Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Lord of the Rings $$$$$$$$$$ (Page 3)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Lord of the Rings $$$$$$$$$$
Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Viggo is not an "old man"!!!

------------------
-You're crazy!!!
-Funny, I thought I was pisces!

The First One
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Older man. . .
Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've never seen him, but Ringbearer (Joram)agrees with First One. Says Viggo looks the part, and is a good actor.

Sad, they have barley begun to shoot, and are two days behind, because of the sacking.

------------------
"One Tequila, Two Tequila, Three Tequila, Floor". George Carlin

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ringbearer has moved to:
http://fandom.com/ringbearer/

------------------
Fool of a Took, throw yourself in next time!!
Gandalf

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

I'm bringing this back to the top, to go along with the other thread.

------------------
Gandalf

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
YUK, YUK, YUK, BLEGGHH, AAAARRRRGGGHHH!
John Rhys-Davies as Gimli!! I never ever imagined Gimli looking like a big fat Pavarotti-looking overweight out-of-shape hamburger eating guy

Viggo Mortensen as Aragorn is good!
Galadriel is OK, too.
Sean Bean as Boromir is totally awesome! The pefect type!

------------------
"When You're Up to Your Ass in Alligators, Today Is the First Day of the Rest of Your Life."
-- Management slogan, Ridcully-style (Terry Pratchett, The Last Continent, Discworld)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Prakesh's Star Trek Site

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hm... Apparently everyone already knew that Dourif was playing Wormtongue. I guess I didn't need to point it out in the other thread...

And I agree about Rhys-Davies. Even if they shortne him the same way they do the hobbits, he does not look like a dwarf...

------------------
"Good. I'll look forward to your report, Mr. Broccoli."
-Capt. Jean-Luc Picard, TNG: "Hollow Pursuits"

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Off-topic:

Did you know Colm Meaney (sp??), O'Brien, played a drwaf as well in a movie (saw in on German TV last week, don't know the English title).

------------------
"When You're Up to Your Ass in Alligators, Today Is the First Day of the Rest of Your Life."
-- Management slogan, Ridcully-style (Terry Pratchett, The Last Continent, Discworld)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Prakesh's Star Trek Site

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

Davies is a fine actor, and will do well in the role. Short and round is the way the Dwarfs were discribed in the books.

------------------
Gandalf

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Erm... I think dwarves are supposed to be muscular, not "round"...

------------------
"Compared to you, every male on this ship is an expert on women!"
-Geordi LaForge to Wesley Crusher, TNG: "Sarek"

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

Yes THESE are dwarves. I don't see any big fat Americans (no offence) walking here!

------------------
Prakesh's Star Trek Site

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tutt Tutt... that is Dragonlance/TSR/AD&D NOT The Lord Of The Rings... AD&D has pointed ears on the elves etc... it ISN'T Tolkien.

------------------
"Who wouldn't be the one you love
Who wouldn't stand inside your love." - Stand Inside Your Love, The Smashing Pumpkins

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

Tolkien's elves didn't have pointed ears? Hm...

------------------
"Compared to you, every male on this ship is an expert on women!"
-Geordi LaForge to Wesley Crusher, TNG: "Sarek"

[This message has been edited by TSN (edited April 13, 2000).]

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
nup.

------------------
"Who wouldn't be the one you love
Who wouldn't stand inside your love." - Stand Inside Your Love, The Smashing Pumpkins

Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Uh...what DO they look like then? Enlighten me.

------------------
"One more day before the storm
At the barricades of freedom!
When our ranks begin to form
Will you take your place with me?"
--Enjolras, "One Day More," Les Miserables

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps