Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » $$ BSG Razor Webisodes $$ (Page 3)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: $$ BSG Razor Webisodes $$
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Same goes for the salamander looking flight helmets, best not to dwell on minutiae.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mars Needs Women:
Well I have some good news. The new season of BSG won't start until April. Okay that was bad news.

I've been hearing that Sky One in the UK will still be showing it in January. In a way, I hope this isn't true. Myself and other Brits would be able to see it on TV, but I'm sure many American viewers would download it, which can only hurt the US ratings when it premieres in April.

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some interesting pics & info here:
http://www.galactica.tv/battlestar-galactica-2003---interviews/gary-hutzel-galactica.tv-interview.html

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
These shots are definitely getting stored in the hard drive. I like the Rob Bonchune Basestar.
Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First a WTF? But at Reverend. You think those flight suits look like those in the original BSG? o_O Couldn't disagree more.

I love the old-school designs. The Columbia looks so much like the original Galactica it made me sad. [Frown] But I'm really liking this, and am glad they're on the Sci-Fi Channel's website, so I don't have to watch Flash Gordon to see them.

--Jonah

--------------------
"That's what I like about these high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

--David "Woody" Wooderson, Dazed and Confused

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, I meant that they changed helmets from the salamander looking ones from the mini, to what they have now midway through season 2 and now seam to be using the "new" ones in the flashbacks two. I don't know how you thought I was going on about the original series helmet.

--------------------

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny:
I've been hearing that Sky One in the UK will still be showing it in January. In a way, I hope this isn't true. Myself and other Brits would be able to see it on TV, but I'm sure many American viewers would download it, which can only hurt the US ratings when it premieres in April.

Yes, this would be disastrous, because then they might cancel the show and we wouldn't get a season 5. Oh, wait. . .

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didn't think you were going on about the helmets.

quote:
Originally posted by Reverend:
I do like how the old flight suits are somewhat similar to those from the original series.

quote:
Originally posted by Peregrinus:
You think those flight suits look like those in the original BSG?

We were both talking about the flight suits, I thought. I already gathered from the flashbacks that the helmet was nothing like that of the original BSG, so I didn't think you were addressing that. [Razz]

--Jonah

--------------------
"That's what I like about these high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

Yes, that would be me not paying attention. Since my last post was about the helmets, I just assumed incorrectly. [Wink]

Yeah, anyway, the flight suits do have something of an original series look to them, with the shiny trim and padded chest piece. Can't say as I can exactly recall what the original looked like so I don't know how they compare, but it felt original seriesy, in a cape wearing shampoo advert kind of way.

--------------------

Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lee:
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny:

Yes, this would be disastrous, because then they might cancel the show and we wouldn't get a season 5. Oh, wait. . .
Of course it won't hurt it from the viewers' point of view, but don't you think it'd be a shame if BSG's last season got crap ratings in the US because of this? I think it deserves better.

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now, I have to admit that my knowledge of the Neilsen (or is it Nielsen?) system is limited, as is my knowledge of exactly how well BSG has done sccording to them. But I still maintain it won't matter. The show is ending, and presumably they're taking advantage of that to ensure it ends well, so potential for the concept to be carried on in some format (theatrical/televsion films, spinoff shows, games) may be extremely limited, and therefore not beholden to said ratings. Everyone who watches the show will still watch the show, the powers that be just won't have their little so many million/such a little percentage figure to judge it by, and we all know how meaningless those numbers are to how WE think of the show.

Perhaps, if they're faced with the reverse of the normal aituation, in that the "domestic" audience prefers not to wait for it to eventually come to their screens but gets t via the internet (just as we in the "international" audience have traditionally - or at least recently! - had to) they'll start to come round to the idea that their old system (of networks commissioning or cancelling shows under the sway of the advertising industry) isn't viable anymore. Fight the power!

Basically, they need to start thinking of the foreign sales as more than just an additional bonus. Quite often a show is sold abroad as a package deal, so much per episode and with an agreement to purchase so many episodes or seasons, regardless of quality or how it's doing in the North American market. It's then up to the foreign channels to make that money back on their broadcasts, and if the show turns out not to be popular with foreign tastes, then they don't get to ask for their money back. Quite often they might end up writing off their expenditure, especially if they buy a show that is then subsequently cancelled in the US.

To conclude, then: we, well, you need to move away from this notion that the ratings can possibly be the sole indicator of a show's success. Because they aren't, and they're meaningless anyway: how many shows can we think of that were cancelled despite high-ish ratings, for some other stoud reason like "It's not reaching our target demographic. . ."

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

...or for that matter shows that kept on going no matter how crap they got. Andromeda LEAPS to mind.

--------------------

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey they're having advance screenings of Razor in certain cities.

http://blog.wired.com/underwire/2007/10/battlestar-fans.html

Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

quote:
Originally posted by Reverend:
Can't say as I can exactly recall what the original looked like so I don't know how they compare, but it felt original seriesy, in a cape wearing shampoo advert kind of way.

-

Usually with the jacket buckled whilst in the cockpit. Enjoy. [Big Grin]

--Jonah

--------------------

HerbShrump
Member # 1230

- posted      Profile for HerbShrump     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I always wanted a jacket that fastened like that.
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps