keep his sanity when Adm Kvach transferes his command to the Tokyo. Meanwhile, a routine boarding of a civilian freighter turns deadly, and Kline's life hangs in the balance.

"OUTPOST SIXTEEN" - The Tokyo assists in the construction of a joint Fed/Klingon/Romulan/Dominion facility. Meanwhile, Macy learns that Federation President Molgarva will be touring the ship, and the crew tries to break in a new officer.

(These two next are the ones I'm currently working on...)

"UNTITLED PART ONE" - The Tokyo is "invaded" by a literal army of Federation Secret Service and security agents, securing the ship for Molgarva's visit. Among the dignitaries are the Andorian council member, and the respected Klingon General Kaznar. But murderous plots are underfoot, and the hunt for Section 31 agents blinds the crew to the real threat ...

"UNTITLED PART TWO" - Acting on information provided to him secretly, Macy steals a shuttle in a desperate attempt to locate his presumed dead son. Meanwhile, the crew is ripped apart by the Secret Service investigation ... and an assassin's shot threatens to destroy the fragile peace ...

------------------
Jeff's Webcam
Gore/Lieberman 2000
"The Eiffel Tower ... the worlds' largest lightening rod!" MacLeod to Kalas before taking his head atop the Paris landmark

Gaseous Anomaly
Member # 114

- posted      Profile for Gaseous Anomaly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very cool.
When are you going to let us see them?
And how long are they?
And how many more are you thinking of making?
And and and what colour shoes match asphalt the best??

------------------
Remember December '59
The howling wind and the driving rain,
Remember the gallant men who drowned
On the lifeboat, Mona was her name.

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This sounds like a very nice premise you have going. Can't wait for the stories. Ypu realize, though, that "Paradise Lost" and "Tribunal" were both titles of DS9 episodes. I don't guess it matters, I'm just saying...

------------------
"A gathering of Angels appeared above my head. They sang to me this song of hope, and this is what they said..." -Styx

Aban's Illustration www.thespeakeasy.com/alanfore

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

"Emissary" was the title of both a TNG and DS9 episode ...

------------------
Jeff's Webcam
Gore/Lieberman 2000

Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, DS9 was 'Emissary' and TNG was 'The Emissary'. They are very careful with not duplicating an already used episode name in whatever Star Trek series. Only 'First Contact' is an exact duplicate of a TNG epidode name.

------------------
Buffy: "See, this is a school. And we have students and they check out books and then they learn things."
Giles: "I was beginning to suspect that was a myth."
- Buffy: The Vampire Slayer

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What kind of ship is the Tokyo? I'm guessing Akira or Nebula (Old and dirty but packs a punch).

And why does everyone but the andorian have serious problems? Sounds like a bunch of reasons to form plots around, and a lot of kissing and making up.
Then again, suicide-attempts are pretty rare in Star Trek (I thought "Hard Time" was a very good ep) so that could work.

Not every week, though.

*Cpt. Macy enters bridge*
Cmdr. Kline: Good morning, Captain.
Macy: It's daddy, you shithead, and where's my bourbon??? There, now lemme see it!
Kline: Sir?
Macy: *points finger* Don't you fucking look at me. DON'T YOU FUCKING LOOK AT MEEE!! *slap*

------------------
So, how's that Survivor-contest coming along, Newt?
-Well not very well at the MOMENT, everyone seems to have died.
-Gee, that's bad. Those Aliens bugging you yet?
-Not really, they mostly come at night mostly...

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Actually, its a Pelileu-Class. Small, compact, not much more than a scout ...

Gosvar's got some anger-management issues ...

Ensign: Here's the security schedule, sir.
Gosvar: WHAT? I have to work Saturday? ::punch::

Well, not quite.

I'm writing this in the "Hill Street Blues" method. i.e.: kill regular characters on a regular basis.

------------------
Jeff's Webcam
Gore/Lieberman 2000

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't suppose there's a USS Hornblower anywhere in there?

------------------
love's function is to fabricate unknownnness
--
E. E. Cummings
Read chapter one of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet"! And party everyday.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Heh. I don't know about a ship called the Hornblower, but I think I have Macy bark at a crewman he calls "Hornblower" at some point. Not sure ...

------------------
Jeff's Webcam
Gore/Lieberman 2000
"You are SUCH a penis!" - Melissa Chambers

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Hmmmm ...

Does anyone know of a good "build your own website" site I could post these at?

I was thinking *maybe* Tripod.Com ...

------------------
Gore/Lieberman 2000
"You still don't understand, do you MacLeod? I am the End of Time!" - Kronos

"You're history!" - MacLeod
"I think anybody who doesn't think I'm smart enough to handle the job is underestimating." - George "Dubya" Bush

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you use Tripod, I'll rip your head off.

We'll talk...

------------------
"Omigod. Singing meat. This is altogether too much."

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Unlike Connor MacLeod, I rather *like* my head where it is, but thanks for the offer ...

------------------
Gore/Lieberman 2000
"You still don't understand, do you MacLeod? I am the End of Time!" - Kronos

"You're history!" - MacLeod
"I think anybody who doesn't think I'm smart enough to handle the job is underestimating." - George "Dubya" Bush

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hear Homestead has a good page builder.

------------------
Hunt: "You cheated!"
Rhade: "It's only cheating if you get caught."
-Andromeda, "Double Helix"

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I first stumbled across this board, one of the first things I noticed was that the member profiles do not give individual member email addresses.

What does this have to do with JeffKardde's post? Well, I also thought about posting my fanfic series info here, but the privacy issue, added to the fact that the info was just too big that I didn't want to be accused of "overcrowding" the board with this huge post, kind of held me back. I still think comparing notes is a great idea, but is there a more practical way of doing it? Say, by email instead of a BBS? I certainly don't have a problem giving out my own email address, and it's on Bernd's Wolf 359 page anyway.

------------------
Homer: "I'm not normally a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me, Superman!"

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps