Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Ships based on ... ($$$ of all kinds of Sci-Fi) (Page 4)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Ships based on ... ($$$ of all kinds of Sci-Fi)
HMS White Star
Member # 174

- posted      Profile for HMS White Star     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well Dan I could have changed my name to the HMS Lusitania (sp)(which was a military ship, techincally it was a Crusier). Also I am sure B5 was first, then the Vorlon ships, I remember something about basing Vorlon ships on the shape of Garlic, or perhaps a Squid, I don't remember it been a long time since I read that.

Btw, Dan triva question name the first time the White Star appeared on B5.

------------------
HMS White Star (your local friendly agent of Chaos and a d*mn lucky b*st*rd:-) )

Dan
Member # 129

- posted      Profile for Dan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, here's the quote from the interview with Ron Thornton at Lurker's Guide:

quote:
Jason Ironheart's ship (Mind War) was the first ship Ron built via computer (and was also seen in the pilot "The Gathering") in tribute to some of his
"teachers" and is reminiscent of the Zep One from the British television show Captain Zep.

And the Vorlon Transport:

[quote]Thornton: "It's a clove of garlic, actually. I got the idea driving through the town of Gilroy which is kind of like the garlic capital of the world and has this absolutely delicious smell."

The clove of garlic grew into an organic ship which Thornton used to sell the idea of Organic Technology to Straczynski to be used by some of the alien races[quote]

About the White Star question, which White Star? There's the one we know and love that first appeared in Matters of Honor, but there's the "Passenger Liner White Star" that was mentioned in TKO. Which are YOU refering to?

------------------
Daniel Henderson
Senior Babylon 5/Crusade Editor
http://www.myrkr.com

Contributing Writer
Beyond Babylon
http://www.b5mg.com/Beyond_Babylon

The First One
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And Gilroy is near Morgan Hill, California (aka Moron Hell) where our main man Charles lives. Coincidence? I don't think so. . . 8)

------------------
"Have you seen blood in the moonlight, Will? It appears quite black."

- Dr. Hannibal Lecktor (Brian Cox), Manhunter (Michael Mann, 1986)

HMS White Star
Member # 174

- posted      Profile for HMS White Star     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*Clap, clap* the one in TKO, dang you got that . But it was the first White Star on B5.

------------------
HMS White Star (your local friendly agent of Chaos and a d*mn lucky b*st*rd:-) )

Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
AH, the X-Men jet
That one is NOT a SR-71 Blackbird, although it is called Blackbird.
The X-Men Blackbird has forward swept wings, the real Blackbird has delta wings, the X-Men BB has a lot of room to walk in, the real BB has only got 2 seats.

BUT: It still is a ship based on a real jet .

Keep on going...

------------------
"You don't need a gun."
"That depends on your definition of 'save sex'."

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didn't say it, Xavier did! I make no claims for the actual accuracy of his statements.

------------------
"And much of Madness, and more of Sin, and Horror the soul of the plot."
--
The Conqueror Worm, by Edgar Allan Poe

HMS White Star
Member # 174

Yes the Blackbird certainly isn't a SR-71 (or if Ford hadn't screwed up the name an RS-71), perhaps it's V/STOL capablities make it very different. It seems like a transport version of X-29/Harrier hybrid.

------------------

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps