Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Sarah Conner Chronicles $$$$eason 2 (Page 2)

This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  11  12  13   
Author Topic: Sarah Conner Chronicles $$$$eason 2
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But everyone who knows anything about the Terminators are constantly telling us she has no soul and never will. That she doesn't feel anything. It's possible that her chip is set to write and that she's slowly learning. Or she maybe have some other mission directives. Remember, the terminators are infilitration units. They're built to observe and mimic human behavior.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Consider the sources. Derek; a resistance fighter and Sarah; who's been hunted by two of these things.
I do find it odd though that they seam to have forgotten about Uncle Bob.
As for being infiltrators; by all accounts they don't mimic human behaviour very well. But then remember that they're designed to infiltrate resistance bunkers where the lack of a personality is a non-issue, given the environment.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm still thinking that there's something about Cameron that makes her different from all the other Terminators. Her programming... her model number... something. John had some special reason for sending her back to protect himself. I just don't want it to turn into a "The Enterprise is All of a Sudden a Lifeform" kind of thing. If she develops the ability to feel, there should be a reason for it.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Didn't John flip out on Sarah and say he built Cameron? As in, he can tell that his future self built her?

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He said "made" not "built", there's a subtle difference. Having said that, it's already established that the T-888 that killed Derek's crew didn't recognise her. Then again, Derek did recognise her in the future, the implication being she (or another of the same model) was in that basement. Plus I think she specifically said she was built in the factory with all the others, right outside that old fallout shelter. Of course TechCom could have captured that factory so it's all still up in the air.

--------------------

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

She said she was built in the factory, but I don't remember her saying anything about any others. For all we know, she could be the only one of her model.

I'm hoping the story line about what happened in the basement isn't one of things that cut off by the writer's strike, never to return (like the suicide chick and the girl John started to like at his old school).

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Judging by the previews, we are going to see some of Cameron's story next week.

--------------------
Sparky::
Think!
Question Authority, Authoritatively.
“Believe nothing of what you hear, and only half of what you see.”
EMSparks

Shalamar:
To save face, keep lower half shut.

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know, since Skynet seems to have taken up sending Terminators back to replace existing individuals, it's quite possible that there's a "real" Cameron we'll meet at some point that this one was to be sent back to replace.

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That was more like it. But I'd really like to know what the McTerminatrix is up to. After all, as far as I can tell she shouldn't have any idea that a) John & Sarah Connor are alive and well fresh from 1999, and b) that the Cromartie unit has also survided and reconstituted itself and is looking for the Connors. So why her interest in Ellison? Or has her interest just been piqued by the reports of (what is obviously, to her) some sort of rogue Terminator wiping out LAPDmen by the score?

And, Terminators can't swim! Now why didn't anyone think of THAT before? They're too heavy!

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

No they can't swim. But they can stand on the shore and wait for you to come up for air, at which point a hail of gunfire would be certain to ensue.

The real Cameron, as seen in the previews, seems to be from the future (I'm still guessing John's daughter). I'm guessing SkyNet captured her and replaced her thinking to infiltrate the Resistance. But they captured her and John reprogrammed her. Maybe she was even killed or tortured in front of Derek in the basement, thus explaining why he knew she was a Terminator.

I have a theory about the T1000 as well, though I'm curious as to where the Terminator arm she showed Ellison pictures of came from. Hopefully we'll get that story later. Judgement Day and the circumstances of SkyNet's creation seem to be getting constantly altered by incursions in the past. I think the T1000's mission is make sure SkyNet gets created somehow. The Conner's took out Cyberdyne, so McT seeks out the Turk and other useful components. Naturally, having a Terminator and its chip to work with would be handy.

I don't remember her saying anything that would indicate she knows Cromartie's around (other than her knowledge of the shootout) or that the Conner's are around.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know, with liquid terminators, there's no way we can be sure when we're dealing with one unit or another. For all we know, this is Robert Patrick who somehow survived the vat of molten metal.

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did anyone else think it was very improbable with Cromartie standing in designer clothes at the funeral of Charley Dixon's arm candy? He's not a goddamned mafioso hitman, listening to Vivaldi while sniping mayors. If you see the targets and you are a terminator, you approach them and remove a tibia to facilitate negotiations.

That burial-scene reminded me of the large plot hole in Terminator 1, when Arnold is pursuing Reese and Sarah in a police car, then crashes into a concrete wall, with Sarah and Kyle pulling up next to the wreck (Sarah fumbling with the shotgun) and then the terminator FLEES? Sarah and Kyle gets arrested and spend minutes on foot before getting loaded up in police car, there's your chance!
Why the sudden shyness? You're going to shoot up a whole police station soon, and you're bothered by attention?
You're worried that you won't catch up to their car when yours is busted? Didn't seem to stop you in the alley, when you caught up to their car and punched the windshield.

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

As I recall he had a damaged arm and eye and needed to repair them first. Terminators are nothing if not patient.

--------------------

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, infiltration-type Terminators are. An Arnie model would probably just blow up the whole pier with John on. And that reliance on (or preference for) firepower is probably why he fled from the car - he had to go get his nifty Armalite'n'Franchi set (and repair himself) before re-engaging the target. Having her locked up in jail made good tactical sense, he knew exactly where she'd be.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
from what I've been reading, it's more about buoyancy. Not enough air inside. They can't weight to much or they can't pass for human.

--------------------
Sparky::
Think!
Question Authority, Authoritatively.
“Believe nothing of what you hear, and only half of what you see.”
EMSparks

Shalamar:
To save face, keep lower half shut.

This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  11  12  13   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps