Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Ron Moore has made a liar out of me... ("Cro$$road$, Part II" $poiler$, duh!) (Page 4)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Ron Moore has made a liar out of me... ("Cro$$road$, Part II" $poiler$, duh!)
Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's obviously the same source that has modern-day EVERYTHING showing up in the series all the time...

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very Jungian, I like it.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That guy had some neat music. Providing he's the dude I'm thinking of. Crusade guy?

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nope, Evan Chen did Crusade.

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Mucus
Member # 24

- posted      Profile for Mucus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For the record, I think Reverend is referring to Carl Jung and the theory of the collective unconsciousness.
As in http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carl_Jung

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well spotted that man!

Depending on exactly when Galactic is based would determine if this is a collective unconsious phenomenon (Bo-Boo-Bo-Do-Bup) or a genetic race memory. If it's our future & we were the original Lords of Kobol (as some have suggested) then it's probably a race memory. If it's contempory then all the Humvees, flintlocks, portable DVD players, 60's style microphones, cigar lighters and sailing ships are probably in the collective unconsious.

That is if I understand the distinction propperly...which I don't think I do.

Then there's always the possibility that the Vorlons created Bob Dylans on a hundred worlds to act as cannon fodder in the next anti-war movment.

--------------------

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"All Along The Watchtower" is one of my favourite songs, so I noticed when the first line was used in Part I, I think. And loved it when it made its full appearance in Part II. So the notion that it's meant to stand-in for a Colonial song is really a cop-out. That song could only be written by Bob Dylan - write you own bloody Colonial pop song, ursine composer-person!

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07085/770732-352.stm

It could be a smokescreen, but it would seem to indicate that Starbuck is not intended to be the Final Cylon.

Nice to know I'm not the only person to notice the glow around Apollo and think "Ship of Light!"

I liked Romo Lampkin. I wonder if Kevin Spacey in K-PAX was an inspiration for the way the character was written/played?

About the coda in that link above - after seeing the ep last night (I've been way behind) I was thinking that for a season finale/cliff-hanger, this easily topped "Lay Down Your Burdens." And that really Season Four will probably be the last. There's only one Cylon left to discover, and you have a character who knows the way to Earth (I read that scene to indicate she was going to take Apollo there, right now, just the two of them, but I guess she really meant the whole fleet, eventually). I think they'd do well to make the most of the 22 eps plus telemovie to end the show on a real high. If that means we lose some of the character-driven semi-filler stand-alone eps along the lines of "Dee goes on a journey of self-discovery and conquers her personal demons and reconciles with Lee while fixing a problem with the Galactica waste-disposal system," then so be it.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sorry to hear that Galactica had low ratings, it's such a good show. Has this been the case since the show's beginning or has it started since the show changed schedule? Either way we won't have to wait so long for Galactica cause Ron Moore seems that indicate that they'll be some mini-season which involves Admiral Cain and the Pegasus.
Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it had low ratings because there were too many filler episodes along the lines of what Lee described. The beginning and ending of season 3 were fantastic, but in the middle they just seemed to coast along with soap opera storylines usually centering on the love quadrangle between Lee, Kara, Anders and Dee. I for one prefer stories that make use of the apocalyptic holocaust, the struggle to survive, and the other sci-fi elements(which is why I found the beginning and end of the season more enjoyable) than stories which have been told in countless other shows.

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

Personally I rather like to episodes that address the realities of being a civilisation on the run (aswell as the smash bang ones of course) and all the internal political & social strife that ensues.
To be fair though, I can't point to any specific episode and say it was especially bad, like say "Black Market" in Season 2. Just a general lowering of the average quality and interest across the season.
Mind you, it was always going to be hard to follow the New Caprica arc, no matter what. Perhaps they were wise to take a step back to allow for the fantastic cliff hanger that is "Crossroads".

--------------------

Lee
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This year's mid-season non-arc eps have seemed less relevant than last year's, with more soap-operatical A-stories at the expense of the gritty-civilisation-on-the-run B-stories.

--------------------

Lee
Member # 393

http://www.vh1.com/movies/news/articles/1556508/20070405/story.jhtml

The Fynol Cylon (!) isn't Adama Snr. or Roslin. Unless he's telling porkies. And not Starbuck either.

Can we reasonably assume that a) the last one is female (based on that image I used for a CapCom), meaning the final total is 7 male, 5 female; and b) whoever it is wasn't on Galactica at the end of this ep, since otherwise they would have joined the singalaongaDylan session in the gym?

If so, that would rule out Cally, Dualla and Seelix (who looked like she might have heard the music, when it first appeared in the bar, when Tigh was tuning the radio and she was playing Pyramid with Anders; it would explain why she was so pissed off about Anders & Tori, why be jealous of her when she wasn't, that we saw, about Starbuck?) but not Racetrack (assuming we never saw her hearing the music but she did, but couldn't go along because she had to scramble her Raptor).

--------------------

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From an earlier post of mine:
quote:
Originally posted by B.J.:
.....So these are the candidates I came up with, from least likely to most likely:

4 - Racetrack - This is assuming she was in the trailing Raptor again when the fleet jumped and had their power outage. Athough she has done a lot for the fleet (and deserves a frakin' medal IMO), keeping this one from us wouldn't have much impact.

3 - Laura Roslin - I'm not ruling her out because of her reaction just before the fleet went *ACK*. The cancer and/or chamalla may have been interfering with her reception of the song. But her as a Cylon would be a bit much.

2 - Admiral Caine - Possible, and would be an interesting choice, but I don't think her personality fits too well with the others.

1 - Ellen Tigh - Definitely the #1 choice for me. Could also explain why she and Saul never had any kids. I don't think it would diminish the impact of what Saul did on New Caprica at the time, and could certainly change his motivation in the future.

Lee
Member # 393

Yes, your post was an inspiration in making mine, but I forgot about referencing it directly. It seems to me that having someone now-dead be revealed as the last one might be a bit of a cop out. Could be Kat. . ! But apparently hints have been dropped as to who it is. If only we knew when and where they were dropped. . .

--------------------

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe they'll drop us a few more hints in the upcoming Pegasus movie.
  This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps