Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Lord of the Rings $$$$$$$$$$ (Page 2)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Lord of the Rings $$$$$$$$$$
Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dominic Monaghan = Merry.

------------------
Darlene: I read a lot of science fiction.
Herbert: Bless you, my child.
Kay: The world needs more people like you.

-Deep Space Nine, "Far Beyond the Stars."

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rigbearer reports that two more actors are signed.

Legolas-Orlando Bloom

Gimli-John Rhys Davies Yeah, he's to tall, but may be the best actor signed so far!!

I'm starting to look forward to this, hope they don't screw it up.

------------------
Outside of a dog, a book is a mans best friend. Inside of a dog, it's to dark to read. Groucho Marx

Jubilee
...complete with cherries!
Member # 99

- posted      Profile for Jubilee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wonder who they'll get to play Galadriel.

------------------
"If you will not have me as myself, Perhaps as someone else. Perhaps as you, I'll be worth noticing. Then even a eunuch won't resist, The power of one kiss, from such as me.
I'll be that girl: and you would be right over. If I were a field, you would be in clover. If I were the sun, you would be in shadow. If I had a gun, there'd be no tomorrow."
~ Barenaked Ladies

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been wondering the same thing, any ideas???

------------------
Outside of a dog, a book is a mans best friend. Inside of a dog, it's to dark to read. Groucho Marx

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Portia de Rossi from Ally McBeal - well she has the hair for it

Or maybe Gwynneth Paltrow!?!

Who would be Celeborn, or Elrond, or Radagast, or Faramir, or Theoden, or Treebeard, or Eomer, or Glorfindel, or Fatty Bolger, or Lobelia Sackville-Baggins or Butterbur or Goldberry or Cirdan or...

------------------
"All is full of love, all around you" - Bj�rk

The First One
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Michelle Pfeiffer. It'd be a neat cameo.

And no Bombadil, therefore no Goldberry.

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

Michelle Pfeiffer would be nice, she can act, and still has the beauty. The Ally girls are to young, but since they are going with a lot of people who look to young...

------------------

Jubilee
...complete with cherries!
Member # 99

- posted      Profile for Jubilee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*returns briefly*

Michelle Pfiefer did an excellent job as Titania in Midsummer Night's Dream this summer.... She could play a good Galadriel.. *nods*

And *frowns about not including Bombadil*.. WE NEED HIM in the movie!... And Goldberry was equally important, in a sense.

------------------
"If you will not have me as myself, Perhaps as someone else. Perhaps as you, I'll be worth noticing. Then even a eunuch won't resist, The power of one kiss, from such as me.
I'll be that girl: and you would be right over. If I were a field, you would be in clover. If I were the sun, you would be in shadow. If I had a gun, there'd be no tomorrow."
~ Barenaked Ladies

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

After watching Ally last week, and figureing out which was Portia, yes, she could do it too.

------------------

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

Two more!!

Ethan Hawke- Faramir
Brian Sergent- Ted Sandyman

------------------

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

These are unconfirmed, Ringbearer says they will be confirmed on Friday.

Galadriel- Cate Blanchett
Wormtongue- Brad Dourif
Theoden- Kevin Conway
Pictures of Blanchett and Dourif are at ringbearer, under NEWS.
Didn't Dourif play Lon Suder on Voyager? I went to look it up, but Yahoo stoped responding, and I need to go do some work.
------------------

[This message has been edited by Kosh (edited October 07, 1999).]

[This message has been edited by Kosh (edited October 07, 1999).]

Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know, Brad Dourif might actually make a better Wormtongue than Jeff Combs...

------------------
"Alright... Who wrote 'Beavis and Butthead rule' on the back of my skull?"

- Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Star Trek Parody, The Critic

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

Ah, the press release!!
http://www.scifi.com/sfw/issue130/news.html

------------------
"One Tequila, Two Tequila, Three Tequila, Floor". George Carlin

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

Stuart Townsand has been sacked, because of "director-actor creative chemistry" According to an article posted at ringbearer. replaceing Townsand in the role of Aragorn is Viggo Mortensen, an older man, who has had roles in "Awake on the Moon", "Portrait of a Lady" and played a navy seal in "G.I.Jane"

------------------
"One Tequila, Two Tequila, Three Tequila, Floor". George Carlin

[This message has been edited by Kosh (edited October 18, 1999).]

The First One
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
YEE-HAH!!!

Viggo Mortensen I'll buy. . . he was also in "Crimson Tide" and Sean Penn's "The Indian Runner."

This is - well, could be - excellent news. Up yours, you barely-able-to-shave Irish prettyboy! 8)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps