Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Sarah Conner Chronicles $$$$eason 2 (Page 6)

This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  11  12  13   
Author Topic: Sarah Conner Chronicles $$$$eason 2
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So... SkyNet sends a T-888 back, apparently to kill this governor in 2010, but sends him back a century too early. Kind of cool. I liked how he sealed himself up inside the wall.

And the end was creepy. Just when you think Cameron is developing some kind of concern for the library dude, she totally switches gears. I actually thought she was going to "put him down" for a minute.

The absence of Derek and Sarah (in all but the one scene) was odd.

Riley's mission seems to be to toughen John up or something. It's obvious she wanted to put John in a position where he'd go mustang on the punk. I think she's also trying to become the woman in his life to put a wedge in between him and Cameron.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I sure hope so. Riley >> Cameron.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Getting between John and Cameron seems to be the mission. The question i have is, who ordered the mission?

--------------------
Sparky::
Think!
Question Authority, Authoritatively.
“Believe nothing of what you hear, and only half of what you see.”
EMSparks

Shalamar:
To save face, keep lower half shut.

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Seems to be a faction within the resistance. Maybe they have a future leader that's somehow related to John's present. Showing what's "currently" going on in the future doesn't seem to be the show's style though, so we'll probably only hear about them from someone else or see future flashbacks of them from Derek or MoleLip.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well "current" future events seam to be somewhat fluid if Derek's theory is correct, so running a parallel story line in the future would be tricky and honestly make this a completely different show.

There does seam to be more than one faction on both sides of the war, which is as it should be and makes things much more interesting and less "black and white".

As for Jessie; am I crazy, or is Stephanie Chaves-Jacobsen's character every bit as irritating as her role in BSG:Razor? There's something about that "I don't care about anything because I have emotional baggage, now watch me pout" act that just begs to be hit about the head with a sack of pineapples. Nothing against the actress herself, it's just a shame she seams to be getting typecast as annoying self obsessed twits with delusions of martyrdom.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You just described the whole population of New Zealand, so perhaps you should have something against the actress herself. I know I do, she's just annoying and wooden.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Terminator with Tommy gun!

First Terminator ever to get killed in the house he built with his own, hairy arms.

Jessie doesn't look maori at all, but she sure has a chip on her shoulder. I'd never heard that description of kiwis before, though. Were they like irish/italian in behavior then, the ones you'd met?

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

So no John this week at all. Weird. They must be alternating light episodes for the cast.

So we finally find out how Jessie and Derek met. Didn't she say something earlier about the first thing she ever said to him being, "Your fly's open"?

I like the idea that there are other stories out there like Sarah's. People who are being hunted and living with the knowledge that J-Day is coming. Knowing that humanity's survival depends on their survival.

"They always come through the front door."

Great line.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wonder whether they'll use the six-month gap to bring the timeline forward, a bit closer to our time? They can't be stuck in late-2007 forever.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well it's been at least 6 months, based on that flashback. So given that they arrived in september '07 it's at least march '08 for them. On the other hand, John had his birthday late in season one, which if I recall is supposed to be in February, so it's probably closer to july/august time, which I think is about when they filmed it.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lauren is hot. That is all.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

So... ok... What was that at the end? A prototype HK? Or was she just hallucinating?

Loved the backstory on Riley. Wonder if her suicide attempt is a calculated move (i.e. she'll blame it on Cameron) or if she's serious. I like the notion that she's a civvie and not a member of TechCom.

I'm starting to wonder about how Ellison's discussion of God will effect the future SkyNet. Perhaps it decides since it's not one of God's children, it will wipe out everyone who is.

Many good possibilities... too bad FOX is apparently trying to run it off the air...

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just want to know why Riley and Kendra Shaw want to separate John from Cameron. As for that thing at the end, it could be a prototype HK or any other vehicle used by SkyNet. Though I wonder how something so large go undetected, save for the UFO nuts. Cloaking device?
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

They feel that future-Cameron is influencing John to make bad decisions. Getting people killed. So they're trying to drive a wedge before the bond can cement.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am so not interested in "Terminator: Salvation", I'm tired of Christian Bale, he's overexposed and turning into a bland brownhaired beefcake. The story seems to be only Bruckheimer-explosionness, no hard sci-fi at all. I would much rather have three more seasons of Sarah Connor. You get action, drama and humor, everything the body needs.

If they intend to kill the show just so it can lead up to that dirt-pile of a movie and no further, I'm thinking of taking over a Sri Lankan terrorist cell and give them some fresh new directives. You hear that, Homeland Security netbot?

This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  11  12  13   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps