Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Original Series (Page 3)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Original Series
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The ships? Hold on ... I don't have a drawing of the PELILEU-Class TOKYO ...

As for the other Federation starships in the Gamma Quadrant, they are (established in the first ep, class will be listed if I make reference to it, otherwise, they're up for grabs...)

Tokyo -- Pelileu-Class
Segur -- Sovereign-Class
Snowflake
Marc Denne -- Intrepid-Class
Selvistan
Mustone
Rushmore
Lyric
Chris Pike
Venezuela
Soasti
Charleston
Cambridge
Starseeker

As for a description of the TOKYO:

"Like a vulture, the TOKYO came about, her engines charged, her weapons ready. The TOKYO was a relatively small starship, a sleek saucer with a tiny subspace deflector mounted below, and warp engines sprouting directly off the sides of the saucer. She wasn't a ship that inspired fear, but she could fight, and had proven that time and time again during the War."

Hmmmm. Anyone wanna do a drawing?

_o_
[]==IIIIIIIIIII==[]
\_/

------------------
"When they come, kill them. We're not here to make friends." -- Connor

"But you're my friend." -- Duncan

"Count yourself lucky." -- Connor

Highlander: The Element of Fire

[This message has been edited by JeffKardde (edited November 13, 2000).]

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Damn. My drawing sucks.

------------------

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Star Trek -- Gamma Quadrant

"PRELUDE"

The wardroom on Deep Space Nine was crowded. At the table, the Female Founder, flanked by two Vorta and two Jem'Hadar soldiers, examined a printed document handed to her by one of the Vorta. Standing in front of the table, Admiral William Ross, flanked by Captain Sisko, and Admirals David Francis and Dennis Hong, observed.

Chancellor Martok and Romulan Grand Admiral B'ahtris stood towards the side. The senior staff of DS9 -- Commander Worf, Chief O'Brien, Ensign Nog, Dr. Bashir, Lt. Ezri Dax, Col. Kira Nerys and Constable Odo -- stood at the far side of the room. The captains of various Starfleet, Klingon, and Romulan ships waited on the other side. General Gossall of Andor, Gul Movar of the Free Cardassian movement, General Kaznar, and two other Romulan senators were crammed in somewhere as well.

The Female Founder took the ceremonial feathered pen and signed on the dotted line. She stood, handing the document to a Starfleet security ensign for safe keeping. "The war between the Dominion and the Federation Alliance ... is now over," she said.

"Four hundred years ago, a victorious general spoke the following words at the end of another costly war," Admiral Ross said. He had memorized the speech the nigh before. It had been a night without sleep -- knowing that the war was over had kept him up with great excitement. "'Today, the guns are silent. The great tragedy has ended, we have known the bitterness of defeat, and the exhultation of triumph. And from both we have learned that there can be no going back. We must move forward, to preserve in peace what we have won in war.'"

The Female Founder stood. A Starfleet security officer stepped behind her, ready to take her into custody. She walked out of the room, but stopped first next to Odo. "It's up to you now, Odo," she told him before departing.

The war was over.

Now, the hard job was beginning.

------------------

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Should ask Seanr to design the bridge...

------------------
I am going to buy Japanese cars from now on, because the auto workers got the day off to vote and the state went to Gore, so I want to see how many we can get unemployed.
From The Port Huron Times-Herald talk back section.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

LOL. Yep, he does good interior work, doesn't he? I'm going have to look and see if I've got a good description of the bridge ...

"Captain Macy sat in the command chair on the bridge. The layout of the bridge was set around the command chair. Freestanding Ops and Conn consoles (with their respective low-slung lounges, of course) were at the front of the bridge, with two freestanding (sans-lounges) to either side of the command chair: the Tactical/Security post, and a Ship's Ops station. Lining the rear of the bridge were stations for Damage Control, Mission Ops, Engineering, Medical, Enviormental, and Science, as well as a redundant Tactical."

I picture the TOKYO as still set up for constant participation in combat -- that explains two primary Operations stations, two Tactical posts, a dedicated Damage Control, and a dedicated medical station on the bridge. All would come in handy for the command staff to coordinate damage control, rescue teams, etc., as well as fight a battle.

------------------

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Hey -- anyone want to design the TOKYO?

------------------

[This message has been edited by JeffKardde (edited November 14, 2000).]

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Star Trek: Gamma Quadrant

RITTEN YOU ROCK!

[This message has been edited by JeffKardde (edited November 14, 2000).]

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Ok -- I have to go to my parent's house BECAUSE ...

I wrote the stories on my Mac, so I need my folks Mac to use to e-mail me the stories to my PC so I can translate them and get them out to Ritten (WHO DA MAN?). I'll try and do that tommorow, so hopefully "A New Beginning" will be up in a day or two!

Five cheers for Ritten!!!

------------------

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just have the Final Frontier font for proper viewing.

------------------
I am going to buy Japanese cars from now on, because the auto workers got the day off to vote and the state went to Gore, so I want to see how many we can get unemployed.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

I prefer "Courier" for the actual text of the story ...

I find most fan-fic easier to write that way.

The bitch it going to be taking out all the indents and stuff, and figuring out where the numerous "interludes" are supposed to go ... but, I shall persevere!

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant

Continuing to boldly go ...

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

Ok, Courier it is.

------------------

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

The first ep is up!!!! Who da man? Ritten da man!

Note: if you use AOL's browser, the text won't show up ... best to use Internet Explorer or another browser ...

Star Trek: GAMMA QUADRANT!

Added:

N/M that about AOL, its showing up now ... make sure to maximize your sceen so you won't have to scroll to the right ...

Who posts the first review?

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant

[This message has been edited by JeffKardde (edited November 17, 2000).]

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

I have it set up for 800*600 res viewed with Netscape, since I try to shy away from MS products. Let me take a look with IE.... yep, IE works okay. Too bad I don't have the AOL browser installed, I could format for that also....

------------------
**...****...**

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, I'm reading through your story. One thing is obvious: you have no clue about the metric system. "microcentimeters"?! You can have centimeters and micrometers but definately not microcentimeters.

------------------
Hunt: "You cheated!"
Rhade: "It's only cheating if you get caught."
-Andromeda, "Double Helix"

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Ack! Whooops ...

Nitpick #1 =)

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps