Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Enterprise 3D model (Page 1)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Enterprise 3D model
JasonA
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello everyone,

I'm new to this board but got the address from a thread at 3D Gladiators and thought I'd drop in. I've been working on a 3d model of the Constitution Refit prop, and have finished the exterior modeling and texturing and thought you might like to see it, give feedback or whatever. I know this isn't a 3D site, but figured you'd like to check it out anyways. Your comments would be greatly appreciated!

The reference material I used primarily came from Phil Broad's website at http://www.cloudster.com.

To see the entire wip thread, go to
3D Gladiator's Forums

Here's the pictures:
 -

-

-

IP: Logged
Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I followed your WIP there, and I crapped myself. Here, I crapped myself again.

Very damn nice.

(BTW, usually this kind of stuff belongs in "Designs and Creativity, but in no time someone will come along and whisk it off.)

There's also the "Enterprise" thing, but the next thing you know, I'mma gonna smack Topher.

EdipisReks
Ex-Member

looks freaking fantastic!
Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Consider the thread moved.

Consider ME moved, too. To tears. This is a work of art. Now all you need to do is add some tiny trees behind the blue arboretum windows at the bottom of the ship... [Smile]

Timo Saloniemi

Dax
Paradox
Member # 191

- posted      Profile for Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is freakin' incredible, Jason.

--------------------
"I exist here."
- Sisko in "Emissary"
Dax's Ships of Star Trek

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My god, that's amazing! I hope you model some more TOS Movie-era ships.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hot-damn, that is beyond incredible!

But, erh, Enterprise class? [Razz]

iam2xtreme
Member # 836

- posted      Profile for iam2xtreme         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oooooohhhhh opened a can of worms now, you have!!!!!

--------------------
"Marge, trying is the first step towards failure!!" Homer

superslowmo
Ex-Member

that is some nice work! have you ever considered modelling out the arboretum or botanical whatever that is on the bottom part of the secondary hull? you know, those big windows? i think that's make that even cooler.

but nontheless, its far beyond what i could ever accomplish. :)

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is cool. The only thing I can find (and it is the tinest of tiny nitpicks) is that I don't think the running lights were white. Weren't they red and yellow? Or did I imagine that?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

JasonA
Ex-Member

Thanks for the awesome feedback guys! cool, I'm glad you guys like its accuracy. I've always loved the movie era ships (all of em really), at least ST:TMP - ST:VI. I like TNG too, but not as much... So Topher, I think I probably will [Smile]

superslowmo, yep I'm going to model 3 major interior sections of the prop. The detail level will vary slightly for each part, but I will probably make the Botanical garden (medium-low detail), the VIP lounge (medium detail) and the Shuttlebay (medium-high detail). I want to be able to do a scene replicating the drydock scene in the movies...

PsyLiam, I think thats a partially true observation. I think the red/green ones are only on the sides of primary hull, basically replicating aviation orientation lights. By seeing where the white,red,green lights are you can tell what direction a plane is heading in without seeing the hull. The rest of are white from what I've seen in the movies. [Smile]

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't be limited by canon... There's plenty of fandom ships of that era. [Wink] [Big Grin]

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"replicating the drydock scene in the movies..."

You mean this scene? [Smile]

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

JasonA
Ex-Member

Naw thats the spacedock from ST:III. I'm going to cheat and put the -A in a drydock like in TMP and ST:II

Basically cause modeling the interior of the spacedock is more than I wanna take on right now [Smile]

superslowmo
Ex-Member

very cool.

will be watching for the finished project.

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps