Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Random Buffy Comments (Page 8)

This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12   
Author Topic: Random Buffy Comments
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Also, I told you that Angel was really good months ago. You really should listen to me more in future. I am always right.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It wasn't so much a case of me not listening to you as me not having a chance to watch it until now.
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No excuses!

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why start new threads, I say?

"School Hard" was on FX today. Is there ever an explanation given for what exactly happened to Drusilla to put her in her "weakened" state? (Not that I want to know what it is, but just whether one is presented.) There's reference to a "mob" that gave her and Spike trouble in Prague, but that doesn't seem like the sort of thing that leads to bizarre mystical vampire anemia.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is this show really any good (asidefrom the eye-candy)?
A woman I'm very partial to wants to make me watch (with her) the first couple of seasons all at once in a marathon.

that's great because I dont know where I stand with her and some "couch time" could go a long way in my favor but I have'nt seen anything too intresting about the show (I've only glimpsed it while channel surfing mostly).

Anything to look for in the first two seasons?

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Is there ever an explanation given for what exactly happened to Drusilla to put her in her "weakened" state?
Yes, in the two-parter "What's My Line".

--------------------
"Never give up. And never, under any circumstances, no matter what - never face the facts." - Ruth Gordon

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The show is very good, Jason. I've seen the first two seasons, I'm downloading the third season right now, and if you can ignore the cornyness it's quite good. Almost like Power Rangers in that way, except a billion times better.

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

Boo + hiss.
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

quote:
Originally posted by Spike:
Yes, in the two-parter "What's My Line".

Huh. I do not recall that.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This girl wants to show me the whole "musical" episode wich is, frankly, enough o make me want to scream (and I have'nt actually watch it yet!).

I hate musicals: I even turn off the Simpsons clip-show musical.

quote:
if you can ignore the cornyness it's quite good. Almost like Power Rangers in that way, except a billion times better.
..that's....er....quite an endoesment.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

If you actually do not like even Simpsons musical interludes than I do not know what to tell you. I am pretty sure you can't get into heaven.

(I don't know about "Once More With Feeling" as an introductory episode, though. I mean, it is, on its own, great, but despite everyone explaining exactly how they feel and why, there's a bit too much backstory involved.)

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

I like Simpsons musical interludes ("Rock me Dr. Zeaus" is a classic!) but the whole episode being a musical really grates on my nerves.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with Sol System. You should watch Season 5 and Season 6 first before watching OMWF.

--------------------
"Never give up. And never, under any circumstances, no matter what - never face the facts." - Ruth Gordon

MarianLH
Member # 1102

- posted      Profile for MarianLH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Originally posted by Spike:
quote:
I agree with Sol System. You should watch Season 5 and Season 6 first before watching OMWF.
I disagree with half of that. Don't watch Season 6. In fact, there is no Season 6, any more than there's a Highlander sequel. She died. It was poignant. The end.
[Big Grin]

Dumb question, but as introductory episodes go, what's wrong with the pilot? Why not start at the beginning?

Marian

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

(Season six is just fine, and people who do not like it are old timer contrarians.)

((Well, I kid. But, anyway, I register my vote for the opposite claim.))

This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps