Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Aegian Class Drawing (Page 5)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Aegian Class Drawing
ASDB_J
Member # 312

- posted      Profile for ASDB_J     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That game, as well as now ported over to Bridge Commander (which is better than you lot generally seemed to think of it). It could use a texture overhaul, and I'd have been willing to do it, too. Only, they were encoded as 3DS NIF files. *grr*

I'd post a pic of her in-game, but... =P

--------------------
http://stmultiverse.homestead.com

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, she's an Armada 2 ship. I don't have the game, but, yes, I seem to recall that her special ability is Shield Enhancement. I don't know where the equipment is housed that supposedly does this, nor do I know what it looks like. And since it's not anything we have ever heard of before on the show, Ill just assume it's a function of the slightly larger than normal deflector dish [Smile]

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Or you could write it off as one of the outrageous capabilities that was wedged into the game to make the whole thing more appealing to the uneducated masses who don't really know anything about Treknology. [Wink]

I don't recall many of the specifics anymore, but I remember when the first version of "Armada" came out, I was appalled at how they depicted some of the combat strategies, at least on the websites. (I've never played the game, though.) I understand they wanted to diversify things a little bit for "more interesting gameplay," but I still think there could be some other way to make things fun without trampling over canon.

Ah, well. Since "Armada" was marketed for the masses more than any other game, IMO, I guess it's okay to make a few compromises. It's a business, after all -- for better or worse.

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

seanr
Member # 277

- posted      Profile for seanr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HOLY SHIT!!!! Dude, that ROCKS!!!!

You should do a cutaway one of an original ship (maybe a smaller movie era one or something). Only one question, though - why is your captain only a lieutenant commander?

BTW, I really like that bridge design. You mind if I take a shot at modeling it? If you could draw an isometric view of it (just a quick sketch) so I can see how you wanted the walls and that tactical console to look, it'd really help alot.

--------------------
Sean Robertson
[email protected]
WEBolutionary
Speaking Freely

"The ulimate measure of a man is not where he stands in times of comfort and convenience, but where he stands in times of challenge and controversy."
-- Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*bathes in the glory of Sean's praise*

I'm not touching the cutaway scene, man. My perspective drawing skillz aren't near good enough to do that. I'd give myself an anuerism trying to make everything line up... I think for now I'll stick with near-correct exterior shots and schematics [Smile]

I don't really have any updates to share, either... I've been loaded with actual paying work lately and haven't had a chance to work on her. I'm still trying to work out the hull paneling for the main shot of the ship exterior.

I'll try and whip you up a sketch of the bridge. Actually... I need to go back and look at the bridge drawing to try and remember what I had in mind... Stupid, work-riddled brain...

Oh, and the CO is a Lt.Commander because I figure smaller ships on routine duties like cargo transport are probably skippered by lower ranking officers. We don't have alot of canon to back this up, but there has been a precedent (as in the case of Dax commanding the Defiant for several combat stints), plus the USN does it... so I figure it's possible.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

seanr
Member # 277

- posted      Profile for seanr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Makes sense to me. Looking forward to seeing that bridge drawing...

--------------------
Sean Robertson
[email protected]
WEBolutionary
Speaking Freely

"The ulimate measure of a man is not where he stands in times of comfort and convenience, but where he stands in times of challenge and controversy."
-- Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

Ok... I'm trying to work on the hull plating for the Aegian... can anyone direct me to any good pictures that show some detail of the hull plating on the Sovvie? I'm assuming they'll be similar since the designs are clearly similar...

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
By "detail," do you mean the general patterning or the little differently-colored bits on the actual plating?

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

The little differently colored bits.

The closest thing I can think of is the aztecing on the Ent A or the patterns on the Ent D.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You're just doing that to make me build another model!
Curse you! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

Well... no... not really. With the picture being that big, it's going to need some detail there or it will look quite empty. But feel free to build another if you like. The first one was sweet.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aban, I'll have shots for you by 1600 EST today.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

Hey, sweet! I've found a couple of examples, but i'll wait to do anything until I see what you've got!

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

Shik
Member # 343

Panel 1, panel 2, & panel 3.

The Encyclopedia top view has the colors & general lines as well, & if you look over on Starship Modeler, I know that someone puts out decals with all the paneling & ish.

--------------------

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

Thanks, man. Those wil help alot.

I've still not got that sketch done of the bridge, Sean. But I haven't forgotten. It will be coming soon...

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps