Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Razor (Battlestar Galactica) $$$$$poilers (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Razor (Battlestar Galactica) $$$$$poilers
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Apparently this is airing in November.
Check out the Teaser and the preview

I think there's a rumour that the old model cylons will show up.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What's the figure behind Adama at the end of the preview? Maybe it's just wishful thinking, but your mention of old style Cylons has got me thinking it looks like a reimagined version of Lucifer's IL-series model.

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well the old school Cylon appears to be encased in a glass display. Maybe Adama was visiting the hanger which was converted into a museum.
Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The old Cylons will show up - but apparently some or all of them will be CG-format to mesh better with the existing newer-style ones.

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I might be hearing things but I swear I can hear the Cylon/KITT "whoosh whoosh" sound effect when Adama walks in front of the old museum centurion.

Hang on, wasn't the museum/starboard landing bay de-pressurised when the heavy raider crashed through the big window? Or were the Vipers etc kept down in the launch bays? I forget.

Also according to wiki (not the best source of info, I know) the movie will show a flashback to Cains childhood where she witnesses her the death of her parents. I suppose it would be too cute to wonder if they'll get one of the Bridges to play her father. [Wink]

[ July 11, 2007, 01:36 PM: Message edited by: Reverend ]

--------------------

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I always assumed that the Viper MKII were on display at the museum and where somehow moved to the other hanger.
MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The museum squadron was stored in the starboard hangar, where the launch bay had been turned into a gift shop. They were all moved over to the port pod for combat prep and launching way back in the miniseries. The starboard pod was pretty much always abandoned and unused.

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There was a big article about this at, I don't know, Ain't It Cool News probably, awhile ago. Or maybe somewhere better. But anyway.

Hey, here we go. A month old, though, so perhaps out of date/debunked now, I don't know.

Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't trust their creative use of sound effects in the teaser. I remember the teaser for TNG's "Schisms"... For the flashes we saw of the subspace aliens' domain, they put the BROMMBROMMBROMMBROMM sound of the Whalesong Probe from Star Trek IV over them. I was stoked. I recognized it immediately and wondered what it might mean. Watched the episode. That sound was nowhere in it.

--Jonah

--------------------
"That's what I like about these high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

--David "Woody" Wooderson, Dazed and Confused

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll obviously watch it, but I'm not sure I can get excited about it all: it all seems like a bit of a combination of In The Beginning and Thirdspace to me. . .

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Which was good and crap, in that order.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Peregrinus:
Don't trust their creative use of sound effects in the teaser. I remember the teaser for TNG's "Schisms"... For the flashes we saw of the subspace aliens' domain, they put the BROMMBROMMBROMMBROMM sound of the Whalesong Probe from Star Trek IV over them. I was stoked. I recognized it immediately and wondered what it might mean. Watched the episode. That sound was nowhere in it.

--Jonah

A bit like the BBC sexing up an advert with the Queen in it where she looks like she's storming out of a photography sitting, when it's actually footage of her politely arriving. [Big Grin]

Upon reflection, it's very obvious that the Cylon in the teaser is just the one in the glass display cabinet. The sound effects and my own wishful thinking made me think it was something way more exciting. [Frown] Oh well, hopefully that article is correct and we'll see some good scenes of the first war.

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

Oh I know it's taken out of context - it is a trailer after all - I just thought it was oddly cool and somewhat menacing to hear the sound effect combined with that image, especially if you consider I'm not much of an original series fan.

However, the fact that Adama is in the Museum (which has gone unmentioned since the mini) lends credence the the idea we'll get to see a Cylon War flashback, since why else would he be there except to reminisce?

--------------------

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How could you possibly think it a good idea to use "sexing up" and "the Queen" in the same sentence?
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
SPOILERS MANS:

Though, not so much spoilers as, isn't this what has already been talked about?

The classic Cylons show up in at least one place: Admiral Cain's girlhood memories. (I mean, you know, as portrayed by flashback. Classic Cylons are probably in most of the characters' memories.)

I guess that is it. Oh, Cain totally kisses a girl maybe, and then comes to really regret it.

I was sure I was reading somewhere how the old Cylons are more or less the classic design, but done with CG like the new ones so that the way they walk and stuff doesn't stand out.

My questions are: is this movie thing a separate entity, budgetwise? I don't want the last season to get shortchanged because of the movie, and then not have enough money to do a scene with fifty Cylons standing around arguing with themselves. Plus, you know, explosions as needed.

Also, originally I was under the impression that the film was going to be the story of the Pegasus before, during, and after the attack. But there's a lot of Adama and co. in that teaser. So is there some sort of framing device? Scenes set on Galactica during the time the miniseries was busy on Caprica?

Sidenote: rumors about season four sound interesting, but I'm not sure that they're what I want, exactly, even though they seem like good stories.

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps