Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Original Series (Page 4)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Original Series
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Star Trek: GAMMA QUADRANT" Episode 003 "The Courier" (a mysterious Starfleet agent ... but does he want to prevent a war? Or start one?) will be up on December 1st. Episode 004 "Sleepy Tokyo" (holodeck malfunction + really big scary headless guy = lots of death) is scheduled to go up on Dec. 21st (altho it needs to be rewritten heavily).

Please feel free to post reviews =)

------------------
The Dominion has been defeated, but the hardest job will be building the peace ...

Join Cpt. Connor H. Macy and the crew of the USS Tokyo as they attempt to forge the bonds of trust ...

Star Trek Gamma Quadrant

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yay! The first review. Don't expect anything Ebert-esque, 'kay?

Okay, it was rather interesting. And long. Took me a while to read. But that's my fault, not yours. You did a good job of introducing the characters, but there wasn't much of a plotline after that. I know, the pilot has to introduce the characters, but I think some of the minor characters could have waited to later on. It kind of bogged down the story to have all the characters introduced at once. Once you got to the good stuff, it was rather interesting. The whole rogue Dominion thing is rather interesting. I hope that rest of the episodes are as interesting. Keep up the good work!

Rating:

------------------
Hunt: "You cheated!"
Rhade: "It's only cheating if you get caught."
-Andromeda, "Double Helix"

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yay! I love positive reviews!

You're right, it *is* long -- about 80 pages printed (single spaced). I tried to frame it around DS9's pilot: the first half (teaser & four acts) set up the characters and situation, while the second half (four acts) goes into the action part ... (of course, this *is* the pilot -- most episodes will only be a teaser and four acts).

Anyone else? Want to review? Don't worry, I won't bite.

It's Right Here...

[This message has been edited by JeffKardde (edited November 20, 2000).]

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Episode #2 is posted, "THE COURIER" --

I love feedback, so please send some my way. =)

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Rated 7 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Feedback..... Is that something like vomit? Regurgitated words????

------------------
Well, it's done, yes, the deed is done.

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Review for "The Courier" [GQ]:

Plot is getting better, more character interaction. There now seems to be a purpose for this show. Deceit seems to be a normal in the GQ.

I give this episode 8 out of 10 smilies

------------------
Hunt: "You cheated!"
Rhade: "It's only cheating if you get caught."
-Andromeda, "Double Helix"

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

Oh, by the way, Jeff, I can do a little HTML work on the pages to spruce it up a bit and make it a little more interesting

------------------
ayr.virtualave.net
"C'est la nuit blanche/let's go out all night"
-11:30, La Nuit Blanche

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I asked, he said he doesn't want to detract from the story with flash and graphics.

------------------

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

I don't do flash and graphics. Just a little bit here and there to make it more interesting. You'd be amazed at what some coloured text and coloured tables can do to a page.

------------------
ayr.virtualave.net

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

I know, I do some web design myself, on occasion, but Jeff, when asked, opted for plan pages, although I did take the liberty of keeping the ST:GC text the same as he sent to me.

------------------

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

Oh well.

------------------
ayr.virtualave.net

ImmortalBear
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You want a small ship for this story? If you want, I will email you the pics on this really cool ship from the Star Trek: Invasion game for the Playstation named the USS Typhon. The Typhon is the first Starfleet vessel that I have seen that was designed from the keel up as a fighter carrier. It carries 30 Valkyries, a new Starfleet one-man fighter. IMNSHO, I hope they use these fighters to replace Starfleet's aging fleet of Peregrine-class fighters. Did anyone else get the impression that they lost a lot of Peregrines during the Dominion War?

------------------
"I've seen more stable nuthouses. I bet Picard never has these problems."
-Mackenzie Calhoun
Captain USS Excalibur

IP: Logged
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Well, the TOKYO is supposed to be sort of a beat-up old scout that got the tar kicked out of her during the last days of the War, and hasn't been fully repaired ... and so it not much more than a rust trap ...

But, yes, I want a small ship. I think I say she's got a crew of just over a hundred or so at one point ... hmmmmm

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Average Rated 7.5 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux
Shop Smart -- Shop "S"-Mart

RAMA
Member # 380

- posted      Profile for RAMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here are my ideas if you want to compare notes as you say:

My favorite idea:
http://users2.cgiforme.com/trekpitch/messages/17.html
http://users2.cgiforme.com/trekpitch/messages/32.html
http://users2.cgiforme.com/trekpitch/messages/13.html
http://users2.cgiforme.com/trekpitch/messages/23.html

STX summary:
http://users2.cgiforme.com/trekpitch/messages/40.html

------------------
Recession repression regression
Shifts of scenery
And warning tremors of landslides
The sun comes down
The mountains move aside
Your kingdom slips out of your hands

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

Review for "Sleepy Tokyo" [GQ]

Interesting premise, sleepy story. A rampant hologram going around and killing people. Only this time, they're not just redshirts! This may have been more interesting if I had read the story/seen the movie.

I give this episode 5 out of 10 smilies

Review for "In Harm's Way" [GQ]

Well, it looks like we say goodbye as a Tokyo crewmember goes off to flight school. The Gi'ant seem to be rather confident in their little fighters, and with good reason as evidenced in this episode. Although it would seem from the descriptions of the fighters and their fighting style that the Tokyo would have been more damaged than it was.
Crewmember Arial Grass is finally getting back at Johann Bach, who apparently abused his rank and wooed her. He sounds like the Simon Sizer of the 24th century.

I give this episode 7 out of 10 smilies

------------------
Chickety china, the chinese chicken, you have?

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps