Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Firefly laziness-related blowout ("Jaynestown," "Out of Gas," "Ariel") (Page 2)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Firefly laziness-related blowout ("Jaynestown," "Out of Gas," "Ariel")
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sol: I just watched Serenity tonight and I was thinking the same thing. But I looked real close when those guys came in the archive room with Dr. Mathias, soon before they all got sliced, and they didn't have blue hands.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was hoping to se the "Blue Hand Group" in the movie, but the Operative was far cooler.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, I know they didn't have blue hands, I'm saying that, based on the, you know, vibe of the scene, that that's what they felt like. (And, indeed, while watching the film for the first time I was sure for a moment that they would have them.)
bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I concur.
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"War Stories" was great. I totally got into it, which is unusual for me. But when River takes the three guys out with three shots without looking or opening her eyes, I said "Fuck!" out loud.

"Trash" was OK. Another heist ep, really. And the whole we-have-to-trust-this-person-even-though-we-know-she's-gonna-betray-us-eventually thig gets really tedious after a while.

Oh, no! Only one disc to go! Oh, well - in case I haven't already said it, I can at least say to Snay: "Nyahh!"

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One disk... that means "The Message", "Heart of Gold", and "Objects in Space"...

"The Message" is good. Lots of cool F-14 spaceshipey stuff. Just wait... you'll see.

"Heart of Gold"... so-so. But funny. And kind of sad. A nice little recap of the exodus from Earth-that-was and arrival at the new system, but you have to watch for it.

"Objects in Space"... very cool. "She understands. She doesn't comprehend."

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"...I don't know these folks. Don't much care to."

"They're whores."

"I'm in."

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Out of Gas was a great backstory episode, but I found it kind of boring. Ariel is one of my favorite though, and Jaynestown is pretty good.

"No power in the 'verse can stop me."

I bought a couple reproductions of Jayne's t-shirts from the series and movie, but what I need is the hat so that when people see me wearing it they'll know I have no fear.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

I was going to make a "No power in the verse can stop me" t-shirt on CafePress... but then I didn't.

I could probably whip up a Blue Sun shirt, though, if anyone wants one. I'll just need to find reference for the logo.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

Hobbes
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.bluesunshirts.com/

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll wait for Alan's to come on the market. I'm still miffed that the guy doing BSG Viper shirts on eBay seems to have discontinued that range, leaving only Caprica Buccaneers ones available.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

You may be better just getting one of those, Lee. The lowest I'll be able to sell it for will be CafePress' base price, which I think will be higher than what he's charging. And he's got more color options than CafePress.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

Hobbes
Member # 138

I would recommend bluesunshirts, they're good quality, withstand many washes, and best of all arrive within 3 days of ordering.

--------------------

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

To get that real Jayne Cobb look though... do you really want them to withstand alot of washing? [Smile]

But ok... if you want... Here Are My Blue Sun Shirts

I have the free shop, so I had to switch a couple of existing products over to these, since I can only sell one of each kind of product. If you want any changes or additions to them, I can make them.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

Hobbes
Member # 138

Sweet a classic thong!

True, I do like the worn in look myself, but I also like to wear it in myself, I'm not a fan of pre-worn in clothes. I just meant to say that the logo won't come off easily.

--------------------

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps