Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » BSG 3x04 - "Exodus Pt. 2" (Page 4)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: BSG 3x04 - "Exodus Pt. 2"
Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lee as XO makes no sense in military parlance, as you can't have family members as part of any ship or base's top chain of command. With D and H hanging around, if Tigh were incapacitated (though the previews suggest otherwise), there are a few choices for XO beyond your own son.

What I'd like to see is the gang find, or adapt another smaller ship to be used on missions where the Galactica is too big to go. They supposedly have a fandom warship design in the fleet; I say build that up and give our heroes more options to get into dark, grim trouble.

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Exactly which part of space do you think is too small for Galactica to fit into?
bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Innerspace.

I'd just like to state for the record that Galactica jumping into atmo was about the coolest thing, evar!

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I already said that!
HerbShrump
Member # 1230

- posted      Profile for HerbShrump     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mark Nguyen:
Lee as XO makes no sense in military parlance, as you can't have family members as part of any ship or base's top chain of command. With D and H hanging around, if Tigh were incapacitated (though the previews suggest otherwise), there are a few choices for XO beyond your own son.

Under normal circumstances that would make sense. But these aren't normal circumstances. 12, no, 13 worlds now have been devestated and/or overran by the enemy and all of humanity (from their point of view) are huddled for survivle in a rag-tag fleet.

No home port. No base. No top brass. It's a different ballgame.

Plus, this is television. When has any TV series stuck true with military parlance and protocol for the entire run?
quote:

What I'd like to see is the gang find, or adapt another smaller ship to be used on missions where the Galactica is too big to go. They supposedly have a fandom warship design in the fleet; I say build that up and give our heroes more options to get into dark, grim trouble.

Mark

I agree. I'd love to see some of these ships in the fleet converted to more "military" ships and not civillian vessels. A fleet like this would need more military support than one battlestar and fighters.

Something else I was wondering today. Where are they getting their food? Do they have enough space on the agro ships to grow enough to feed everyone? We've not seen many episodes dealing with food shorages or other supply issues. This is something we should see from time to time. I did love the tylium mining episode from the first season. We should have more episodes like that from time to time.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Look, they're not going to start playing "rotating XOs." I think Adama is convinced that Tigh is going to return to his post as XO, and he's not going to demote Tigh to a lesser post on the ship. I think Helo will remain as XO -- for the sake of consistancy for the crew -- until Tigh is ready to resume his post.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

OnToMars
Now on to the making of films!
Member # 621

- posted      Profile for OnToMars     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by HerbShrump:
When has any TV series stuck true with military parlance and protocol for the entire run?

The Battlestar Galactica miniseries.

--------------------
If God didn't want us to fly, he wouldn't have given us Bernoulli's Principle.

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
SG-1's pretty good with it. They have very strong ties with the USAF and have an active officer on staff as a military technical advisor.

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, that was very cool when they got General Ryan and General Jumper to be on the show when they were the Air Force Chief of Staff.
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not, of course, that one single SG-1 fan knew who these people were prior to their (much-advertised) cameos, let alone what they look like.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I knew what Ryan looked like before, and I actually (briefly) met Jumper once before his cameo. And I'm not even in the Air Force!
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps