Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Star Wars » Episode II - Attack of the Clones (Page 2)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Episode II - Attack of the Clones
Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Howard the Duck...Willow...If only he had agreed not to do those films, his career would be straight and clean (except for Jar Jar).
Who lives in Marin County (or just California) that can sneak into Skywalker Ranch and talk some sense into the man?

--------------------
Meh

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nobody likes anything anymore.
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like your new "old English" name.

Well, at least better than "The Shadow."

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Veers
You first
Member # 661

No doubt, though, Lucas has troops guarding the ranch, motion detectors, and a helicopter... It would be hard to sneak in without getting shot... Or, at least, detected and forced to watch the "Willow" DVD.

--------------------
Meh

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You could hit a couple of guards on the head and steal their uniforms. . .

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Or, you could smuggle yourself in on an 18-wheeler conveniently named the "Millennium Falcon."

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Veers
You first
Member # 661

Or fire a rocket into a ventilation shaft! The ranch goes boom!

--------------------
Meh

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey now, I actually liked Willow.

"Attack of the Clones" doesn't really bug as much as some of the other subtitles that were possibly considered:

• All Your Clones Are Belong To Us
  • Whistle While You Clone
  • The Wrath of the Clones
  • The Search for Dolly
  • We Are The Clones
  • Lucas' Revenge

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"The Shadow" was a B5 reference, from when we still had "The Vorlon" and "The First One."
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"the title blows. it does sound like some crap B-movie."

"It sounds like some shitty b-movie from the 60's."

And what do you think the influence of Star Wars is? 2001: A Space Oddessey, or the old Buck Rogers and Flash Gorden serials?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was going to give kudos to Shik. Despite the fact that he obviously posted that message just to convince us that his friend finds him funny, the fact that he knows who played The Brain automatically makes him at least semi-cool.

Or at least he would be, if Rob Paulsen hadn't been the one who played Pinky. Maurice LaMarche played the Brain, Orson Welles on The Critic, Kif in Futurama, and Dick McMan, Ratman, Simion, Washington, and Additional Voices on Dexter's Lab.

But let's return to "Lucus sux! He ignroes continuity and will have phaserz and tranportes". Or something.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Veers
You first
Member # 661

Lucas is cool. He had just watched Howard the Duck the night before, got drunk at a party with Rick McCallum, and ended up sleeping in his TV Control Room watching satellite pics of Bill Gate's mansion.
Ok, ok, so he probably didn't. But I can't see why Rick McCallum, John Williams, or any other people there approved of the title. I wonder what they thought when he said, "how about 'Attack of the Clones?'" Probably got some stares.

--------------------
Meh

USS Vanguard
i hate clowns
Member # 130

- posted      Profile for USS Vanguard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now, "Send in the Clones" would have been much more appropriate.

--------------------
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger,
Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die."-Mel Brooks

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
But I can't see why Rick McCallum, John Williams, or any other people there approved of the title.

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but isn't John Williams the film's music composer and orchestrator? As such, I highly doubt that he would have any say in the film's subtitle. Unless, of course, there is another "John Williams" out there. :: cue X-Files music ::

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone really believe there's any quality control left in the Lucas compound? Nobody seemed to be around when the script notes consisted of "Add more 'yippees' to the script and make the Chinese accents more outrageous."

Anyway, let's compare the subtitles.

Star Wars: A New Hope. Well, no one calls it that. Apparently that title wasn't even there on the original credits. So, Star Wars. It's ok. Not exactly awe inspiring. It's an icon now, of course.

The Empire Strikes Back. Notice there wasn't any of this "Star Wars: Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back" nonsense. So, which empire? Oh, yeah, THE Empire. Ok. What are they doing? Striking back? Makes sense, considering the first movie.

Return of the Jedi. Or was it The Return of the Jedi? Anyway, so the Jedi are returning. Well, sort of. Luke is, anyway, and he's almost a Jedi. Return of the Guy Who May Become A Jedi By The End Of The Film is a bit too wordy. Note that there were Ewoks in this film.

Star Wars: The Phantom Menace. Hmm. Ok. So, a menace is out there. It's all phantomy and hidden and stuff. It's Palpatine. This sounded kind of silly at first, but I think it works, in the end.

Star Wars: Attack of the Clones. Ok, so there are some clones. They attack! Oh no! Which clones? I don't know. Just, you know, all of them. The problem isn't just its campiness. It's the totally random nature of the title. The first sequels had some connection to the film in their title. Phantom Menace didn't, really, but was kind of ok because no one was quite sure what the film would be about anyway.

There was a film released in the 70's called Parts: The Clonus Horror. It was about clones too. It had a better title.

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps