Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » $$ BSG 4x02: Six of One $$ (Page 3)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: $$ BSG 4x02: Six of One $$
Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pensive's Wetness:
quote:
Originally posted by MinutiaeMan:
One interesting bit of detail: we finally know the numbers for all of the primary seven Cylon models:

- 1 Cavil
- 2 Leoben
- 3 D'Anna
- 4 Simon
- 5 Doral
- 6 Well, duh.
- 8 Sharon
- 10 (Tigh)
- 12 (Adders)
- 13 (The Cylon Raiders?)(Humanity?)

Why are you skipping 7 and inventing 13?

Three could have apologized to Anders because she almost shot him, or Tigh because he got the shit tortured out of him. Or she could've been apologizing to the Final One whom we haven't yet seen.

Tigh is *old.* Adama's known him for years and he has a military record going through two wars. The Cylons weren't even invented yet when Tigh was 'born' - and apparently the Final Five can actually age and Galen had actual parents etc etc...It seems to me they're fundamentally different from the Significant Seven. And they were created earlier. The "old" Centurions seem to have created the Hybrids and Humanoids on their own through medical experimentation...yet the Humanoids refer to the programmers...and then there are these older Humanoids who seem totally different but have later model numbers (assuming they were assigned sequentially anyway). So I'm just *REALLY FRAKKIN' CONFUSED.*

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Tigh is *old.* Adama's known him for years and he has a military record going through two wars. The Cylons weren't even invented yet when Tigh was 'born' - and apparently the Final Five can actually age and Galen had actual parents etc etc...
Bill didn't meet Saul until about 12 years AFTER the armistice, washed up and serving on a merchant freighter. As for his military record, I'm sure it's as real as Boomer's were. As for the Chief's parents, I'm sure he remembers them just as clearly as Boomer remembered her past before serving on Galactica.

As for who the "Programmers" were, I imagine they were the Old Centurions that put the new infrastructure in place. That is the cyborg Raiders, skinjobs and MK2 Hybrids. My suspicion is that the minds of those old Centurions were transferred into the bodies that we know as the final five. Why they would leave the other Cylons and program them not to think about them. I think an eight even said something about the "mystery of their origins" which indicates the Cylons knocking around today don't even know who programmed them or why. Either that or it's a tie-in to the new Caprica series.
Whatever happened with the programmers/final five, happened no more than 12 years after the war as that's earliest time we KNOW one of them was living in the colonies.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Daniel Butler:
Why are you skipping 7 and inventing 13?

Seven is skipped because it is unassigned. Probably invented 13 because there's a 13th everything...

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Because 7 ate 9.
WizArtist II
"How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock? "
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Watch this turn out to be Earthlings are the programmers and creators of the new Cylons with Retsin!

I just have this feeling that this is going to end up with a disappointing or cliche' ending.

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it's more likely it will be more disappointing than cliched. It might have some ambiguous WTF ending which presents more questions than answers.
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hate numerical cannibals.

I find myself pondering who the last Cylon could possibly be and after a browse on the Battlestar Wiki, I'm wondering if it might be Kendra Shaw.
Why? Well we know it's not Kara or Baltar since A) Too obvious and B) The final Cylon supposedly isn't at that "last supper" photo. Secondly there's that bit in the end of Razor where the Hybrid says this...
quote:
Soon there will be four, glorious in awakening, struggling with the knowledge of their true selves. The pain of revelation bringing new clarity and in the midst of confusion, he will find her. Enemies brought together by impossible longing. Enemies now joined as one. The way forward at once unthinkable, yet inevitable. And the fifth, still in shadow, will claw toward the light, hungering for redemption that will only come in the howl of terrible suffering.
I don't think any character (not counting the ones ruled out already) fit's that description quite as much as dose Shaw. Also the "in the midst of confusion, he will find her." is intriguing.
Of course you can argue that she had a nuke blow up in her face, but then didn't Starbuck's Viper get crushed by huge atmospheric pressure and blow up? Even if she ejected; if it did that to metal, think what it'd do to flesh and bone. Yet she's back and not a Cylon, so it's in the realms of possibility.
I could be and probably am wrong of course, but it's a nice thought. Mostly I can't think of anyone else interesting enough to be the Final One. Gaeta? Seelix? Cottle? Racetrack? I doubt it.
Zarek is currently a very close #2 on my list of prime suspects. #3 #4 are Ellen and Billy respectively, although again, they're also "deceased" characters.
Logically I suppose Zarek is more likely, but I suspect the final one will be a woman. For starters, including Tory, there are only four female models out of the twelve. If you're of the mind that there's some symmetry to the various groups of 12 (Olympians/Lords, Cylons, Colonies and Constellations) then it should be worth noting that out of the Twelve Olympians...Ah, six of them are women (Hera, Demeter, Aphrodite, Athena, Artemis and Hestia).

Actually, I wonder what parallels we can find. It's too late for me to the research right now, but I'll try and dig up the vital facts and see what parallels can be drawn.

--------------------

shikaru808
T-t-t-t-today, JUNIOR!
Member # 2080

- posted      Profile for shikaru808     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good bit of research. But Shaw wasn't much of a well played out character but I see your reasoning.

However, Billy FTW

--------------------
"Its coming on. I just saw the wall move..."

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

quote:
Also the "in the midst of confusion, he will find her." is intriguing.
Scratch that. It's clearly a reference to Starbuck's return.

--------------------

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Close up (well, relatively) pictures taken at the time of "Rapture" indicate that two of the Five are female, but since they're obviously stand-ins in those shots, and not the actors, and none of these close-ish shots were seen onscreen there's no real reason to say they have to adhere to that.

In hindsight it'll seem balatantly obvious who the protoHybrid was referring to, but at present his words could apply to just about anyone. And, to be frank, to first reveal that four of the Five are well-known characters, and then to later introduce a new character, and even later reveal her as the last of the Five - it's cheating.

So, a character, possibly female, who needs redemption. Ellen Tigh has been at the top of everyone's lists for so long, I doubt it'd be her (although I've seen BTS shots taken quite recently of her on-set, so she's making a return of some kind, presumably flashbacks for Saul, unless he's getting a Head-Ellen). I'm thinking Helena Cain. . .

That said, I don't FEEL it's Helena Cain. One day, way back in early 1991, I just suddenly realised who killed Laura Palmer, but couldn't explain how I knew (I was right). I figured out who the Ice-Truck Killer was in Dexter just last week - the reveal episode was this week (yes, we're way behind in the UK, but I'm enjoying the novelty of actually watching a show on TV for once). I'm just waiting for that bolt of lightning to strike. The clues are there, apparently, I just need to put them together. But I'm also strangely drawn to Cally, despite the reasons why not her.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

I'd rule out Cally altogether. Mostly because she already has a half Cylon child and having him turn out to be a full Cylon would be pushing things a bit too much. Also, out of all the characters she's the quintessential innocent of the group, not a person I feel is in need of redemption.

Kat would certainly be a contender if she hadn't already redeemed herself. Cain...I agree, it doesn't fell right for her. I suppose Dee has had enough exposure to justify her being a Cylon without cheating, but then again, like Cally she hasn't done anything in need of redemption (as far as we know) except maybe messing poor Billy around.

--------------------

WizArtist II
"How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock? "
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wonder if it will be Laura Roslin

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

No, it won't.

--------------------

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

Also I think Cally might die tonight.
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One thing: RDM revealed in one interview that the Final Cylon isn't in the Last Supper pic (although there is a space at the table to represent him/her). He then admitted he wished he hadn't, presumably because it does limit the options.

Or does it? I've always held that the F1 can't be one of the major characters, because they were all on Galactica during the reveal of the F4, and so should have been summoned and turned up at the same time.

Unless the F1 isn't the same as the F4 - he/she is a whole level above them, just as they are (seemingly) a whole level above the rest of the Cylons. A Cyber-Controller! The Architect! God, as played by Dirk Benedict! Keyser Soze!

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps