Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Firefly laziness-related blowout ("Jaynestown," "Out of Gas," "Ariel") (Page 3)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Firefly laziness-related blowout ("Jaynestown," "Out of Gas," "Ariel")
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You should make the Serenity logo from the movie- the one on the side of the ship.
Mabye a baseball hat.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I'm home sick, so I watched the last disc in one go. Disaster! When's the film out on DVD? Is there any news on any other sort of continuation?

I loved "Objects in Space." I'm not sure how Mal went from having a second fight with Early in the corridor, to outside in a suit so suddenly as to boot Jubal into the infinite. And the mention of the low odds of him surviving, along with that great last line, make me think that if the show'd lasted we'd have seen him again. Bit of a Slave One influence on his ship, too.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Lee
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
(also, I'm so committed to making a financial contribution to the franchise, I'm not even going to go see if I can locate a tango-oscar-romeo-romeo-echo-november-tango of the movie online!)

--------------------

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amazon.co.uk has February 27 as the DVD release date.
Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe Whedon has said that if there is any further Firefly, he'd like to bring Early back.

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lee: Mal only had the one fight with Early. He whooped his butt, dumped him in his quarters, then went to see Kaylee. River helped Kaylee unlock all the crew quarters, then Mal went out and put his suit on while River kept Early distracted on the bridge. There seemed to be a good 10 minutes that Mal had to get suited up and on the hull. Worked for me.

The DVD is already out here in the US and I already own it [Smile] The deleted scenes are so-so, but the gag reel alone is worth the cost of the DVD. Wait for it: "What aren't you doing?" "Crap."

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep, I have the movie, too. 'Twas the perfect application of that Best Buy gift card we got for Christmas!

B.J.

Lee
Member # 393

Now that's bloody strange. I posted a reply but it's vanished. Yes, it was Simon who had the second fight in the corridor. It never occurred to me it was him because he'd just been seemingly-incapacitated by the gunshot. I suspect they used the same stuntman for both fights (after all, Mal and Simon are closest in appearance), hence my confusion. . .

--------------------

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Stuntman? You speak as though these events aren't real... as though they are being acted out in some fashion for some kind of... production...

But, Simon's shirtlessness is a dead giveaway. Mal tends to spend the whole of the episode all shirtified. Which, to me, seems rather a kindness.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Not Invented Here
Member # 1606

- posted      Profile for Not Invented Here     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jubal Early is a brilliant character, and well acted too. I'd like to see him come back. One thing that surprised me was the fact that they left his ship behind. Considering it managed to sneak up on Serenity un-noticed, I imagine it would be a handy piece of kit to have around.
Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How bout some Blue Sun boxers?

Read rumors of made-for-TV movies for Sci-Fi Channel.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Not Invented Here:
Jubal Early is a brilliant character, and well acted too. I'd like to see him come back. One thing that surprised me was the fact that they left his ship behind. Considering it managed to sneak up on Serenity un-noticed, I imagine it would be a handy piece of kit to have around.

Yeah, I agree. I've liked that actor since his days on Law and Order.

His ship was indeed cool (very "Slave One with arms", but so cramped- imagine being stuck in there for days or weeks at a stretch: small wonder Jubal was a bit "odd".

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know, it had all those cool semi-transparent screens. Maybe it's just the nerd in me(hmm, it is just the nerd in me...), but those things could keep my amusement for weeks. With the right channels.

I'd be more concerned about everyone seeing when you go to the loo.

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I guess we have to assume that unloading Early's ship would have been more trouble than it was worth.

I do hope they sold that flying ambulance somewhere, though.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

I just piced up the (very nicely illustrated) Serenity: Those Left Behind" comic book (written by Joss Whedon) but cant sit down to read it untill later tonight (gotta head to work just now).

Anyone else got this yet?

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps