Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Sarah Conner Chronicles $$$$eason 2 (Page 3)

This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  11  12  13   
Author Topic: Sarah Conner Chronicles $$$$eason 2
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You do have to do a certain amount of hand-waving on this show, and not just over the motives & plans of Terminators in general and Skynet in particular.

There's the overall way the gang spend their lives on the run. This week they were buying new computers, but in huge boxes - surely small-but-powerful laptops would be the way to go, after all they are on the run? Then there's the fact that despite Sarah Connor once being a fairly high-profile most-wanted terrorist, who blew up a computer reserahc company and a bank (seemingly dying in the latter). Yet just eight years ago, she's appearing on local TV as part of an apparent nudist streaking collective, yet no-one has recognised her from that, blogged about it or whatever, and probably informed the FBI of their suspicions? And despite George Lazlo's new fame he's able to move around without one person not-approaching-but-calling-the-police?

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
People see what they want to see. If people are apparently dead, especially for eight years, it's quite possible no random stranger will make a big enough deal about it to inform anyone. As for the computers, John has demonstrated a need for desktops in the past, when working with Vick's chip. Now, why that would plug straight into a PCI port, we may never know. [Smile]

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
People have short memories too. You'd think by now someone would have mentioned the "phone book killer", given the Sarah Conner connection.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Lee
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Of course, a lot of that stuff happened in the pre-internet years, so could be regarded as history and therefore of no/little interest to most people. In the UK we have a strong field of television series looking at recent historical events, unusual occurences etc., sometimes sensationally, sometimes not. If you ever watch the kind of documentaries they show on BBC America, you'll know the kind of thing I mean.

I'd never heard of the Unabomber until the day they caught him. Fact.

And let's look at what the facts appear to be in this case: in 1984, a serial killer seemingly targets all women from the LA phone book with the same one name. Two are killed, a third is rescued by police after apparently having been kidnapped (and her flatmate killed) by someone who might (or might not) have been the Phone Book Killer - although there are reports of another man, perhaps an accomplice, who shot up a club the woman was at. This accomplice later attacks the police station, kiling many officers, and enabling the suspect (who had displayed some very psychotic delusions) to escape with the woman. The suspect is later found dead at a factory, but his victim survives. The accomplice is never found.

In 1994 (later retconned to 1997 it seems) the Conner woman re-appears with a son, and now seems to be suffering fromt he same delusions her abductor/would-be murderer displayed. She attempts to carry out various acts of urban terrorism directed at one company, and is institutionalised and her son taken into care. Soon after the unidentified accomplice from 1984 reappears and, with her son, helps her escape and perform a successful bombing of the company she had previously targeted, killing the company's resident genius at the same time. Although no-one else is killed, several unattributed deaths at around this time - a police patrolman, the foster parents of the Connor woman's son, a security guard at the institution - might be connected to the mystery man's rampage. The Connor woman leaves a mysterious trail of destruction from the office building to a nearby foundry and vanishes. Two years later, she, with her son, an unidentified girl and another man (perhaps the 1984 accomplice, but not positively identified as such) die in a botched bank robbery.

Is it likely that any one person might remember/collate all that info, and then put it on the web, or as a excerpt on America's Most Wanted or Serial Killers Do The Funniest Things?

--------------------

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So Cameron is based on a resistance fighter from John's camp. I thought the interrogation to "get to know you" was creepy. And the use of deception making the subject think some of the machines are on their side fits right in.

Derek was noticeably absent.

And it seems that the baby-daddy cop will be a footstep for John becoming a tough-guy.

The guy they use for the triple-8 next week is awesome. I've always loved him as a bad guy. He's scary.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A great episode last night.

Derek and John get inside a military school, to protect one of John's future assistants. He gets to see a terminator. We get a hole blown in the terminators head, enough to go through his brain chip.

In the mean time Sarah gets to be a Mom for a couple of days, to a pretty normal kid.

No real scenes for Summer Glau, which sucked, but a fine episode, and it let me know that they can do a good ep without having Summer getting into q fight.

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
..and they mentioned the phone book killings. Hurrah!
Anyone else spot the reference to the T1 deleted scene?

--------------------

Lee
Member # 393

What, Reese's reaction to pre-JD nature? A rather more overt reference is the laser-targeted long-barrelled pistol.

I wouldn't have believed it possible, but Shirley Manson's acting actually gets worse each week. And what's with the one-liners each time she kills someone? We haven't seen the T-1000 or T-X do that, and she really doesn't have the comic delivery needed.

--------------------

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

...yeah, but the .45 Long slide with laser sighting wasn't in the deleted scene.

--------------------

Lee
Member # 393

I know. I meant a more overt reference to T1 in general.

--------------------

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I caught the 888's use of a long slide too. That was cool.

Last night's ep was good. I knew John was the one who had killed the dude in their house. I'm just curious as to why Sarah won't talk to him about it. She has to know it's tearing him up.

I'm not sure why Cameron and the other T-chick stopped fighting in the elevator. Why would the other one be concerned about killing innocents or about being discovered? Her mission was to kill the psychologist. I guess they may have a directive against being discovered in order not to damage the timeline. However... I'm kind of thinking the other terminator was sent by the resistance. If the psychologist helps to build skynet, Conner may want him gone.

I still want to know who shot the guy who wrote the list on his way through the portal.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

Or given he's apparantly supposed to assist the T-1001, she might have been there as a bodyguard.

As for John doing the killing, I didn't realise that was supposed to be a mystery. I mean I inferred from the exchange of looks back when it happened that such was the case.

--------------------

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

Yah, it was fairly evident that he'd done the killing. But it seemed like they were trying to keep it a source of tension by always showing clips of the incident but always stopping before showing the guy's actual death.

You might be right about the bodyguard mission. It had the self-destructo chip, which was supposed to prevent the resistance from jerking over Terminators. So it must have been sent by SkyNet. It had zero personality though. I doubt it would've lasted long as a temp in that office.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

Lee
Member # 393

I think I know what it's going to be - there will be elements of the Resistance who have their own agenda, yadda yadda. Trying to sell the Resistance out for some sort of preferential treatment from Skynet, a la Joe Pantoliano in The Matrix. Or some sort of power struggle by person or persons who feel they'd do a much better job of running things (and maybe getting credit as Saviour(s) Of Mankind) than John Connor.

I found this episode quite disturbing, just because of the little girl and this machine which's killed her mother abd is now pretending to be her. I thought I was mostly over that old phobia of mine, but obviously not.

--------------------

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

That's an interesting thought. Every reference we've ever heard about Conner implies that every human on the planet follows his lead. It makes sense, though, that that would be those who don't think he's doing so hot.

I thought it was a nice touch that the girl knows it isn't really her mom.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  11  12  13   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps