Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Firefly laziness-related blowout ("Jaynestown," "Out of Gas," "Ariel") (Page 4)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Firefly laziness-related blowout ("Jaynestown," "Out of Gas," "Ariel")
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Those Left Behind"? Is that the graphic novel containing all three issues of the comic that take place between the series and the movie? Or is this another comic project?

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, I'm pretty sure that the collection.

Really great art (though I still have ye to read it!).

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He Who Shall Not Be named hath communicated the following to me via Ouji Board:

quote:
Somehow, I think this fits here...

The Internation Movie Poster Awards for 2005. Serentiy got SHIT on.

http://www.impawards.com/2005/index.html

Personally, I think the movie poster was pretty bad.
Of course, so was the one for War of The Worlds, which managed to rip-off the horrible old TV show.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didn't really like Serenity's poster either, but it's far better than the DVD jacket which features a huge mass of people covering the background that are never seen in the movie. Could be the Reavers, but there weren't that many of them.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The UK Region 2 sleave isn't much better. Very bland.
Somehow I perfer the theatrical poster to either of these other two.

Mind you, I get that this was a difficult film for the marketing people to wrap their heads around. They should have pushed the cowboy angle more and eased off on the blade and gun weilding sci-fi babe side of things.
The point is the trick people into watching a film they might not otherwise watch, no?
It worked for the planet of the apes remake. I was completely duped by the poster.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
While the movie poster is indeed better, I kinda like the UK jacket better than the NA jacket... Now only if the UK jacket used the Papyrus font I'd be pleased as punch.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And the tight-trousers-and-overcoat look isn't good for Mal, it looks like he's forgotten to put his trousers on.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

Hmmm... yah, I hadn't noticed that, but you're right.

The UK version really has very little merit other than making River look really cool. OK... so there's a big explosion that never happens in the middle of a desert they never visit. And Inara's holding a gun she never uses. Kay.

I really am confused, too, about the font switch. Did they think the whole Zen thing wouldn't work outside the US?

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

Not Invented Here
Member # 1606

- posted      Profile for Not Invented Here     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't like the UK poster. Considering I live in the UK, that's a bit of a problem. Stupid marketing people. Also not happy about the stupid gap between the US and UK release, but I've got Battlestar Galactica to keep me company for the moment.
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, it's the time of year for wholly unsubstantiated rumors. (The last item on the page.)
Lee
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
CW?

--------------------

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
CBS/Warner. I.e., the coming UPN + WB network.
Lee
Member # 393

Ahh. . . I had a feeling the 'W' would be Warner-related, but I'd forgotten the recent announcement that the WB would be merging with UPN.

--------------------

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

I had a hard time making it past the Brooke Burke Calendar ad and the banner for the mother/daughter "who's hottest" issue of that magazine. Crickey.

Anyway... I'd of course be thrilled to see the series come back, but only if all the surviving characters are in it and only if Whedon is back at the helm. For instance, picking up the show with River, but no Simon would be dumb. And the place just wouldn't feel right without Kaylee or Jayne. Nope... they all need to be back.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Serenity $$$$$...
I'll miss Wash.

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps