Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » BSG 3x04 - "Exodus Pt. 2" (Page 2)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: BSG 3x04 - "Exodus Pt. 2"
OnToMars
Now on to the making of films!
Member # 621

- posted      Profile for OnToMars     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, but props to Battlestar for actually following through, versus Trek's many empty promises.

Furthermore, the jumping the ship into atmosphere to launch fighters and then jumping out again is one of the coolest things I have ever seen depicted on the screen. And yes, the ship left behind a vacuum that was evidenced by not only the clouds rushing inwards, but also the loud sonic boom-like clap of thunder.

I too, felt that god, maybe just maybe RDM would be ballsy enough to actually kill off the main character and title ship, which any other critiques of the show one might have, holy shit is that an impressive accomplishment.

--------------------
If God didn't want us to fly, he wouldn't have given us Bernoulli's Principle.

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Even when I see it now, its so unbelievable!

Anyway, NBC is being a dick again:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15264007/site/newsweek/

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Janeway rammer Voyager into the timeship in "Year of Hell".

So, out of all the hundreds of hours of sci-fi TV and movies, we have a whopping eight examples of starship-ramming? Wow. It's like they never quit, isn't it?

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The A-Wing slamming into Executor wasn't intentional. The A-Wing was spiraling out of control and the pilot seemed to be injured -- he was, you'll recall, screaming with his eyes shut.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So long, Peggy, we barely knew ye.

I knew Casey had to be the Cylons screwing with Starbuck's mind. She was too old, and they kept emphasizing the fact that Hera was the first.

But Holy Crap! My jaw was hanging open through that whole sequence. I'm glad they showed it falling like a brick through the atmosphere, making this a whole lot different (and more realistic) than Star Trek or Star Wars. I was also glad to see HotDog is still around, and his comment "This is going to be interesting." has got to be a *huge* understatement! Going full speed into an airstream 90 degrees to your direction of travel, I'm suprised that nobody got their wings ripped off.

They also seem to have established that you can't jump when you're immediately next to another physical object. The ships had to get off the ground to jump, and the Raptors had to clear Pegasus before they could jump. Otherwise, I'd have just jumped inside the flight pod. It a restriction, but I like the fact that they're limited somehow.

Re: NBC - Yeah, it seems that the unions can't deal with a technology change. Yet again. Just as long as I get my weekly Galactica fix, I'm happy.

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, and about Tighclops - why couldn't they just keep Ellen locked up for a while? Or at least keep someone with her at all times? She can't be *that* big a security risk. I image Tighclops is going to be crawling back inside the bottle for a while.
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"She can't be *that* big a security risk."

Maybe you missed the part where if Sgt. Hadrian hadn't been on her game, Sharon Mk. II woulda been killed, no launch keys would've been had, and the whole mission would've failed because of Ellen ... ?

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Damn. Saul got it bad this episode. I actually had a lump in my throat when his buddy Adama got cheered on by the crowd, while he was shoved aside. I sincerely doubt Tigh will shave of his beard and get in his uniform quite as quickly as Bill did.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah I felt bad for him, especially since he played a big part in the resistance.
Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Exodus Part II has to be the very best episode of BSG so far. It was simply fantastic!

They actually managed to make me like Ellen when she was telling Saul how she'd do anything for him, I even felt a little tear well up. Up until then I'd always thought she was a slut after any meat she could lay her hands on, but that scene showed she was more than that. And then she died. I didn't think Saul had to kill her, actually. As long as he'd kept her with him until they escape the planet she wouldn't have been any more trouble, and then she could've been locked up.

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didn't exactly feel sorry for Ellen. Notice that she told the story as if she was the one who convinced the Cylons to release him, when Cavil specifically told her that they'd already decided to release him when she came to them. She was trying to cover her ass, and I think Saul knew it. He figured that the Cylons wouldn't have released him just because of her.

Also, Ellen knew exactly what she was doing. She'd been there for the discussion, she knew that it was a very important meeting (since it was people from the Galactica). She just wasn't thinking clearly, and was willing to betray any chance of getting everyone away from the Cylons on the slim hope that the Cylons would stay true to their word and leave Saul alone as the resistance continued.

However, I'm still surprised at the decision to kill her. Considering all the stuff going on, and even considering the high stakes, a summary execution seems extreme.

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think the point was that if he didn't do it, someone else would, and they wouldn't be so nice about it.

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To me,.the most interesting part about Ellen's "execution" is the slightest glimmer that she knew EXACTLY what was in that cup and drank it without Tigh having to say a word.
Material like this really doesn't come around often, especially when it's (under)played to tastefully.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

HerbShrump
Member # 1230

- posted      Profile for HerbShrump     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Noted similarity with Original BSG. Pegasus takes on (at least) two Cylon Basestars before being destroyed (well, presumably destroyed in the original).

Now we definitely have Baltar (and Lucifer, I mean, Six), with the Cylons following the fleet. At least for a while.

My step-son did bring up an interesting point when we watched the episode again. Why worry if Biers sets off the nuke? New Caprica had been evacuated. No one was around (as far as Baltar knew). Who cares if she set it off?

There's no way Ellen could have lived. Anders even said if Tigh didn't do it, he would. And, with next week's episode highlights, it's clear many more collaborators are about to die.

Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Back to the ramming thing briefly.

In B5 there were a lot of rammings. I think the coolest aborted rammings were Sinclair's run on the Minbari flagship in his StarFury and Sheridan's attempt to ram the last Earth defense satellite with the Agamemnon.

--Jonah

--------------------
"That's what I like about these high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

--David "Woody" Wooderson, Dazed and Confused

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps