Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Thinking of checking out "Stargate SG-1" (Page 4)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Thinking of checking out "Stargate SG-1"
Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, that ship's been around for the better part of a year now. How old does something have to be before it's not a spoiler any more? But you're right, someone edit the thread title, please?

Oh, and as for defending Earth, we've come a long way since Apophis' attack seven years prior. Now we have shield-penetrating tech, IIRC, so our uber-enhanced gigaton nukes can actually hit their ships. And I wouldn't be surprised if we have an entire squadron of F302s now. [Smile]

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Then maybe we should start another thread. [Smile] Forgive my selfishness, but I'm about the only SG-1 fan in my neck of the woods, and stoopid Global won't carry the show any time soon. I'm current thanks to downloads, but my only friends who likes SG-1 IRL are only buying the DVDs. I need to talk current!

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would think that spoilers would, at least, include anything that hasn't been shown in syndication (for those who watch it on network TV, rather than cable). In other words, at this point, anything post-season-5.
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Omega:
Well, that ship's been around for the better part of a year now. How old does something have to be before it's not a spoiler any more? But you're right, someone edit the thread title, please?

No No No No NO!!!

I hate how you North Americans think you are the only television viewing population in the world.

I'm talking about spoilers for ANYTHING.

I've noticed a LOT of people are even behind me here - i.e. most have seen generally season 1 and 2 and 3. Just clearly state at the top of your thread - WHICH SEASON you will be talking about.

I.e. if you say season 6 - i won't read. if it's 5 - then I will.

The whole THREAD doesn't have to be changed and new threads don't have to be started - just be considerate and type a few keystrokes and let everyone know which season you are about to talk about.

That's all

Thanks.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ahhhhhhh TSN - thanks - is that why some Americans have seen new eps while others are a few seasons behind.

And Mark - no problem about talking current - just at the top of your post - state which season you will be talking about. Because starting a new thread will invariably lead to discussions about earlier seasons that others would like to be a part of.

--------------------

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

The answer to this question will also contain uberSpoilers:

I won't get to see the answer for myself for some time, so tell me, please, how did Daniel end up coming back?

Also... is there a site that talks about the premise of this "Atlantis" spinoff? Methinks another Tauri Gate will be discovered...

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Spoiler for S7

Daniel returns when he's effectively kicked out of the Oma Dessala fan club for interfering. He had been increasingly uncomfy with being basically omnipotent but being unable to effect change on our plane because of some rules Oma had. During all of his S6 appearances, he couldn't help but interfere to help Jack or Teal'c or the team, and eventually it caught up with him. There's still some mystery as to what's going on, as when he initially showed up he had no memory of anything - he's gotten most of his pre-ascension memory back, but still doesn't know most of what happened while he was all uber.

Mark

--------------------

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmmm... see, other shows could learn a thing or two from this... you don't have to tie everything up in one episode... leave some mystery... let it ride for a little bit.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

SG-1 is *great* with that. They're not necessarily leaving stuff dangling on purpose, but they're very good with picking up and using the stuff that is. Whole episodes have been predicated on the tiniest plot nuance from a previous episode. [Smile]

Mark

--------------------

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

Hey Mark! Thanks for that VERY NICE Season spoiler warning.

And no general warnings people - unless it is really general like your suspicion general. If you don't know the season try and find out [Smile] Or use episode names (although I'm not good with them) - just general seasons. Gawd I wish they'd bring back SG1 for the year, here - I'm sure they will soon - a lot of shows are coming to the end of their runs for the year.

--------------------

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Uh....what in hell is "Oma Dessala"?

An I the only one that thinks elevating a main character to omnipotence is a baaaad idea.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
$$$$$$ About Oma Desala $$$$$$

She's an ancient, the race who created the gates and who ascended to become the non-corporeal beings we've seen on occasion. She may or may not be related to various nature religions on earth. Oma's a rather unconventional ancient. They apparently have very strict rules about interfering with the development of other species, but she occasionally helps some ascend to their level, which is just barely within the rules. She's the one that helped Daniel ascend when he was about to die, and presumably the one that kicked him out when he broke the rules.

As for it being a bad idea to ascend a main character to near omnipotence, well, why not? SG-1 is handling it rather well.

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

$$$$$$ About Oma Desala $$$$$$

Didn't she also take care of the Harsesis child on Keb for awhile?

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

Since there really isn't anywhere to post this...

This past weekend, I was lucky enough to be at "Anime Evolution 2003" in Vancouver. As part of my organization's media initiative, I got to interview most of the guests - including Joseph Mallozzi, co-exec producer of Stargate SG-1. As it happens, he's a major anime fan now, and has some interesting ideas for things to do with anime properties. But while I was at it, I got him to spill the beans on some upcoming SG-1 fun.

Article Here - Spoiler Warning

Enjoy!

Mark

--------------------

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've heard rumors of a function that lets you start entirely new threads, but I'm sure they're exaggerated.
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps