Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Razor (Battlestar Galactica) $$$$$poilers (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Razor (Battlestar Galactica) $$$$$poilers
Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm hoping Ron Moore is enough of a fanboy to have the Cylons -- flashback or not -- actually speak. God's knickers I love those voices...

--Jonah

--------------------
"That's what I like about these high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

--David "Woody" Wooderson, Dazed and Confused

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It could work...maybe. If the dialogue is kept reasonably straight forward and know one is called "Imperious Leader" - which I'm pretty sure is an insult, strictly speaking - it could work.

The acknowledgement "by your command" has been used once already, so it could be used I suppose and it would make sense that the Cylons that were meant to directly work with humans would be given basic speech function, other wise you'd need to carry around a text display devise whenever you want to communicate with a toaster. I suppose you could argue that the very reason that "modern" centurions do not speak is because the skinjobs don't want them too. Perhaps it reminds them of their slave origins or maybe it's another way to make sure they don't rebel themselves by restricting their communication as well as their ability to distinguish skinjobs from each other.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've heard from a Moore interview that Razor will have a separate budget from the season. It has its own pile of money.

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's a press release excerpt:

In anticipation of the premiere of SCI FI's stunning two-hour event, Battlestar Galactica: Razor, the Channel will whet viewers' appetites with an eight-week series of exclusive 2-3 minute mini-sodes. Premiering in October on SCI FI during primetime, these promotional shorts will lead into the November 24 premiere of Razor, a special extended episode that will provide a backdrop to events that will take place in the rest of season four of Galactica. Written by Michael Taylor, and directed by Wayne Rose and Felix Alcala, these shorts will provide a sneak peek into the original Cylon War, when a young pilot named William Adama (Nico Cortez) discovers a dangerous Cylon weapon that will come back to haunt him and his crew 40 years later. Filmed as part of the extended episode, the mini-sodes will be included in the unrated Universal Home Video release of Razor. They will also be available on SCIFI.COM after their on-air debuts. Battlestar Galactica: Razor will tell the story of Lee Adama's (Jamie Bamber) first mission as commander of the Battlestar Pegasus and will reveal the story of how Admiral Cain (Michelle Forbes) served her ship during the original Cylon attack on the Colonies.

(Webisodes? Minisodes? Bruce Sterling says you can tell when something is hot when a wall of ugly neologisms gets thrown at it.)

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wasn't TOO enthused by the webisodes from last year... but I'm truly hoping that this FINALLY means we get to see Galactica, or a ship like it, in all her pristine glory, all her hull plates intact, and all her flight decks a workin'. [Smile]

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Jeff
Member # 1943

- posted      Profile for Jeff     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Speaking of DVDs, has there been any word on a releae date for Season 3 on DVD?
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Region 2 is set for early September I think.

--------------------

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's Gateworld's article on the minisodes... clicky

Although that excites me, I'm more excited about the Farscape web series! Its about frelling time! [Big Grin]

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

the frelling whatnow!?

--------------------

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Fans will return to the Farscape universe in an original Web series, set to be released on SCIFI.com. The 10-part series is executive produced by Brian Henson and Robert Halmi, Jr., and produced by The Jim Henson Company in association with RHI Entertainment. "The series will revive and expand the beloved Farscape universe," according to the network.

No word yet on just which actors or characters will be involved in the project, or just when it will arrive. After being unceremoniously cancelled after four seasons, the critically-acclaimed Farscape (starring Stargate SG-1's Ben Browder and Claudia Black) returned in 2004 for the 4-hour miniseries Farscape: The Peacekeeper Wars.

Funny, these days every time I think of Farscape I immediately remember being in a restaurant in London, maybe a Pizza Express or a Zizzi's, with my wife-to-be and the friend we were about to ask to be my best man, sometime in 2001 and then suddenly realising I'd forgotten to put "Die Me Dichotomy" on to tape that night. Very annoying. Still haven't seen it, so I've no idea how Aeryn turns out to still be alive. And, damn those season-by-season box-sets are expensive, I'm fucked if I'm paying �99.99 each.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

Where did you see them going for a hundred squids?
I bought them all on Amazon last year and I think they were about �35, 40 tops.

(EDIT)

Actually, Amazon marketplace has the whole series going for �145. link
That's a bargin mate.

--------------------

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They used to cost .2 of a monkey everywhere, and I'm sure I've seen them in HMV still priced at that.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HMV has season 1 of Joey priced at �50, nuff said.

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

Well that's HMV for you. I buy just about all my DVDs from AmazonUK now, ever since MVC went out of business.

--------------------

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
.2 of a monkey? Really? I'll have to write that down.
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps