Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » {Spoilers $$$} Oh my GOD! I just saw Matrix: Reloaded!!! (Page 1)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: {Spoilers $$$} Oh my GOD! I just saw Matrix: Reloaded!!!
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Karma paid me beck for not utterly destroying my enimies by allowing me to see Matrix: Reloaded tonight in a private viewing of only 10 people!
I won't spoil the movie for you, but I can honestly say that it so far outshines the original as to make it look like STV by comparison.
[u]Amazing.[/u]

[u]DO NOT LEAVE THE THEATRE AFTER THE ENDING!!![/u]
Eight minutes after the ending there is the full length preview for Matrix: Revolutions.
There is even the chance to find out exactly what was in the drop from the Osiris.

Best of all: I may get to go see it again tomorrow night! 8)

P.S.- Terminator 3 has a great full preview before the movie and I'm really looking forward to a movie I was going to skip because of it!

{Edit - Sorry, but the title was bugging me -- Siegfried}

[ May 13, 2003, 12:02 PM: Message edited by: Siegfried ]

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The trailer for T3 had better give me some mighty oral sex for it to get me to go see the movie.

But, jokingly: Where will I fit in this new Matrix movie? I will see Reloaded, Revolutions and Readed, but in what order?

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You'll be that black cat from the first movie:
Cool looking as scenery, but pretty glitchy and a minor part of the story. [Wink]

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

A joke so funny I posted twice...
WAIT A MINUTE!
THIS COULD BE A "GLITCH"!

Gotta go: some guys in dark glasses are at the door.....

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
X-Men had 40 special effects.
X-Men II had 400 special effects.
Reloaded has 4000 special effects...

And I've got tickets for opening day! The theatre's gonna be jam-packed for the next two weeks, unbelievable, not even Episode I could pull that off.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Let's hope under all of those 4000 special effects - there is still a solid story-line and characterisation. Nemesis might have had a 'battle scene' - and the cool impact scene which they spoiled in the trailer - but it had not much else to it. I'm just using Nemesis as an example cause of the recent thread on it.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The line in the trailer by Jada Pinkett Smith, "I've got a feeling it's gonna be one helluva ride..." was a bit too cheesy advertising IMO.

Usually only watered-down, old franchises (Escape from LA, Under Siege 2) use lines like that in their sequels.
"Time to rock'n'roll again", "Sit tight and be prepared *booom* to be blown...away!". Sure, whatever you say, bub.

Not to worry, I'm confident "Matrix Readed" will have me licking my proverbial chops.

Just think, the new actors will probably have gone through that standard three-month Kung Fu training, but the original cast must have kept improving their already ok skills!

Many of the "Subway station" moves from Matrix were a bit weak and slow, but from what I've seen in the "Rhoideaded"-trailer, Neo's moves look better than ever.

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was EIGHT months this time! For 2 movies, but still. The mass-fight with all the Agent Smiths has more moves than in all of Matrix 1!

It was said in a Making of movie I saw yesterday. BTW: Carrie-Ann Moss is known to be a hell of a driver behind the sets. She got some of the driving stunts under control in record times.

--------------------
"And they had other stuff (...) like pictures of the Vulcan woman on Enterprise."
"OOOOhhh! Uhm, I mean: Nerds!"

- Willow and Xander, Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is treading dangerously close to Spoiler territory, methinks, and since there are no warnings in the title, people might assume this thread is spoiler free....

Don't get me wrong... I've seen the previews and stuff, but I still have no idea what the plot is other than Neo kicks ass... and I'd like to keep it that way [Smile]

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

NO Spoilers, but I will say that the story far outshines even the new visual effects.
Prepare to use your brain in this one.
We'll be discussing it for a few months after you guys see it. [Wink]

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So by the time we get our minds wrapped around The Matrix: Reloaded, it'll be time for our minds to get warped from The Matrix: Revolutions?

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

Ryan McReynolds
Minor Deity
Member # 28

- posted      Profile for Ryan McReynolds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by NightWing:
It was EIGHT months this time! For 2 movies, but still. The mass-fight with all the Agent Smiths has more moves than in all of Matrix 1

Yeah, but according to a Wired article, that entire scene was CG... Reaves and Weaving say some snappy lines, then they switch to digital doubles for all of the fighting. I guess technically, somebody did the moves for motion capture, but it's not quite the same as pure actor-actor fighting as in other scenes.

--------------------
Enterprise: An Online Companion

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." --Phillip K. Dick

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Nope! Not ALL the fighting in that scene is CGI.
Only the scene of all the agents flying off of Neo (as seen on every commercial, so that's hardly a Spoiler!).
There is mre "real" fighting in this one than in the previous movie....and we get to see Morpheous fight too!

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Ryan McReynolds
Minor Deity
Member # 28

- posted      Profile for Ryan McReynolds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Fans will wear out their remotes replaying the scene on DVD, but what they won't see, even riding the Pause button, is a transition that happens early on. When Neo and Agent Smith walk into the courtyard, they are the real Reeves and Weaving. But by the time the melee is in full effect, everyone and everything on the screen is computer-generated[...]"

"[The] virtual camera needed to be able to see behind and around things, and to know what was obscured by any particular angle, so that if the Wachowskis wanted to try different passes through the Burly Brawl, the entire scene would already be in ESC's computers, captured in code, as real as if it was a physical set. Unlike a physical set, however, the scene would be moving - alive with the rage of hundreds of men fighting in top form. Bullet Time squared."

"The process of creating multiple Smiths was fairly straightforward. First Gaeta and his crew turned a 250,000-square-foot hangar in Alameda into the biggest motion-capture dojo in the world. The punishment was relentless for Yuen Woo-Ping's army of black belts; between the sequels and the videogame, they did hundreds of takes a day. Buffed out with CG muscle, tailored in simulated suits, and animated with collision data obtained from digital crash-test dummies, the torsos of Yuen's warriors were transformed in postproduction into wave upon wave of attacking Hugo Weaving clones."

I suppose that "by the time the melee is in full effect" they might mean "for one five-second part of the melee," but I doubt it (especially since the transition is "early on").

If, by chance, you mean that there's real one on one fighting before Smith starts replicating, then obviously the above doesn't apply. I haven't seen it just yet. [Wink]

--------------------
Enterprise: An Online Companion

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." --Phillip K. Dick

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

You can definitely tell when the CGI Neo is used: it look about as real as the CGI in Last Flight of Osiris.
No bad at all: just noticable if you look for it.
And definitely not in every shot of the fight.

You'll see.

And Trek fans might notice the actor that played Admiral daugherty has a role...as does the actor that played Sci-Fi's Invisible Man.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps