Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » {Spoilers $$$} Oh my GOD! I just saw Matrix: Reloaded!!! (Page 5)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: {Spoilers $$$} Oh my GOD! I just saw Matrix: Reloaded!!!
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Question for you guys: ARe the people in the Matrix incredibly old and preserved by thoese stasis tube thingies or are they being somehow grown by the machines with the bond between mother and baby somehow artifically created by the program?
If humans are being grown, then the machines could concievably just grow dumber himans or humans with no brains on continuous life support.

There has to be a connection with the machines to humans that requires free will for peak performance.
I refer you to the councillor's words to Neo in Zion about people's interdependence with the machines.

On a side note: Go see the Cowboy Beebop movie!
It actually has better fight scenes than Matrix 2!!!! Definitely more gritty too...

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The first movie showed babies being 'grown' in fields. They are fed - well everyone is fed on liquified remains of the dead. What I don't get is how Morpheus saw this all with his own eyes? Surely he would have been captured?

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Crap: my memory is shot. gotta go rent te first movie now (yeah, that'll really be in stock at Ballbuster). [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Saw it today, at the swedish premiere.
*clears throat*. BTW OMG WTF LOL!!!! I liked it.

One thing about the killing of "innocents" that are still in the matrix, most of the adults are lost causes anyway, too old to be freed.
The case of Neo was made to seem very unusual (26? 27 years old?).
Councillor Hamann (Anthony Zerbe) revealed that he was liberated at age 11.

Which leads us to Easter Egg 1 (Animatrix cameo $$$): For those of you who have seen the Animatrix short movies, the last one, "Kid's story",
revolves around a young schoolkid that has suspicions and doubts about the state of the "world".
He is currently the only person we've seen so far that has liberated himself!
Through suicide, by having strong enough faith that he will meet Neo and Morpheus in the afterlife.

That kid is in "Matrix Reloaded", runs around Neo like a puppy.
He is called "kid" in both movies, the actor (and voice actor) is Clayton Watson, age 24 IRL.

Easter Egg 2: When the Architect gives Neo the rundown on the history of the Matrix, and shows pictures on the screens behind him of the new and better Matrix,
now with sorrow, strife and misery inserted to keep people good and unhappy, there's a brief clip of George W Bush in there!
Very cocky of the Wachowskis, methinks. What are the ramifications of this symbolism?
Dubuya is a program here? Installed to screw things up grandly to keep the status quo? [Smile]

Anyone catch any other easter eggs?

PS: Hedy Burress has the sexiest voice ever, mm-mm-mm.

PS II: Nice touch with the albino "Twins" actually being two real twins. Hey, why make it complicated?

Gripes: The mouth-diarrhea of "Merovingian", jesus that guy wouldn't shut up! And he didn't even fight either, why's he so dangerous?
Shrewd management skills? Lethally harsh language (pardon my french)?

Also, the blatant use of "Deus ex Machina" with Neo saving the day on the freeway, and again when doing surgery on Trinity.
But I don't have any better suggestions, so it's fine by me.
Besides, I'm happier with Trinity sticking around. :-)

Just one thing; how the hell will people cope with what happened to the hundreds of victims and cars that got sucked into Neo's "wake", when saving Trinity?
Sporadic horisontal-tornado?

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Also, the blatant use of "Deus ex Machina" with Neo saving the day on the freeway, and again when doing surgery on Trinity.

Well, while I can see why you'd have a problem with those, I don't think it utterly ruins the drama or anything. If not for Morpheus and co, everyone involved would have been long dead before Neo got there. They were effectively fighting a hopeless holding action until reenforcements arrived. It's not like we didn't expect him or anything. And as for Trinity, remember, Neo may have sacrificed all of humanity to save her. It's like bringing Spock back: sure you cheat death, but at what cost?

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, Nim I mentioned "Mr. Popper" (The Kid) in my thread The Matrix v the Animatrix v Reloaded. Didn't ANYBODY read that thread!?!

--------------------

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just coasted into this thread when I came home, is all.
Nice that you noticed him too.

Omega: Nah, it wasn't that big of a problem, I just noticed it. These kinds of stories need those things anyway.

If I look at it the other way I'm more happy with the fact that they left his powers in and let him be able to fly and do power punches,
unlike USS Voyager's tech in "Endgame" that got dropped.

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm guessing that somehow Neo and Smith have become connected. The other Coma guy is the same that Smith infected. I think this goes along with what Smith wants. He wants something that Neo has. Probably the same thing that the Matrix wants... this code that Neo was supposed to bring back to the Source. I think Smith needs it to be "whole" or something.

I have a question of a less serious nature though. The woman in the restaurant that ate the cake and got all funny feeling... what the hell happenened to her? It zoomed in on her crotch and showed an explosion or something. She either wet herself, pooped her pants, or had an orgasm. I'm voting for number three given the french dude's oversexed nature.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The cake was programmed to give her an orgasm. That guy later went to the ladies bathroom to, erm.... relieve himself. Persephone is pretty pissed at this point. She even tells one of his guards that he is in the LADIES bathroom.

And BTW, everyone I talked to believe that the other guy in a coma is really Agent Smith.

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The other guy in a coma is the guy that Agent Smith possessed. I'm almost postive that it's played by the same actor, though the goatee disguises him just enough. I think that's also the same guy that tried to volunteer his captain's ship to find Morpheus' ship but got told to close his mouth. I remember thinking it looked alot like Smith with a beard.

Ahhhh... yes, I remember her telling the guard he was in the lady's restroom now... so the cake just got her ready for action, huh? Got it.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

Omega
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmm... might we now have an explaination for how Neo does his Jesus impression at the end of the first movie? The machines themselves may have ressurected him, specifically because they NEED The One.

--------------------

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

Hmmmmm... that could be. Though, for them to do that, they'd have to have some kind of connection to him. He wasn't plugged into the system at that point, so there would have to be something else.

Besides... Trinity seems to be under the impression that she's just THAT good a kisser [Smile]

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

Speaking of "Jesus!" Did anyone ever notice in the first movie at one point Neo is trying to come to terms with what Trinity is telling him - and he goes/exclaims "Jesus!" and she says "Yes?" What was that about?

--------------------

Omega
Member # 91

Though, for them to do that, they'd have to have some kind of connection to him.

Says who? [Smile]

He wasn't plugged into the system at that point

Says who? [Big Grin]

--------------------

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

quote:
Originally posted by AndrewR:
Speaking of "Jesus!" Did anyone ever notice in the first movie at one point Neo is trying to come to terms with what Trinity is telling him - and he goes/exclaims "Jesus!" and she says "Yes?" What was that about?

I do that joke at work all the time!
One of our employees always exclaims "God Almighty!" and I always have to respond "stop bothering me: I'm busy!"

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps