Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » B5: A minor question (Page 3)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: B5: A minor question
Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

However, I've never heard any more firm information on the True Fate of Sakai one way or the other -- I think JMS wants it to remain ambiguous. It's more interesting that way.

If Sinclair and Zatharus kept the devices that kept all of them from becoming "Uunstuck", then they could have found her and kept her stable till they were out of the anomoly. Maybe she was hiding behind one of the Encounter suits we saw at the end of the ep. @)

--------------------
Sparky::
Think!
Question Authority, Authoritatively.
“Believe nothing of what you hear, and only half of what you see.”
EMSparks

Shalamar:
To save face, keep lower half shut.

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Minuteychops: I stand corrected. However, my impression that the comics provided some extra info probably comes from this page, relating to the comic issue "In Valen's Name, part III."

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Although that theory is shot down slightly by this:

quote:
Still... it's been a good life... lives... over all. Delenn, Catherine, Susan, Michael... if any of you see this somehow.. don't cry for me. For in the final analysis, I've always been too hard on myself. I'll be content to let history judge me, and all that has been done in Valen's name. And as for me... I've received my own reward, because I've found her. At long last... I've found... her."

However, I seem to recall a mention that this was taken out of at least some publications of the comic, which would seem to confirm that he did mean Sakai.

On the other hand, this comic takes place after Into the Fire but has Garibaldi still as Chief of Security. Which means it has to take place before the episode following Into the Fire, which doesn't seem right.

So, *shrug*.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We need [wooden][/wooden] ubb code.

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now, now, after 40 off years as Valen, maybe he learn how to emote?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
all this discussion kind of makes me wish i'd ever watched an episode of b5 just once.
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HEY! Leave Sinclair/Michael O'Hare alone!! The've been repeating season 1 alot in Australia atm, and Sinclair isn't THAT BAD - Sheridan looks comical in comparison - too over the top. And Michael O'Hare is a really nice bloke.
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've always preferred Sinclair to Sheridan. I often wonder how the show would have gone if the change hadn't been made.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Woodside Kid
Member # 699

- posted      Profile for Woodside Kid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Instead of ending the way the series did with Sheridan in "Sleeping In Light", it probably would have ended with the Sinclair of 20 years in the future going back in time to be Valen, rather than the way they did it in the "War Without End" two-parter. Undoubtably he would have had the romantic relationship with Delenn as well (as it seemed to be hinted in "Babylon Squared").

--------------------
The difference between genius and idiocy? Genius has its limits.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Seeing as Catherine Sakai and he were getting Married as of Crysalis... does that mean there would have been some sort of Sakai death?

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My guess would be vanished and assimilated by the Shadows ala Anna.

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

Ahhhhh yes, of course.

Assimilated though? Or were they more... absorbed? And how-come Garibaldi never got all 'Morden-ised' after he was captured by that Shadow vessel?

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Because the Shadows turned him over to the Psi Corps, where Bester got ahold of him.

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Assimilated, absorbed, rewired, whatever. You know what I mean.

Now MY question is this: if Sinclair had stayed, who would have been the third of the three of the One? Ivanova?

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's been much speculation about what the show would've been like if Sinclair stuck around. Obviously I'm not a great authority on the subject -- though some interesting comments can be found at the Lurker's Guide. From what I gather (and know about the show) I believe that...

-- JMS said that the story that became "War Without End" would have been the SERIES FINALE instead. This would involve a climactic battle for Babylon 5, in which the Shadows (or probably the Drakh) attack the station in order to prevent Sinclair from going back in time and becoming Valen. (Thus explaining Sinclair's vision -- and the many other prophecies -- of the station exploding.)

-- Catherine Sakai would have been captured by the Shadows and turned into a Pentium IV chip for one of their vessels.

-- A Sinclair/Delenn romance. Eek!

-- JMS hinted that a Sheridan-like character was already planned for some role on the station, though just what that would have been is uncertain considering Susan's position.

However, in his first comments about the departure of Michael O'Hare, he also emphasized that the series was going to stay very much the same. Therefore, although some of the players changed, and some of the timing may have been different in other circumstances, the overall story and the basic ideas were never touched.

Edit: In response to Omega's question, Ivanova does seem to be a likely candidate for the third member of "The One." Delenn was always the religious, Sheridan the warrior, and Sinclair the worker (builder?). Ivanova would be logical as the warrior part of the trio. However, that would also make Ivanova into The One Who Will Be. Just what would she end up doing later on? Would she end up carrying on the torch of the Alliance, I guess?

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps