Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » crossover actors (Page 3)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: crossover actors
MarianLH
Member # 1102

- posted      Profile for MarianLH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Originally posted by Bond, James Bond:
quote:
Was also in a Babylon 5 episode once
"Passing Through Gethsemane." Early third season. Stunning portrayal of faith for a show written and produced by an avowed atheist. And an interesting discussion of the ethics of criminal punishment. Dourif was also in the original Dune movie.

His character on Voyager was widely seen among B5 fans as a ripoff of his appearance on B5.

Speaking of which, has anybody mentioned Robert Foxworth? Recurring role as General Hague on B5, and played Admiral Leyton in DS9 "Homefront" and "Paradise Lost."

Marian

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It probably doesn't count as sci-fi, but Aubojonois has turned up on at least two episodes of Justice League. Playing aliens. Which is sci-fi. So I do, in face, win.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MarianLH:
His character on Voyager was widely seen among B5 fans as a ripoff of his appearance on B5.

Why? Because they were both a bit psychotic? Play to the mans strengths, I say!

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe Brad Dourif was also in Myst III: Exile, but that's neither television nor movie, and only qualifies as sci-fi by the most expansive definition. Played yet another psychotic. Nicole DeBoer was in Cube, which probably qualifies as sci-fi. I don't think Robert Foxworth actually appeared on B5 more than once, so it's not really a recurring role, but that's incidental. Oh, yes, and Rene Aubojonois was in an ep of Stargate.

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dourif always seams to go for unhinged characters. Piter (the dune character) was a few sticks short of a bundle, as was Wormtongue (who had surprisingly similar motives as Piter, oddly enough). Of course he's also noted for playing the mortal body and later the voice of serial killer Chucky in the Child's Play movies.
So i think this is more an actor's choise of role/casting director thing than the Voyager writers ripping off JMS.

Sliding off topic for a second, does anyone have any clue as to what the latest B5 project is about? Last I heard it was reffered to as B5:TMoS, I wonder what that means? The Master of Spoo? The Movement of Shadows?

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
JMS has stayed uncharacteristically tight-lipped about the project (only dropping the vaguest of hints that do little more than remind you this is the same guy who wrote lines like "you are the hand" and other such obfuscatory Zen dialogue), but it's probably a feature film.

As for what TMoS means, I'm putting my money on "The Moaning of Susan". B)

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The guy who played Braxton II on "Voyager" was also on B5 as some major or colonel or something for an episode or two. And he was in the last episode of "Quantum Leap", from what I learned from "Series ?".
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

Was he the major who basically played General Hague's role when the actor wasn't available?

If so, he was only in one episode. "Severed Dreams", I believe.

--------------------

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i saw a great blooper from the B5 ep, Major Braxton was informing the B5ers that General Hague was unavailable.. he told them he was doing Deep Space Nine that week.

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For great blooperity.

--------------------
".mirrorS arE morE fuN thaN televisioN" - TEH PNIK FLAMIGNO

MarianLH
Member # 1102

- posted      Profile for MarianLH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Originally posted by Omega:
quote:
I don't think Robert Foxworth actually appeared on B5 more than once, so it's not really a recurring role, but that's incidental.
He appeared in two episodes: "All Alone In The Night" and "Points of Departure," and I think he had a voiceover (background comm chatter) in a third. He was more of a background character--frequently mentioned but seldom actually seen.

Originally posted by PsyLiam:
quote:
Why? Because they were both a bit psychotic? Play to the mans strengths, I say!
More because of the theme of trying to control a psychotic using some sort of telepathic technique. In B5, a murderer's personality is suppressed and replaced with a fake, service-oriented one, and in Voyager, Tuvok mind-melded with him. The timing didn't help either--B5 ep in Nov 95, Voyager in Feb 96.

I never saw the Voyager episode, so I can't comment firsthand, but I remember people talking about it.

Marian

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MarianLH observed: Stunning portrayal of faith for a show written and produced by an avowed atheist. And an interesting discussion of the ethics of criminal punishment. Dourif was also in the original Dune movie."

Marry me.

Who are you, anyway? I don't remember any introduction thread of yours, you just dove headlong into the fray.

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Robert Foxworth was also in the episode of SG-1 I saw last night. He was the leader of the world they accidentally detonated the Prometheus' hyperdrive over.

So, I guess in my mind he's been in the "Big 3" of sci-fi TV: Star Trek, Stargate and Babylon 5.

B.J.

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by B.J.:
Robert Foxworth was also in the episode of SG-1 I saw last night. He was the leader of the world they accidentally detonated the Prometheus' hyperdrive over.

So, I guess in my mind he's been in the "Big 3" of sci-fi TV: Star Trek, Stargate and Babylon 5.

B.J.

Hey, thats crazy...I saw that last night too! His name was 'Chairman Ashwan'. He was also on an episode "SeaQuest DSV".

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by First of Two:

And for actors who played on different Star Trek series, how could we forget
J.G. Hertzler
Jeffrey Coombs (also on B5)
Mark Lenard

Lets not forget Mark Lenards stint as General Urko in the Planet of the Apes series. I also recall him from a "Buck Rogers" episode...

Jeffrey Coombs - heh...the only other thing I remmeber seeing him in was "the Re-Animator"...

Not sure if anyone mentioned this overlooked numerous Trek crossover actor (4 series)...but Scott MacDonald! He was Tosk, SubCommander N'Vek -- oddly in episodes originally airing a week apart. Then Rollins, Goran'Agar and now a semi-regular on Enterprise as "Xindi-Reptilian"/"Reptilian Commander".

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps