Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » crossover actors (Page 5)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: crossover actors
B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, I found a link for Farscape! (I cheated by using imdb.com - so sue me. [Razz] ) Kent McCord, who played Crichton's dad, was also Commander Scott Keller in Seaquest for several episodes, AND (brace yourselves) a regular on Galactica 1980 as Captain Troy.

Well. I think I need a shower now.

B.J.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Normally, I would expect "Marian" to be a female name (since it's closer to "Marianne"), and "Marion" to be male. But people don't always actually think before they name their children.
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm still surprised that someone was named after Maid Marion. I mean, it's interesting and all (and certainly better than the trend of giving people normal names spelt extremely stupidly), but I am curious as to why, Marian. Was it just a name they thought sounded cool, had they just watched the Disney version minutes before your mother went into labour, or were they hoping you'd grow up to get kidnapped and then rescued by a man who wore green tights?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I once was in a class with a girl named "Arwen".
Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am named after the horseman from Cinderella.
Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But your evil twin is hung like the horse from Cinderella... [Frown]
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The pilot episode of Space: Above and Beyond was filmed in Australia - so I'm sure there are some sorts of cross-overs to be had there?

I don't think anyone has specifically mentioned "Don S. Davis"

Major Briggs in "Twin Peaks" had something to do with Project Blue Book... a secret government investigation into UFOs and the paranormal - i believe.

Captain Scully in The X-Files... a show about secret government organisations and the paranormal. [Smile]

In Stargate-SG1 as Major General George Hammond of course. The Stargate program being a secret government organisation...

And I've met him at a Stargate-SG1 convention here in Brisbane - VERY nice guy. Teryl Rothery Also came (Dr. Fraser) VERY VERY nice lady. [Smile]

[ May 11, 2004, 03:39 AM: Message edited by: AndrewR ]

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wasn't there a website that someone did that was a database of actors and characters from Trek... so you could like click on Marc Alaimo and it would list all of the characters he did on Trek...

Badar N'D'D - Lonely Among Us
Commander Tebok - The Neutral Zone
Gul Macet - The Wounded
Frederick LaRouque - Time's Arrow
Gul Dukat - Deep Space Nine

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Bond, James Bond
Member # 1127

- posted      Profile for Bond, James Bond     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by B.J.:
I finally found a direct Star Wars link to another sci-fi series! Okay, it's a lame one, but I'll take it. Mark Hamill guest starred in a couple of Seaquest episodes as "Tobias LeConte". If I remember correctly (and please shoot me for remembering this), he was the one that dragged the Seaquest to another planet.

I got that beat. The one and only actor to appear in both a Star Trek series and Star Wars movie.

Clive Revill played Sir Guy of Gisborne in "Q-Pid" and was the first Emporer Palpatine shown in the hologram in "The Empire Strikes Back".

This doesn't really fit but both actors who have played Mr. Rourke in the new and old versions of "Fantasy Island", Ricardo Mantalban and Malcolm McDowell, both played villains in Star Trek movies, Khan and Soren respectively.

--------------------
"You must talk to him; tell him that he is a good cat, and a pretty cat, and..." -- Data
"I will feed him" -- Worf (Phantasms)

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Unless I missed someone else saying it, Brian Thompson was also in an episode of Crusade.

And what about David Warner? Has anyone mentioned him?

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Bond, James Bond
Member # 1127

- posted      Profile for Bond, James Bond     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^^^ Yep.

quote:
Originally posted by Cartman:
There's also David Warner, who played Chancellor Gorkon in TUC, Picard's torturer in Chain of Command, and Gajic the Seeker on B5

--------------------
"You must talk to him; tell him that he is a good cat, and a pretty cat, and..." -- Data
"I will feed him" -- Worf (Phantasms)

MarianLH
Member # 1102

- posted      Profile for MarianLH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Originally posted by PsyLiam:
quote:
I'm still surprised that someone was named after Maid Marion. [SNIP]
Got me; they never said, and I never cared enough to ask.

I can say for certain that
  • Men who wear tights would not appeal to my parents, especially my father, and
  • I'm too old to be named after the Disney film. Though it was a favourite of my childhood, and
  • They were never hippies.

Who knows? Maybe agent orange messed with their heads--they did meet in Vietnam. (In fact, it's possible I was concieved "in country.")

So what about you? Were you named after Liam Neeson? [Big Grin]

Marian

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

"Unless I missed someone else saying it, Brian Thompson was also in an episode of Crusade."

That's it! That's what I saw him in recently. And it is listed on IMDb. I must just have skimmed over it.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bond, James Bond:
I got that beat. The one and only actor to appear in both a Star Trek series and Star Wars movie.

Clive Revill played Sir Guy of Gisborne in "Q-Pid" and was the first Emporer Palpatine shown in the hologram in "The Empire Strikes Back".

You mean "the first Emperor Palpatine heard in the hologram in "The Emptire Strikes Back". The visual was a puppet. Therefore, Clive Revill never "appeared" in Star Wars.

He did voices in Transformers though. Which is (sort of) sci-fi.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PsyLiam:
quote:
Originally posted by Bond, James Bond:

You mean "the first Emperor Palpatine heard in the hologram in "The Emptire Strikes Back". The visual was a puppet. Therefore, Clive Revill never "appeared" in Star Wars.

He did voices in Transformers though. Which is (sort of) sci-fi.

Yeek. This guy's been all over the place. Looks like he was also in a epiosde of B5. And a voice of one of the Snorks??!! must..... purge.... bad.... 80s cartoon.....

B.J.

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps