Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Enterprise 3D model (Page 3)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Enterprise 3D model
Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Those are some weird arrangements, I say.
capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh yeah.. i never liked your.. umm.. judicious use of megaphasers and torpedo tubes and shuttle bays.. they make some of the designs look decidedly ungraceful. just my two cents.

maybe we should have a vote to see which ones we think we'd like modeled the most?

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Belknap!!!!

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Out of the above ships, the Thruxton is my favorite. I'm not so sure about the Oberth bashes and the strange nacelle config of the Dupliex.

I'd vote for the more-or-less canon DS9TM Constitution variant (aka "Constant"). And the Belknap after that. [Smile]

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Dupliex and the Phantom were attempts at having two nacelles on a ship with no secondary hull and no primary hull addition. However, the tandem nacelle jobby won out over the stacked nacelles. The tandom nacelle is visible in the Scimitar, among others.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Treknophyle
Member # 509

- posted      Profile for Treknophyle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, I'm just glad someone remembers these...

--------------------
'One man's theology is another man's belly laugh.' - Lazarus Long

capped
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i could remember drooling over that book before i was old enough to drool over girls instead, so its a piece of my childhood too.

there arent many fun fan-books these days IMO.. i cant help but think its because the people who would be making them are too busy making webpages now.. has anyone on this board ever considered a new publishing venture?

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If they have, they will have considered the Viacom-Boot-In-Ass venture as well.
capped
Member # 709

meh. i'd try it just to see what happens.
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That waxes and wanes, though. I've often considered putting out my own 'zine. Though it wouldn't be Star Trek related.
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I doubt Viacom would care. Unless they have you under contract.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

JasonA
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heya all,

Those are some interesting mvie era variants! Actually I like a couple of em, but some seem a bit ... mmm unconventional [Smile] Basically if I ever make a Miranda class, I'll have almost all the components to make up just about any version in there..

for a later project anyways [Smile]

A bit of an update on some of the interiors I've been working on. I started a decent hangar bay, in TMP style, and fitted it inside the model. Its not the most bitchin but I like it [Smile] Also started some of the cargo area/ airlocks under the saucer section and made up a low detail interior for the VIP lounge. Also, I'm tweaking the textures of the hull to be more shiny white and less grey.

There are still some problems to work out, such as the hangar doors poking through the mesh, saucer top textures incomplete, cargo bay door arms missing etc... so don't view these as finished product pictures, but rather WIP images I guess...

Next on the list is to figure out how t obest make the botanical garden and deal with the rest of the little room windows... I really need some screen caps of room walls from like voyager or something.... (hint, hint)

ok well here's a few pics for you al to check out:
 -
 -
 -
 -

IP: Logged
Treknophyle
Member # 509

- posted      Profile for Treknophyle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think I'm going to cry.
Hot damn those are great!

BTW: Some of us are indeed trying fun-fan stuff. My partner and I have completed full-color deckplans for the Intrepid, Nova, Sovereign, and Prometheus classes (same scale as the Ent-A plans I did before). We have plans to complete all of the popular starships. Certain members of Flare have seen the Intrepid-class - or rather the earlier version of it (I keep improving it as time goes by).

And yes, we will try to market them. First we'll approach Pocket Books. We figure if we explain why the Ent-D set didn't sell well, maybe they'll see why ours will.

If that doesn't work, there are other means...

--------------------
'One man's theology is another man's belly laugh.' - Lazarus Long

capped
Member # 709

Many major publishers poo-pooed my complete deck plans of the Mega Maid. The entire volume only fills one room, and shows the many differences between the 4,562,308 crew accomodations of the many different Assholes aboard. Who WOULDN'T buy it I ask you!? You should see the, as yet unglimpsed, zoo complex!
bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I suspect it was exactly the positioning and... er... shape of said 'zoo complex' that turned the publishers off, Mike. Really, I mean... Did you think they wouldn't notice?

Jason: This is a beautiful model. Terrific work. As soon as I get my TMP disc back, I can make some captures if you'd like. I do have an ext. arboretum from TWOK if that'll help...

--------------------
"Nah. The 9th chevron is for changing the ringtone from "grindy-grindy chonk-chonk" to the theme tune to dallas." -Reverend42

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps