Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » {Spoilers $$$} Oh my GOD! I just saw Matrix: Reloaded!!! (Page 6)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: {Spoilers $$$} Oh my GOD! I just saw Matrix: Reloaded!!!
Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fun on a bun! [Smile] [Wink] [Confused]
ubermetroid
Member # 729

- posted      Profile for ubermetroid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heres an egg for you, did anyone else notice that when Bane (the Smith controlled guy) went to try to kill Neo but instead gave him the hand shake he says "we will be seeing you"? This could mean that we as in Zion will be seeing you later OR THAT we as in the burly fight is about to happen. [Eek!]

--------------------
"That's the problem with nature. Something is always stinging you or oozing mucous on you. lets go watch tv." - Calvin & Hobbes

Nim
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The line sure sounded like it had a doublemeaning, but it was no easter egg.

These are.
http://www.eeggs.com/tree/1647.html

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Just to let all of you Matrix freaks (like me) out there know, there were several instances in this flick that referred to dreams. Most of you know that. But how many of you know that Morpheus is actually the Greek God of Dreams??? I did a lot of researching and that is what it came to...plus, I have been reading some entries on how the matrix might be referring to the Bible....that may be so, but I think it could refer to the Revolutionary War instead, or just as much. If you take the same concept; "undergrounds" fighting for their lives against a cruel government known as the Matrix. I'm not sure, but it could be logical..."

IT IS LIKE THE INTERNET GETS BETTER EVERY DAY!

Morpheus is the God of Dreams?! HOLY COW

Ryan McReynolds
Minor Deity
Member # 28

- posted      Profile for Ryan McReynolds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Um... no shit, Sherlock.

--------------------
Enterprise: An Online Companion

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." --Phillip K. Dick

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some interesting statistics for the car chase scene on the freeway:

The freeway exits are named for family members of the Wachowski brothers

GM provided 300 cars, including 30 Cadillac CTS prototypes (the car wasn't for sale at the time of shooting in 1999), a dozen Cadillac Escalade EXTs, and a large number of Impala police cars. All 300 cars were destroyed by time filming was complete

The bullet holes on the CTS were actually already on the car before they even started. They were merely covered and blown out to simulate bullet shots

All the scenes were shot twice to make sure they were done right

The entire sequence took 45 days to film, more then it takes others to shoot entire films

Normal vehicle stunt sequences are shot at around 40mph. This one was done at 80mph

The bike Trinity steals is a Ducati 996, one of the fastest and most expensive bikes sold in the world

--------------------
"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

-Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney, LeMans

Nim
Member # 205

Plus Trinity did her driving herself, it wasn't some stuntwoman or a CGI-render. And that old asian actor sat behind her for real too.

--------------------
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lucky guy.

But come on... there's no way Carrie Anne Moss drove a bike at 80mph for real during the filming of this movie. There's no way the insurance company or the union would've ever allowed that.

Now, I totally believe that some of the other parts of the scene were done at high speed. The parts that didn't have the actors in them and were just cars whizing around. But I can't imagine that any non-stunt-driver-people were in any of those shots.

Nim
Member # 205

She said it herself in an interview. It was the most demanding stuntscene she'd ever done. I think it was the scene where she drives against the traffic. The passing cars might've been CGI, but her bike was not.

--------------------
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, I'm sure she was on the bike, but there's no way she was *actually* going 80 miles per hour against traffic.

My guess is that the bike was on some kind of rig when you saw her face and I have no doubt that it was very strenous work. But they simply can't put one of the stars of the film in the kind of danger that riding a motorcycle at 80 mph in traffic would bring. I dount they would even let her ride the bike without it being hooked up to a rig of some kind.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The shots from behind Trinity on the bike are real, all the cars in front of her are CGI. The ones close up where you can see her face are most likely a rig.

--------------------
"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

-Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney, LeMans

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Finally got round to seeing it tonight.

I enjoyed it, although the pacing was way off - far too many talky cod-philosophy scenes. This made the beginning rather slow. . . And is it just me, or was Morpheus almost speaking in a different accent this time?

Then there are the fight scenes. Very impressive I'm sure, but God they got boring real fast. The one between Neo and Seraph was totally pointless.

Anyone else spot Lt. "Smithers" Bracca from Farscape as the Maitre d' at the Merovingian's restaurant?

I like all the puritanical disapproval of the intercut love scene-dance session scene. My wife (who only remembered she'd seen The Matrix when we were about three-quarters of the way through) quite liked that bit. 8)

And she thought it was really sad when the Keymaker died. Yet Trinity's death didn't phase her. Presumably because she knew that, being Neo's lobster, Trinity had to be all right.

And. . . Colonel Sanders built the Matrix! I was expecting Neo to ask him what the secret recipe of 11 herbs and spices was. . .

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Have you ever heard of... KFC?"

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Nim
Member # 205

Lee: "Far too many talky cod-philosophy scenes."

I know, especially that Merovingian guy made me want to exclaim "Puh-leeease!", stand up and do the choka choka.
The sad thing was that I thought he did a bad french dialect, he felt more like Gestapo to me.
And the actor was french, at that. Gu-Haw Haw!!

"I like all the puritanical disapproval of the intercut love scene-dance session scene. My wife quite liked that bit."

Um, wait, your wife liked the scene, you liked the disapproval of it? [Confused]

"And she thought it was really sad when the Keymaker died. Yet Trinity's death didn't phase her.
Presumably because she knew that, being Neo's lobster, Trinity had to be all right."

Ah, women and their infravision.
I wish I could do that thing Neo did on Trinity's torso, though, it might come in handy sometimes.

With sex.
On womens' bodies. Sincere penetration.
Ha!! Take that, Magnus!!!

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was just thinking then... the whole 'hand in/through body' think Neo did... that is reminiscent of the Twin's ability to move through objects... 'ghosts' from earlier forms of the Matrix.

Who was Seraph?

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps