Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » BSG 3x04 - "Exodus Pt. 2" (Page 3)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: BSG 3x04 - "Exodus Pt. 2"
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Theory: Tigh becomes the next President.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone recall what the colonial election cycle was? Zarek is in line for the presidency right now, and it's only been 16 months since the last election. If they're on a two year cycle, another might be close, but it may take a while. Unless of course they decide to restructure their entire government, which would really make more sense than hanging on to the twelve dead colonies...

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's probably a four year cycle, although I don't think it has ever been mentioned -- possibly in "Epiphanies", but I don't remember off-hand.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why is it always a four-year cycle, though? Why not three or five or six?

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Mucus
Member # 24

- posted      Profile for Mucus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by WizArtist II:

7. Sheridan rams the Whitestar into Z'ha'dum.

Sorta (the nuke was more the point than the ramming). There are many other examples in B5 though, the one in Severed Dreams, the attempt in Endgame, and the one in In The Beginning.

Peregrinus: Didn't read up to your point yet, but Sinclair's is a good one [Smile]

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For a moment there I thought we were going to see the Pegasus re-named the Galactica-A. . . But then they began that long pull-out shot, and it became obvious what was about to happen.

So Hera's now being dissected, or worshipped, by the Cylons, or both. Funny thing, I was more relieved about Casey being OK. I'm still going to go check on my daughter now, though, before I turn in.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I want one of the Sharons to claim Hera as her own, and more Cylon squabbling to result. [Smile]

One of my favourite rammings that I neglected to mention in my last post: "The Search, Part 1". When the Defiant opens up with its pulse phasers on the formation of Jem'Hadar bugships and ploughs through the last one as it's exploding. My chin was on the floor the first time I saw that, and I still get a lump in my... er... throat just thinking about it.

But back to nuBSG. I'm hoping now we can get Apollo back in a Viper. I want Tigh to lose his right leg below the knee and truly Ahab out on us. I want Leoben to die many, many more times, each one more painful than the last. And I wonder how many base ships the Cylons have. How does losing a couple affect them? And I still want an active old-skool Centurion to show up -- with the right sound effects and everything. [Big Grin]

--Jonah

--------------------
"That's what I like about these high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

--David "Woody" Wooderson, Dazed and Confused

Lee
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
On that last note, I gather (perhaps erroneously) that we could be seeing some, er, basestar-based action, so I'm pinning my hopes on that. Perhaps a skinjob rec-room staffed by Centurion waiters.

Leoben: "One Colonial Warrior please."
Cylon: (you'll have to imagine the voice) - COLONIAL WARRIOR - DANGER - PREPARE TO ATTACK -
Leoben: "No! It's a cocktail, you overgrown toaster! ... oops."
D'anna: "I think you've been hanging around Starbuck too long. For that, you can change Hera's nappies for the next three months."

It'll be interesting to see how many of the cast go back to their old jobs. Helo and Dee have been acting as effective Execs of two Basestars for more than a year, I can't see them going back to being Raptor GiB and Ops Gofer, respectively. Adama seems to like wearing two hats as Fleet commander and Galactica's Commander so I can't see the need for Lee to stay a Commander too, unless it's re-instated as CAG - which leaves Starbuck and Kat hanging. Then there're Gaeta and Tigh to consider too.

Plus, what about Cally and the baby? Tyrol'll take his old job back, but is a Battlestar a suitable place to raise a child? That said, it's the safest place in the RTF, if Galactica goes all the other ships won't last long.

--------------------

HerbShrump
Member # 1230

- posted      Profile for HerbShrump     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Speaking of Cylons dying many more times, with each time being more painful than the last; it seems that's the case with Cylon Resurrection. I think it was last episode in the de-breifing where the Brother Cavell (?) was telling about being left for dead by the resistance at the killing field. After describing how long it took him to die, he commneted about how painful it was this time, like a white light (or white hot poker or something).

Apparently Cylon resurrection gets more painful with each time. Cavell was saying it is starting to be no longer worth it. Maybe at some point they will reach their limit and can't come back any longer?

Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It seemed very odd that the Cylons only had two Basestars posted in orbit of New Caprica, when I'd always assumed they had dozens of them. Apparently in future episodes we'll be finding out what's tying up the rest of the Cylon fleet. I wonder if this means the RTF isn't the only remnant of human civilisation?

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
And I still want an active old-skool Centurion to show up -- with the right sound effects and everything.
I think I'd like to see that too at some point, though I wonder if it would be more interesting if they find an old Pre-war cylon that's still loyal the the colonies.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That would be cool - but I'd hate to see an old-style Cylon, if that meant we saw a dude in a black leotard with plastic armor tied onto him. The old style seriously does not fit in with the new anymore.

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Lee
Member # 393

I'm sure they can do a lot better with prosthetics these days.

--------------------

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd be happy to just hear them say "By your command" again.

Have we ever heard them use a distance unit before? I can't remember any. It's interesting that when the Galactica jumps into the atmosphere, Helo says "altitude 99,000", but conveniently leaves off a unit (unless I heard wrong). I would assume they're using feet, but you never know.

HerbShrump
Member # 1230

- posted      Profile for HerbShrump     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lee:

It'll be interesting to see how many of the cast go back to their old jobs. Helo and Dee have been acting as effective Execs of two Basestars for more than a year, I can't see them going back to being Raptor GiB and Ops Gofer, respectively. Adama seems to like wearing two hats as Fleet commander and Galactica's Commander so I can't see the need for Lee to stay a Commander too, unless it's re-instated as CAG - which leaves Starbuck and Kat hanging. Then there're Gaeta and Tigh to consider too.

My guess... Lee will be second-in-command because Tigh's going to sink into a deep depression and fall way deep into the bottle.
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps