Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » crossover actors (Page 4)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: crossover actors
Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jeffrey Coombs played an italian-american mafia hitman in an episode of some show, possibly "Time Trax" or "First Wave".
Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He appeared in two episodes: "All Alone In The Night" and "Points of Departure,"

I sit corrected! I never caught that that was him in "Points of Departure". [Smile]

Funny, how we don't have many or any from Farscape. All I can come up with on my own is Claudia Black, in "Pitch Black". David Franklin was apparently Braca and the Maitre D' in "Matrix Reloaded", but that's an absurdly minor role. Paul Goddard (Stark) was Agent Brown in "The Matrix". He was also in Babe, though I would never have recognized him in that role after Stark. That's not sci-fi, of course, I just think it's interesting that Hugo Weaving was also in Babe and The Matrix. But then I suppose all of that (and Lord of the Rings) were filmed in Australia and New Zealand, so it's less of a surprise.

Robert Foxworth was in an ep of "Outer Limits". As was, I now recall, Bruce Boxleitner. We just need Foxworth in the Farscape miniseries and he will have run the proverbial gamut. [Smile]

Oh, and Nim, I do believe MarianLH is already married. Careful, you might annoy someone powerful. [Wink]

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, if you start including Babe, you've got to throw in James Cromwell.

I suspect that the reason we don't see a lot of "Farscape" actors in other stuff is that the other stuff is primarily American, and the "Farscape" actors were Australian. I could be wrong, though.

Omega
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, I wasn't counting Babe as sci-fi, I was just saying that it was interesting that there are a lot of common actors among Farscape, Lord of the Rings, Matrix and Babe since they're all filmed in Australia and New Zealand. [Smile]
MarianLH
Member # 1102

- posted      Profile for MarianLH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Originally posted by Omega:
quote:
Oh, and Nim, I do believe MarianLH is already married. Careful, you might annoy someone powerful. [Wink]
I am not married. But that is one persistant case of mistaken identity.

Note that this does not necessarily rule out the possibility of annoying someone powerful--namely me. [Smile] But not in this case. I was flattered by Nim's post.

Don't get your hopes up, though. I'm not the marrying kind.

Marian

Bond, James Bond
Member # 1127

- posted      Profile for Bond, James Bond     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Reverend:
Sliding off topic for a second, does anyone have any clue as to what the latest B5 project is about? Last I heard it was reffered to as B5:TMoS, I wonder what that means? The Master of Spoo? The Movement of Shadows?

I heard the same thing about the title. Maybe it means "The Mystery of Straczynski" [Wink] . He also said in an usegroup interview that he wanted to wait until the Star Wars Prequels are over so he can fully capitalize on the new technologies employed in the last film. He said to expect an announcement from Warner Bros. towards the end of May. Another coy reference he made was to the 2.35:1 aspect ratio of film so like Cartman said it looks to be a feature film project. That's about it though.

Maybe "Firefly's" transition to the big screen inspired him to do a B5 film as well.

--------------------
"You must talk to him; tell him that he is a good cat, and a pretty cat, and..." -- Data
"I will feed him" -- Worf (Phantasms)

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think that the choice of whether a B5 film will be made or not is in the hands of Mr JMS.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, I need to get one thing cleared up. Is Marian male or female? Because there's a lot of talk indicating femininity, but precedent dictates that women don't typically go anywhere near the actual Trek areas of the board.

And the name is sure as hell no indication.

Mucus
Member # 24

- posted      Profile for Mucus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Plus, what IS the mistaken identity?
Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some people thought, and apparently still think, that Marian is Beth, Styrofoam's (you know, multi-millionaire, lost his foot, runs huge plastic empire, you can't miss him) wife. Which she's not.

--------------------
".mirrorS arE morE fuN thaN televisioN" - TEH PNIK FLAMIGNO

MarianLH
Member # 1102

- posted      Profile for MarianLH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Originally posted by TSN:
quote:
And the name is sure as hell no indication.
Really? I've never heard of a man named Marian. Marion, with an o, but never Marian.

(Ironically, the Maid Marian of Robin Hood legend, after whom I'm supposedly named, was spelled with an o back in the actual middle ages. But my parents aren't exactly lit scholars.)

Is it really so strange? I'm usually a minority in my various geek pursuits (except for role-playing games, for some reason), but never the only one. If I wasn't such a thick-skinned old broad, I might feel a little awkward, now. Like I'm trespassing or something. But fortunately I don't give a damn. [Smile]

Marian

MarianLH
Member # 1102

Originally posted by Cartman:
quote:
Some people thought, and apparently still think, that Marian is Beth, Styrofoam's (you know, multi-millionaire, lost his foot, runs huge plastic empire, you can't miss him) wife. Which she's not.
Millionaire? Nobody ever mentioned he's a millionaire. Wait, I'd like to change my answer--

[Big Grin]
Marian

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Huh, Styrofoamman is beginning to sound more and more like a "James Bond"-villain. Get that man a texhnolyzed leg right now!

MarianLH: You're not stepping on any male toes, sci-fi and technobabble is unclaimed ground, and so it shall remain.

Omega
Member # 91

Well, I feel silly.
B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I finally found a direct Star Wars link to another sci-fi series! Okay, it's a lame one, but I'll take it. Mark Hamill guest starred in a couple of Seaquest episodes as "Tobias LeConte". If I remember correctly (and please shoot me for remembering this), he was the one that dragged the Seaquest to another planet.

That just leaves finding one for Farscape, with the "Pitch Black" connection not counting since it's not a series.

B.J.

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps