Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Original Series (Page 2)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Original Series
Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hell, I'll design and post the pages at my site, since business has been slow lately, and I only do web design when the time permits these days, or, if you design your own you can post them in a star trek directory on my site.

------------------
I see a red door and I want it painted black

[This message has been edited by Ritten (edited November 11, 2000).]

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ritten, you da' man!

The e-mail address is funny -- I've got "display primary e-mail" marked in my profile (at least, I thought I did)

Hell, I can be reached at:

[email protected]

or

[email protected]

Hell,

[email protected] too =)

------------------
Gore/Lieberman 2000
"You still don't understand, do you MacLeod? I am the End of Time!" - Kronos

"You're history!" - MacLeod
"I think anybody who doesn't think I'm smart enough to handle the job is underestimating." - George "Dubya" Bush

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just hate to see an interesting site ruined with pop ups and auto framing for their banner ads, it destroys a site quickly.

------------------
I see a red door and I want it painted black

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
An Excerpt: (just to get the drool started)

Star Trek - Gamma Quadrant

Ep 001/002 - A NEW BEGINNING

The computer files didn't say much. Ensign Gosvar had been a member of Commando Team IV, based off the SILVERMAN. Glinn Avek had been a member of Commando Team III. On Stardate 52714, both commando teams had attacked a Cardassian processing plant. A member of Command Team Three (which was made up of members of the Free Cardassian movement) turned out to be a double agent, and betrayed both commando teams. There had been only four survivors out of twenty -- Avek, Gosvar, and two other Starfleet officers. Macy studied the file as best as he could. The Cardassian turncoat's betrayal had also turned deadly for the SILVERMAN: two Cardassian warships had found the ship hiding close to a star and had attacked, destroying the ship. There had been no survivors, and a Klingon warship had rescued those left from the commando team.

Armed with this information, Macy walked down the corridor and stopped in front of a door. He pressed the buzzer, and a moment later the doors slid open. Gosvar stood there, and frowned at his captain. "How can I help you, sir?"

"Off the record," Macy said, holding up his hand. "Can I come in?"

Gosvar took a step back. "Of course, Captain."

Macy entered and glanced around. Gosvar's cabin was spartan -- and small. A tiny bedroom opened into a slightly larger living area. There were a few pieces of furniture, and some Andorian weaponry hanging from the walls, but Macy was struck by the bareness of it all.

"I noticed you and our Cardassian representative, Mr. Avek, have a history."

Gosvar's expression turned cold and uninviting. He remained silent. Macy swore to himself -- this wouldn't be easy. But then, why did this surprise him?

"Mr. Gosvar? Would you care to explain."

"It is private, sir," Gosvar said.

"If it affects the smooth operation of this ship, it isn't private. It becomes my business. Is there anything you want to tell me?"

Gosvar looked at Macy. "You said this was off the record."

"That's correct."

"Avek is trouble. I do not trust him -- and I suggest that you do not either. Or you'll find out how I learned not to trust him."

"Would you care to go into a bit more detail about that, Lieutenant?"

"Is that an order? You said this was off the record." Gosvar's tone turned defensive, and Macy realized he was treading on very dangerous ground.

Macy tried one last plea. "It is, Lieutenant. For now."

"Until you order me too, Captain -- I will say nothing further on this subject."

"Then understand me, Lieutenant. You had better make sure there are no 'incidents' betweem the two of you --got me?"

"Is that on the record?" Gosvar came close to snarling.

"Yes, that is."

Gosvar snapped to attention and tossed off a salute. "In that case, yes, sir!"

=========

The Free Cardassians are based on the Free French, who rejected Vichy France and fought with the Allies despite having their homeland occupied by the enemy. The Free Cardassians were military officers and enlisted who were loyal to the civillian government, and helped evacuate several high ranking members of that government before the Dominion could take them into custody. Altogether, the Free Cardassians only numbered a handful of Galor-Class warships and perhaps 5,000 officers & men ... most were used in espionage/special-ops missions, and most died during the war. Avek (although I started calling him Anvek later in the series) was one of the few to survive the fighting, and posted as one of three liason officers to the TOKYO (there's a Klingon and a Romulan as well).

------------------
Gore/Lieberman 2000
"You still don't understand, do you MacLeod? I am the End of Time!" - Kronos

"You're history!" - MacLeod
"I think anybody who doesn't think I'm smart enough to handle the job is underestimating." - George "Dubya" Bush

[This message has been edited by JeffKardde (edited November 11, 2000).]

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Yet another excerpt ...

Star Trek: Gamma Quadrant

003 "The Courier"

Ensign Arial Grass walked down the corridor, staring at the data pad she was working on. Her outburst of earlier was the farthest thing from her mind. Her feelings of hurt and betrayal were covered. You had to have a thick skin to survive in Starfleet, and she was ashamed that hers hadn't stopped her screaming accusation at Bach.

Without warning, a hand gripped her shoulder and yanked her into an empty storage room. The light was dim, but Grass could make out Johann Bach's sharp features. He face was a scowl.

"I told you to stay away from me," Grass whispered, fear in her voice and her heart. Was he going to kill her?

"Listen, dammit, I can't stay away from you. I'm the second officer -- how can I avoid you all of the time? This isn't a Galaxy-Class starship, you know. You don't believe me when I say I care for you? Well, I'm sorry that you don't."

"You *said* you didn't!" Arial retorted.

"I didn't realize how much I cared for you then," Bach said, soothingly, running his hand through Arial's hair. She tensed, but he refused to release her. "Please, believe me," he begged. "I do care for you. I love everything about you."

"Let me go," she said.

"And if I refuse?" he said, gently kissing her. Arial pushed away from him.

"LET ME GO!" she screamed.

Bach pushed her up against the bulkhead, and for a moment, Arial thought she was about to be raped. Then he abruptly released her. "Get out of here," he warned. "But don't think about trying to get me in trouble. I have a lot of pull."

Trembling, Arial hurried into the corridor.

------------------
Can anyone say premature ejac ... er, election?

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Another thing I use throughout the eps are "interludes", which allow me to have brief parts of the story focus on other ships, or Starfleet command, without having them relate to the episode story at all ...

INTERLUDE ...

Office of the Admirality
Starfleet Headquarters, San Francisco

Assistant Executive Commander Extended Operation and Supply, the door reead. Lt. Commander Thom France rapped sharply on the door and waited for the answer before entering. Vice Admiral Edward Bront looked up and extended his hand for the report Frace handed him. "Thank you, Commander."

"Yes, sir."

"Has Kvach's report arrived yet?" Bront asked.

"No, sir. We're sill waiting for it."

"Kvach knows the timetable."

"Yes, sir."

"You were here when I drilled it through his head, right, Commander?"

"Yes, sir."

Bront nodded. "Bring it to me as soon as it arrives."

"Yes, sir."

The door opened, and Major Sara Glass entered. "Sorry to disturb you, Admiral."

"Yes, Major?" Bront inquired.

"General Grant would like to meet with you about the..."

"Supply drop to Brenst Colony, right?" Bront asked. Brenst was a former Cardassian colony, now currently occupied by a force of three thousand Starfleet Marines. A famine was causing the colonists and the occupiers difficulty as food supplies grew scarce and what few replicators were on hand provided woefuly inadequate.

"Yes, sir," Glass said.

"Tell her I'll be down in an hour."

"Aye, sir. Thank you, sir."

"Thank you, Major," Bront said. After she had left, Bront shook his head and looked at France. "You know, I had just gotten used to calling that girl 'commander' and now I've got to call her 'major.'"

"Yes, sir."

Bront looked at his aide. "Do you ever say anytthing besides 'yes, sir'?"

"No, sir."

Bront laughed. "I needed that. Dismissed, Commander."

"Yes, sir."

Bront left his office, ignoring the salutes from the young officers in the ante-chamber. Ensign Delbert stuck to his "six" as Bront made his way through the winding hallways of the sixtieth floor of Command.

The Office of the Special Operations Executive was unmarked. Bront knew where it was and entered. Captain Ian Keller looked up from a computer terminal. "Admiral?" he inquired.

"Captain," Bront said. He held up the padd France had given him. "I read your report."

"Yes, sir." Keller said.

Bront turned to Delbert. "Wait outside, Ensign."

"Yes, sir," the 19-year old OCS graduate said.

"Are we alone?"

"Yes, sir," Keller replied when Delbert was safely outside.

Bront scanned the report. "I see we apprehended a Section-31 agent aboard the SOASTI?"

"Chief Bekler."

"And another one was flushed out about the TOKYO?"

"Lieutenant Commander Younkin," Keller said.

Bront shook his head. "He was one of our best operatives."

"Aye, sir." Keller said.

"Do we have anyone else aboard the TOKYO?"

"No, sir. But that mgiht be a good thing. Both Intelligence and Secret Service have undercover agents aboard."

"Too hot. What about the SEGUR?"

"The Secret Service agent 'died' in an engineering accident. He suspected one of our men, and the Intelligence agent is looking into it. The other is in the clear."

"Good," Bront said. "Well, that's that. I've got to go coordinate a relief for some Marines."

"Good luck, sir," Keller said.

The two Section-31 operatives nodded at each other. They were true patriots of the Federation, hunted by their own.

------------------

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

INTERLUDE ...

Starfleet Academy Training Facility
Western Maryland

Command Master Chief Oscar "Jo-Jo" Mamaril surveyed the four hundred or so assembled first year cadets. They had been flown out from thier orientation at the Academy. Mamaril was in charge of this group, and was responsible for running them through "boot camp." Other cadets were at facilities in Kosovo, Australia, and Brazil.

Still, Jo-Jo usually had close to a thousand cadets to break in. Starfleet's recruitment was still down.

"You are the best and the brightest," Jo-Jo said. He was dressed in shorts and a tight black t-shirt. Fifteen other enlisted chiefs stood behind him, ready to help break them in. "Academically, that is. You are about to experience the same physical training that every enlisted man, woman, and alien has undergone to gain admittance into Starfleet. Do you understand?"

"Sir! Yes, sir!" the cadets chorsued.

Jo-Jo shouted. "You will address me as *Command Master Chief*! Do not call me sir! I work for a living! Do you understand me?!"

"Yes, Command Master Chief!"

"Better!" Jo-Jo yelled. He looked at them all. Sheep. And some would go on to command mighty starships and become the next Jim Kirks or Jean-Luc Picards. They were in training fatigues, and carried their gear on their backs. "Your barracks are ten miles away, at Camp David! Who here knows the historial importance of Camp David?"

"I do, Command Master Chief!" several people chorused at once.

"Tell us on the way! Double time! Mister Robucks, move them out!"

Master Chief Robucks stepped forward. "What the hell are you waiting for? A sign from God? *I AM GOD!* Get your asses *IN GEAR! NOW! MOVE YOUR ASSES!*"

From a camoflaughed bunker, the director of the training camp, Commander Steve Wells, smiled at Captain T'Siko, the Associate Commendant of Starfleet Academy.

T'Siko spoke quietly. "Commander, as you know, our enlistment is down considerably. At this moment, there are barely 1600 cadets in this Class. We must attempt to keep drop outs to a minimum."

Wells frowned. "Captain ... some people just aren't cut out for this training. Are you asking me to tone it down?"

T'Siko faced Wells. "Do what you must, Commander."

Wells turned away. He couldn't believe what he was being asked to do.

------------------

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Star Trek - Gamma Quadrant

Ep 006 - Tribunal

"You okay?" Marin asked with a smile.

Will Lidic winced as he slid off the bio-bed. He had been severely injured in the Gia'nt strike. Surgery and lots of sleep had resulted in Lidic's re-certification of fitness for duty. It would be light duty, but that was better than staring at the sickbay ceiling.

"Take it easy," Najam warned as he walked out of his office. Lidic was famous throughout the ship for how many times he had wound up in sickbay for a variety of reasons.

"Yes, sir." Lidic laughed.

Kim Harper walked in from one of the laboratory wards. She hurried over to Will. Their last date had been interupted by the shocking news of an investigation into Bach.

"You ready for some lunch?" she asked.

"I sure am," Will grinned, hooking his arm around hers. As they walked into the corridor, Harper overheard Marin's whispered comment to Amila Orissa: "that lucky bastard."

Harper grinned.

The Forward Lounge was full. The repair crews who had just come off duty were relaxing with bottles of synthehol. Music played softly in the background.

"Look," Harper said, as she guided Lidic into an empty booth. Bach sat alone at the bar.

"If I were him," Lidic remarked, "I wouldn't be seen in public. I'd stay in my cabin."

"They've still got to hold a hearing," Harper said in response. "I guess that'll be what's his name's job."

"It's Mic something," Lidic said. Four months out from dock and he still didn't know the legal officer's name.

"Never met him. Heard he keeps to himself."

"You know those JAG guys," Lidic laughed. He didn't like Starfleet's Criminal Investigation Division, Internal Affairs, and JAG people much. He understood that the CID and IA were neccessary roles in a military as large as Starfleet. There were numerous bad seeds scattered around, and they could be as much danger to a Starfleet officer as a Jem'Hadar warrior. But Lidic was of the opinion that they enforced stuff that didn't really hurt people, and in doing so, they did hurt Starfleet. CID and IA guyts were viewed as evil. Not as much JAG, but it was the officers of JAG who defended the bad guys and prosecuted the good guys, so they were kind of a mixed bag.

"Never had deal..." Harper's voice trailed off. Lidic looked in the direction that she was.

Proske had entered the lounge, with John Wells behind him. Both were looking at Back, and both had phaser pistols at their waists. Through the other entrance, Lieutenant Nadell and Ensign Love entered. Also both armed.

"Shit," Lidic said.

"What's going on?" Harper asked, watching as Nadell approached Bach.

Nadell's voice was strong and clear. He wasn't the type to be discreet. "Lieutenant Johann Bach," Nadell said. All eyes in the lounge turned. "Under the authority placed in me by Starfleet, you are under arrest."

Back blinked. So did everyone else. Without the hearing (which wasn't scheduled for two more days), Bach couldn't legally be arrested.

To the disbelief of everyone, Nadell stated the charges. "The charge is treason, conspiracy to commit treason, illegally hacking a Starfleet database, and providing assistance to a criminal organization."

"WHAT?" Bach yelled, standing.

The security ensigns had their phasers in hand instantly, all aimed at Bach. "Don't move!" Proske ordered.

"Keep your hands where we can see them," Nadell ordered.

"This is ridiculous," Bach retorted, pushing Nadell away as the lieutenant (j.g.) tried to handcuff the former second officer.

Proske charged forward, slamming Bach against the bar. Love pressed his phaser pistol into Bach's head. "DON'T MOVE!" Proske snarled. He twisted Bach's left arm behind the officer's back. "Don't make it harder on yourself, *sir*!"

"Okay," Bach said, his voice wincing with the pain shooting through his arm. He turned his head, and the expressions on the faces of the junior officers and enlisted men were ones of betrayal and shock.

Nadell reached up and removed Bach's rank pins and communicator badge. Proske led Bach into the corridor and pressed him up against the bulkhead, allowing Wells time to frisk the former second officer.

"Did you have to do that in there?" Bach asked Nadell.

Nadell's face looked angry. The young officer tried to keep his emotions in check. He had looked up to Bach. The warrior had been a good, trained officer, and now look at him. He was a traitor? Well, his commission had been suspended, so at least he didn't have to be called sir anymore.

"As you know," Nadell said consendingly, "with charges of treason, the suspect is to be detained as soon as possible. Would you rather I arrested you in your quarters? Maybe you should've stayed there."

"Dammit, Nate..."

Nadell lost his control. He jumped in Bach's face so quickly Proske contemplated the possibility he would have to pry his commanding officer off the prisoner.

"Don't you dare ask for favors! That agent killed a lot of my men, and you helped him do so! Don't feel sorry for yourself! You're still alive. You'll recieve a fair trial, which is more than Ensign Burhan Bayraktaroglu got! Remember him?" Nadell pushed himself back. "Take him to the brig," Nadell ordered Proske. "I want a guard on him at all times."

"Yes, sir," Proske said, and with Wells and Love at his side, the prisoner was led away.

Nadell punched the bulkhead when they were gone. He couldn't afford to lose control. Security men who lost control were quickly marked for the "no advancement" file. Shit.

==========

I've tried to keep a running continuity with the "little people" ... Karl Proske, John Wells, Jim Love, Will Lidic are all security ensigns who have appeared repeatedly in the "GAMMA QUAD" episodes. Kim Harper is a recurring nurse, and Lt. Nadell is the Assistant Chief of Security.

------------------

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Star Trek - Gamma Quad

#004 -- "SLEEPY TOKYO"

Lt. Johann Bach whistled to himself as the turbolift car shot through the criss-crossing shafts of the Starship TOKYO. The ship and crew had recently celebrated their second month in the Gamma Quadrant. Things were going fantastic -- Bach had learned he was being considered for promotion.

Oh, sure, both Grass and Blair were giving him the cold shoulder, but that didn't bother him very much anymore. Grass had been good in bed, but she was acting like a bitch, so that was how he would treat her. Blair was acting spoiled, and so he would ignore her as well.

Bach still didn't like his direct supervisor, Melanie Kline, very much, but he would still work well under her. Bach felt that Kline's promotion to lieutenant commander had been more deserving of him, but he hadn't served on the front during the war, and had missed numerous opportunities for promotion.

It pissed him off.

Now he had to go find Commander Kline. Captain Macy was enjoying a well deserved rest, and Bach needed permission from the Captain or First Officer to have Lt. Blair conduct a test of the ship's transporter systems, which had been acting up recently. Since it was an unusually slow week, Bach had decided to stick Karen to work on that as soon as possible.

And why not? Revenge was good.

The turbolift came to a stop, the doors slicing open onto an almost empty corridor. Major Tsana, the Romulan liason officer's aide, was standing impatiently, waiting for the car. "About time," the gruff Romulan muttered.

Bach nodded politely to Tsana. He hadn't had much time to socialize with any of the liason officers, and didn't much care to. He appreciated the contributions the Romulans had made during the war, but he had spent years of service in a Starfleet that had trusted the Romulans as much as the United States had trusted the Soviet Union centuries earlier.

Bach stepped off the turbolift, and smiled to himself as the doors hissed shut and carried Tsana away. As Bach walked around a bend, he was a bit surprised to find a security man standing there. Ensign Charlie Apicella was speaking to his communicator. "He's gone," the ensign said.

"His destination is deck seven," another voice said. "Wells will pick up the tail."

Ever since Major Tsana and the Klingon aide, Lt. Kazl, had put on the of the TOKYO's crew in sickbay, Lt. Gosvar had made it his business to keep a close eye on the two. It didn't help that they both wanted to kill each other, and that was another reason the security men trailed the two: to keep an "ugly" incident from occuring.

Bach nodded to Apicella, who nodded in return.

Bach stepped to the doors of holodeck one, the largest on the TOKYO. The doors refused to open for him, and he was forced to identify himself. "Lieutenant Johann Bach, requesting access."

"Program Kline-Three in progress."

"Security code Baker-George-Five-Four-Seven-Three."

"Access granted."

The heavy doors slid open, revealing a wooded forest. Bach stepped inside, and turned in time to see the doors slide shut. For a moment, Bach could see both the doors and the "arch." Then they vanished into thin air. Bach grinned -- holodeck technology continued to impress him.

Bach looked around the woods. They seemed to continue forever. Above the trees -- it looked to be fall, the weather was slightly chilly, and the trees were bare -- he could see the mountains rising in the distance.

Bach shrugged and began walking. He didn't care where he was headed, as long as he ran into Kline before too long. He decided he probably should've paged her, but he knew how upset he became when someone entered one of his holodeck programs, and he didn't want her to want to do that to him.

Suddenly, a cold wind blew up. He shivered, and thought about calling for the arch. He could...

A running horse. He had heard the sound only a few times, on Earth, but he knew it. The hoofbeats grew louder, the ground seemed to shake. What the hell kind of program was this? Whatever was running, it was running right towards him ...

Bach got a bearing on the sound and turned to face it. With a roar, a huge black horse burst through the treeline and charged him. A tall, huge man was mounted on the horse's back. In one hand, he gripped a huge double-edged sword. In the other, he gripped a head. Which made no sense to Bach, because the horseman didn't have a head himself.

And then the headless horseman "saw" Bach. The body swivled, and the horse reared as it changed course -- charging for Johann Bach. The second officer's eyes grew wider as the horseman swung his sword for Bach's neck ...

====

Ok, time for you guys to leave some feeback. What do you think? These have been *small* samplings from the stories. I'll leave more if you want.

------------------

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I want to read the whole episodes!

------------------
Hunt: "You cheated!"
Rhade: "It's only cheating if you get caught."
-Andromeda, "Double Helix"

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Ain't I a tease?!?!? =)

Star Trek: Gamma Quad

#002 - "The Courier"

Ens. Anwar looked sharp at the conn post, while Ens. Aschenbach looked on the verge of falling asleep at Ops. Ensign Proske stared dully at the tactical post. The TOKYO continued through space.

"Look at this," Kwei said, holding up an isolinear chip.

"What is it?" Kline asked.

Kwei was seated at the science post on the bridge. Kline was the duty officer, and was looking over Kwei's shoulder. "I brough it with me from Earth," Kwei said. "Data record -- Federation News Services."

"Of what?" Kline asked.

Kwei smiled. She slipped the chip into a slot. Kline recognized the person who appeared -- Miguel Molina, a noted journalist who had won acclaim for several hard hitting pieces while covering the Dominion War.

"I'm reporting from the top floor of Starfleet Headquarters," Molina spoke. The date on the corner of the screen was from a week ago. Behind him, dozens of high and low ranking officers bustled around computer consoles, directing starships, performing those tasks that they were chosen to do.

"Here you will find scores of Admirals directing the rebuilding of the Alpha Quadrant. They are trying to spread the handful of Starfleet starships left to cover what was once done by so many more. Others try to find enough people to crew those ships -- enlistment is at the lowest point in the history of Starfleet. Hundreds of accepted applicants have withdrawn from coming classes at Starfleet Academy.

"This is a difficult time for the Federation," Molina continued. "Even with the defeat of the Dominion, almost everyone on Earth and on Federation member worlds have lost someone. The cultural centers of the Federation have been hit hard -- structures hundreds of years old on the planet Benzar were completely destroyed by Dominion strikes."

Molina paused before continuing. "But there is good news with the bad. Nine months ago, a Breen strike force attacked San Francisco. Thousands were killed, and the city itself was severely damaged." An image appeared on the monitor, as Molina's voice continued. It was file footage, of the Golden Gate bridge -- twisted and burning, as Federation rescue runabouts roared overhead and a burning Breen warship slipped beneath the waves. "The Mayor's office announced tthat repairs to the Golden Gate -- a historical monument -- would have to take back seat to more important city repair projects."

Molina's face appeared again. "But last week, as a show of good will, the ambassador from the provisional government of the Cardassian Republic pledged to provide the funds to repair the Golden Gate."

The image of the Cardassian ambassador appeared. He was an old man, with greying hair, and a scar across his cheek. "The Cardassian people were responsible for many atrocities committed during the war, and while no Cardassian participated in the attack on San Francisco, we feel a measure of responsibility."

Moline appeared again. "And so this morning, repair workers by the hundred descended on the Golden Gate bridge. By this time next week, repairs are expected to be completed, and San Francisco's healing process will be that much closer to being over."

The image closed.

"Wait ... that's a week old?" Kline asked.

Kwei smiled. "You know what that means. The Golden Gate looks like her old self again."

"I was born in San Fran," Melanie stated. "My first memory is of the Golden Gate. It's lovely at sundown -- the light coming in from the ocean ..."

"So you lived your whole life in the shadow of Starfleet, huh? No wonder you decided to be an officer."

Melanie shook her head. "I never wanted to join. My mom was a petty officer on a couple different starships when I was a kid, and I always remember wondering why she wasn't home. I vowed I would never do that to my child."

"And then?" Kwei asked.

Melanie lowered her voice. "I was in high school, and my boyfriend got me pregnant. I was seventeen years old with a daughter."

"So, why join Starfleet? Why not...?"

Melanie shrugged. "Going to the Academy allowed me to keep an eye on Kellie -- she lives with my parents. I always figured I could go to the Academy for four years -- Starfleet paying for my college education -- and then serve out my five year commitment, and get a high paying job in the private sector and be a great mom for Kellie."

"How much left do you have to serve?"

Melanie shook her head. "Two years. I could apply for an early discharge, but ... I don't know. There's something about this job I didn't count on."

"Oh yeah?"

Melanie smiled. "I love it. I love the job, the responsibilities ..."

"Sounds like you're homesick."

Melanie nodded. "I am. I really am. I haven't seen Kellie in ... almost three years."

"Go talk to Amanda," Kwei suggested. "She's a good listener."

"Yeah, maybe I will..."

=========

"Amanda" is Dr. Amanda Baron, the ship's psychologist/counselor

"Kwei" is Lt. Si Kwei, Chief Science Officer

------------------

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

#007 -- Interceptor

Connor H. Macy entered the bridge through the rearmost turbolift. He blinked in surprise as he nearly collided with the armed security NCO standing guard. "Uhhh ... crewman?" Macy asked.

"Sir?" Crewman 1st Class Tribano inquired.

"What ... are you doing here?" Macy asked, surprise in his voice.

Tribano frowned. It was the same as if someone had asked what color Sol was. "Uh ... I was ordered to, sir."

"Ordered...?"

"Yes, sir."

"By ... Lieutenant Gosvar?"

"No, sir," Tribano replied.

"By ... Lieutenant Nadell?"

"No, sir," Tribano repeated.

"Who?"

"Admiral Kvach, sir," Tribano said.

"Kvach."

Tribano blinked. "Kvach. Yes, sir."

"Why?"

"Why?" Tribano looked puzzled. "Sir," he tagged on, almost as an after thought.

"Never mind, where's Gosvar?"

"At Ops, sir."

Macy scanned the bridge. Another armed guard stood at the forward turbolift. Eve Pierson was at tactical, and Anwar was working the Conn position. Gosvar was at Ops, and Lt. Burke was standing at the ready room door.

Macy walked towards the ready room. Burke blocked his entrance. "Sorry, sir."

"Stand aside, Lieutenant," Macy ordered.

"No, sir," Burke said. "I've got strict orders."

Macy turned aside, his eyes wide in disbelief. Kvach was blocked his own entry into his own godammed office? Gosvar glanced up and gave his CO a sympathetic look.

======

Adm. John Kvach is the Admiral in command of Starfleet forces in the Gamma Quad. He rotates his command throughout the ships under his charge.

------------------

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I don't know about anyone else, but I want to see what these ships look like!

------------------

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Ritten has graciously offered his help in posting the stories to a web page!!!!!

Now I've just got to format the buggers properly ... I originally wrote them on my old Mac, and they got kinda messed up in the translation to my PC ...

Ah, well. It'll give me motivation to get them all fixed up (should I spell check?) and also to finish writing the final two-parter of the first season.

Wait, I guess this means I'll have to work on season two, too ...

Ahhh ... well, hey, you'll all get to see Starfleet Judge Advocate General Central in Boston in the 2nd season! Hee-hee ...

Ritten, again, muy gracias! Sprechen ze deutch! Tu molestar un gato? No hablo espanol! Nek' nark chu-dich! .... er, ah ... well, um ...

THANK YOU RITTEN!

------------------

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

What about the ships? Do you have drawings of the ships?

------------------

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps