Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Sarah Conner Chronicles $$$$eason 2 (Page 8)

This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13   
Author Topic: Sarah Conner Chronicles $$$$eason 2
Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wish they would reveal her purpose. I know she's a T-1000 and has no problem killing people, yet for whatever reason she's keeping that little girl alive. In T2 John was all about enforcing his "no-kill" rule on that terminator. A rule he's apparently recalled in the future with terminators.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, after watching stuff like The Wire. The Sopranso and even BSG I'd say I'm quite used to non-linear narratives, plot points that don't necessarily go anywhere (often for years, if at all) or seem relevant, and so forth. So why does TSCC seem like such a mess? Is it just me? Because right now it feels like the creators just do not know where they want to go.

The first season, well, it often doesn't seem fair to judge the show based on it because it was so curtailed, leaving very little room for filler. In fact it worked to the show's advantage! Lots of little snippets that might develop into intriguing plot-lines were laid out.

But since then it's been all over the place. Losing the high school arc was no great loss - it hardly makes sense for John's education to be so important, especially when there's a lot of other more useful stuff he could be learning. But all of a sudden that's dispensed with (Cromartie checking school records seems almost to have been their foreshadowing of it - why have JC go to one place every day?).

The introductions of Jesse and Riley were both rather abrupt but at least they managed to delay the reveal of any connection between them for a while. But now a lot of that's been knocked on the head (I'm sure more could be revealed about who else in the future shares Jesse's ideals). They almost seem to be retconning some stuff - John knew about Riley? Sure hid that well. And Sarah didn't kill that security guard despite all evidence to the contrary - in this particular case, it's almost like they decided later he was still alive, and edited already-filmed material (poorly) to reflect that. Now whatsisface, Paramedic, has been brought back just to be someone NOT Derek or Cameron (who had their own subplot this week) who Sarah could leave John with, and then get killed. They ran out of ideas for Cromartie, but arranged this weird way of keeping the character/actor on (and couldn't even kill him in a believable scenario).

I wonder, if Judgement Day is "inebidabull," then Skynet is inevitable, but the form it takes varies. Perhaps then the T-1000s have decided to tinker with time, and get their own Skynet, but with beer and hookers (in fact, forget Skynet! )? Hence when John Henry revealed to Weaver that transmnission from the place she then attacked, she took the action she did to suppress a rival for the future mantle of Skynet, rather than to plug a leak in her own organisation.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah the show is turning into a mess, but that last few episodes seem to be progressing the story along. In the latest ep another AI is attempting to contact John Henry, and it seems to have originated from Cyberdyne. Perhaps Skynet has already been activated? I do need to rewatch this season though as their have been a few eps with plots that I do not understand, like this one I saw involving some Japanese businessmen and some computer chip. And then there's that airship thing.
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah that one with the businessmen had me really confused. Then again, I was only half-watching. Damn distracting girlfriend........ [Big Grin]

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The general consensus is that the episode with Sarah in the mental hospital is the worst episode of the show, by far. There is absolutely no way that man survived. Zero. But since that episode also had no consequences, we should just all pretend that the whole van scenario was Sarah's hallucination, and the episode never happened.
Lee
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But then how did she get a transmitter implanted in her?!

--------------------

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's those wizards again!

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK... what the heck? Charlie dies saving John and blowing up a bunch of bad guys and Derek, a series regular, John's uncle, takes one in the noggin without a word from some random triple 8? Just turns the corner and pop. Like he's an extra.

That was terrible.

I like the direction they're going with the two SkyNet possibilities. And we all figured he was on his way out this season. But this was just insulting.

Weaver 1000 seems to be interested in saving human life. For some reason, she might be interested in creating a kindler, gentler SkyNet. Perhaps the line of thought is if SkyNet can be created, but not be in conflict with humanity, the conflict which will ultimately lead to SkyNet's destruction can be avoided. Of course, what do you want to bet that when Weaver meets John, she goes after him?

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe the difference between Glaswegian-1000 and Old Skynet is like the difference between movie-Sauron and book-Sauron; in the movies, he's shown as wanting to kill the free peoples, while in the book his goal is ultimately about control.
So perhaps neo-Skynet will simply be satisfied with complete control over all traffic lights on earth, and will love it.

Me and a few of my office colleagues have actually been following BSG, Chuck, Burn Notice and "Sarah Connor" during lunches for the last 18 months. Therefore, the logical question on my mind right now is, when are we going to see a Terminator or rebel Tricia Helfer? :.)

I'll bet you eight buckazoids Mrs Legs will be at least a guest star in the next season, a finger in every pie.

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If there is a next season of course. We're one episode away from the finale and as far as I can tell not a peep as to the likelihood of a new season. Mind you, I gather the ratings have recently been on the up, so there's always that last minute brand of hope.

And while we're putting money down, I'd put a tenner on Elison not making it out of the finale outside of a body bag. Either Weaver or Cameron, one of them is bound to scrag him.

As for Derek, yeah, that was a bit of a Tasha Yar moment, but then if this were a Joss Whendon show I wouldn't have been totally shocked, he's notorious for those kind of ran-
*gets impaled by a spike*

--------------------

Lee
Member # 393

The show does seem to be picking up. Why, I could even have sworn Shirley Manson was actually acting at one point! False alarm though, it was just interference on my screen.

--------------------

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I could've sworn the same thing with John Henry. [Wink]
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

Just remembered, the bit where Savannah tells Weaver sing was a bit of a fourth wall breaker. The kid must mustn't have heard one of her songs.

--------------------

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I haven't read this thread so excuse me if I repeat something, but I think John Henry admitted to being a Christ figure in 2x20...
Lee
Member # 393

I think there was a bit of a blooper in this episode - they refer to Sarah Connors' supposed death in 1999 as being "eight years ago" but establish the date is now 2009. Or did I imagine that?
  This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps