Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Aegian Class Drawing (Page 2)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Aegian Class Drawing
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nim, I think they were referring to the deflector array being too big, not the saucer section. The deflector is a tad large... but I figure there's a reason why it's big. Given that the deflector can do pretty much anything, maybe bigger is better.

I'm having trouble sizing this puppy too. Judging by the windows I saw on the screen caps, I'm thinking it's not all that big of a ship. Maybe 2/3 the size of a Connie.

I got a deck count of 12, but that was after I did my fudging with the details. One good thing about doing a completely unknown ship is that nobody can say I'm wrong [Smile]

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok... did some scanning at lunch. I grabbed the three parts that I have anything done on:

The Shuttlecraft
The Banner
The Crewman

As you can see, the scanning is far from extraordinary. For some reason it's having a hard time picking up the line work. I think all the white around it is confusing it. To much reflection.

The shuttle and the banner look pretty close but don't have the subtlty of the original. On the crewman, the circle that you can barely see around him is clearly visible all the way around on the original piece.

The only other part I have done is the deck chart. If you look on the original mockup, you'll see a front view of the ship with Commander Patrick's face next to it. I drew subtle lines over and behind her head to the right from each deck hieght and labeled the space between the lines with Deck 1, Deck 2, Deck 3, etc. 12 in all.

I'll keep you posted.

[ October 23, 2002, 13:02: Message edited by: Topher ]

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

EdipisReks
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Nimpim:
It's a frigate? It looks like a cargo hauler.

in the game, i believe it was a Frigate.
IP: Logged
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

Wednesday night's productivity:

The Transporter Emitter detail
The Shuttlecraft (a better scan)

As you can see, I figured out how to get a better scan. The white paper was wigging the scanner out, so I cut a rectangle out of a black piece of paper and put the hole over the part I wanted to scan. It cut down on the reflection big time. You can now see the unfisihed drawing bits around the finished parts... [Smile]

[ October 23, 2002, 13:03: Message edited by: Topher ]

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

Weekend Update... I'm closing in on it, but still a ways to go. Today's contribution: The bridge floorplan...

-

Lobo
Member # 669

- posted      Profile for Lobo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh Baby [Eek!] !
Aban you are an damn good artist!

Lobo

--------------------
"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die..."

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

I think I've upped the load time on this page enough, so I'll just post a link this time:

The Front:
 -

I want to do something with the bussard collectors, too... but this is what I got done last night. Next up... the escape pod close-ups on the left...

[ October 23, 2002, 13:04: Message edited by: Topher ]

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lobo, that's an understatment! [Smile]

Aban, I really do like how you've taken those type of schematics (as you've mentioned) to do this ship.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

Thanks guys. I'm pretty pleased with how it's going too. It'll be kind of a cool contrast in the end... I'll have a lot of little schematicy drawings all 'round, then a fully rendered and colored starship in the middle. I can't wait to get back to it.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Da-da! Older pics linked, newer pics inserted. [Cool]

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

Bless you, Topher [Smile]

I added some color to the Bussards in that front view as well as some contruction lines and fun little things last night. With a minimum of ego, I've gotta say it looks pretty sharp with that red in there. I'll wait to post anything else until I have a bit more done. I'm working on the lettering at the moment.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is your shuttlecraft named Barney?

--------------------
"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

-Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney, LeMans

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

"Carney"

[Smile]

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
like circus people? small hands, smell like cabbage?
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

As in the maiden name of the friend of mine after whom the ship is named. [Smile]

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps