Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Stargate SG1 Question(s) (Page 5)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Stargate SG1 Question(s)
Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sokar's Jaffa didn't have helmets. They *did* have red-coloured armor, though, to correspond with Sokar's image as the resident "devil".

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mark Nguyen:
Sokar's Jaffa didn't have helmets. They *did* have red-coloured armor, though, to correspond with Sokar's image as the resident "devil".

Mark

That's what I said - no helmets - but they did have those things that looked like they were from Gallifrey. Around their heads/necks.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Griffworks
Member # 1014

- posted      Profile for Griffworks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mark Nguyen:
Yup. Second season, in "Prisoners". When Hammond and the SG-9 commander step through, they merely vanish. And in "Message in a Bottle", NanO'Neil is seen from the other side placing the alien ark into the event horizon.

And regarding the flat vortex in the movie, Timo may be onto something - in the movie on Abydos, the gate there seemed backed against a wall. If there were a vortex formed there, then the back wall shouldn't be so close.

Or we can more logically accept that the vortex CGI would simply be cheaper to animate as flat than flushed. On the flip side, I for one am quite glad that they never changed the original gate traveling sequence - that would just make it wierd. [Smile]

Mark

Just watched the second season episode "A Matter of Time" and there's a good view of te backside of the gate which shows the vortex. Of course, there's also the possibility that the blackhole on the other side was effecting it.... [Confused]
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AndrewR:

From page 3.

The only time I can remember the whirlpool effect being shown in the TV series is the episode with the Black-hole.

So that was my suggestion - maybe the whirlpool at the back only happens after the gate hasn't been activated for many-a-year. Explaining why we've only really seen it happen in the movie.

So seeing as it was the only time seen apart from the movie one would conclude that it was because of the blackhole on the other end. Does anyone know if that was a new effects shot or just a reused shot from the Movie?

--------------------

Griffworks
Member # 1014

- posted      Profile for Griffworks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Obviously, I didn't see yours. I got as far as page 2 and stopped. Good of you to point it out, tho.... [Wink]

I'd have to pull out my "Stargate" DVD to see if it's the exact same scene from the movie. I'm thinking not, as the view was from overhead and I seem to recall all the views in the movie being from the sides, tho admit to not having watched the movie in a couple months now.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

About the collapse of the helmets - I was watching the season 2 episode tonight where Sha're gives birth to the Harsesis child. Teal'c is in disguise in a Horus Guard uniform and helmet. His helmet collapses/folds up at one stage... nearly all the way... and then totaly. Of course there is the normal Jaffa 'neck collar' thing... but the rest of the helmet disappeared.

--------------------

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps